Goodbye Columbus..Day.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
haase said:
I remember in the early 70s when my parents moved to Texas, I thought it was the greatest place to be, but when we moved there it wasn't to change anything, it was the way of life they had and to fit in, l bought property in Athens about 20 years ago thinking I would move back, sold it 2 years ago, never thought it would change like it did, but it's the same all over.

It has become a burb of Dallas.
People think nothing of 75 to 100 mile commute today.
The Race Trac gas station is full every morning in Livingston Texas of commuters working on the Houston Ship channel.
Problem with that they bring the same ideas and lifestyle the fled with them.
It didn't work in thier country , it won't work here! They don't get it!

JMJ Farms said:
Another classic example of politicians trying to gain favor with a few in order to maintain their position of power despite the desires of the many. But as long as the many continue to allow it, then it will only get worse.

Told my wife last night while we're out eating supper....I've been singing a Hank Williams song since I was a teenager. The title is Dinosaur. I used to sing it bc I liked it. Now I sing it bc it echoes how I feel. And I'm only 38 years old. The older I get, the less and less I like the world I live in. I'm becoming more and more of a recluse.

That's a Hank, Jr. tune.

Richnm said:
Another point. We natives did what to each other what some say we were victims of. It was the times , they will never understand. If I want to put a statue of an "Indian" ( the term doesn't bother me ) I will, and would respect anyone's choice to honor their history etc. The crisis dates back to 1600s . If you want to know more google Pueblo revolt 1682. I sure am glad "white" people discovered America instead of others that would eventually would have destroyed indigenous peoples completely.

Take any group of people and at some point in history they have fallen victim to another culture. Historically the Mongel hordes had to have been close to the worst for the shear number of victims. The Spaniards were pretty ruthless as well with their colonies.
The Third Reich was credited with over 20 million non combatants deaths.
We could go on and on.

Richman, you're right, it didn't work in their country, but they think it will work here, look at Minnesota, what a joke.

I am in New Mexico. I can tell you first hand. We use to have great "seasonal" labor on the 90s when I was growing up. Dam good workers. Now they all want to be Chapo Guzman.

Minnesota is beyond a joke , when this country is broke and our kids are hungry ... Whick dam country is gonna take our kids in or help us?! Like America or get the F-"k out!!!

ALACOWMAN said:
Richnm said:
I am Native American. A real one. Not like Warren. I speak my language etc. I get bothered when I hear they want to destroy statues or change names of places or events. It's just wrong. My theory is a bunch of imperfect events created the Perfect Country!!!
a lot of Cherokee in my family,don't remember hearing my grandmaw say anything about Columbus,or Even jackson...he's going down next... :cowboy:
Wife went outside lol. They say Jackson wanted to eliminate Indians . So what? Indians wanted to eliminate whites. Always a winner and a loser.

Richnm, I can't pretend to know what the Native Americans went through. Most of us can't. But I sure respect your opinion now.
I was raised dirt poor in the mountains of VA and was taught to work hard and respect good people. It seems you were taught much the same. Now it seems were supposed to cuddle the deadbeats, the thieves, those that don't try. If they don't like the US move somewhere else.

Kenny, couldn't have said it better, but them lowlifes will always be around, we don't have the punishment in this country that others do for badmouthing were they came from, like you said, if you dont like it then leave, but they will always be around to be an anchor.

Quickly. The only real Native Americans are in the Southwest. Pueblo , Navajo , Apache , Ute, Hopi . We still have our traditions , languages, clans etc. The rest in the USA are only descendants- which means nothing!!This is the acceptable definition of Native Americans to us. If you meet a so "called" native ask them thier clan? Ask them to speak thier language? Redskins , please leave them Alone!

haase said:
The land of 10,000 lakes, funny Wisconsin has over 15,000, go figure.

Off Subject - In Minnesota a lake is defined as 10 acres or more. In Wisconsin it is 1 acre. Comparing apples to apples Minnesota has a lot more. But Florida claims over 30,000 lakes so they have more than both, but I don't know how they define a lake. But MN has over 90 million miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida, and Hawaii combined. So I'm guessing a lot of Florida lakes are small also.

Latest posts