Good Weekend.... updated pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Well this past weekend we had our World Show in Fort Worth. This was our best World Show ever. We ended up with 9 championships this year. We were also named World Show Premier Exhibitor for the 9th year in a row. We had World Reserve Grand Champion Female, and World Reserve Grand Champion Non-Haltered Mature Female, however the pinnacle of the weekend was when we won World Grand Champion Bull. The bull was born 5-9-2006 and of the 58 bulls in the show, 43 of them were older than him. He first won Junior Champion then was selected as the overall Grand Champion, beating the Senior Champion bull (who had won overall grand at every show he had been entered in that year). This was easily the most exciting experience I've ever had in the showring.

I've shown it before, but here is a picture of the bull... its an old one, should be getting a look at the ones from the show here shortly

Sanddollar_SamsoniteSmall.jpg

What do ya'll think of him?

Ryan

p.s. I can post pictures of some of our other champions, too. If ya'll would like.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

POST MORE! POST MORE!

Seriously, congratulations.

That bull is one handsome fella. Feel like sticking him in an airmail envelope and sending him down to me?

Please post pictures of your other champions, I'd love to see them.

Congratulations Ryan, :clap: Great job !!! He's a nice looking bull. And yes I want to see more pic's too

Ryan":3u8mooyx said:
Well this past weekend we had our World Show in Fort Worth. This was our best World Show ever. We ended up with 9 championships this year. We were also named World Show Premier Exhibitor for the 9th year in a row. We had World Reserve Grand Champion Female, and World Reserve Grand Champion Non-Haltered Mature Female, however the pinnacle of the weekend was when we won World Grand Champion Bull. The bull was born 5-9-2006 and of the 58 bulls in the show, 43 of them were older than him. He first won Junior Champion then was selected as the overall Grand Champion, beating the Senior Champion bull (who had won overall grand at every show he had been entered in that year). This was easily the most exciting experience I've ever had in the showring.

I've shown it before, but here is a picture of the bull... its an old one, should be getting a look at the ones from the show here shortly

Sanddollar_SamsoniteSmall.jpg

What do ya'll think of him?

Ryan

p.s. I can post pictures of some of our other champions, too. If ya'll would like.

Well Ryan - you probably know my opinion of them there LH cattle. Great animals and every commercial herd can use them for genetic diversity. They sure do well in the far north as well.

You should not only be very happy with the results, you should be proud that all of your hard work has continued to pay off.

You have a very, very well deserved reputation my friend.

And I might add you put out some darned good animals.

Bravo!

Bez>

Well here ya go...

This female won:
'07 TLBT National Youth Show Reserve Senior Champion Female ...there were about 250 females in the show, 75 of which were senior females.
'07 TLBAA World Reserve Senior Champion Haltered Female
'07 TLBAA World Reserve Grand Champion Female

sdredemptionsangel.jpg

This cow won '07 World Reserve Grand Champion Non-Haltered Mature Female

SDCHANDLERSREDEMPTION.jpg

This heifer was '07 World Reserve Junior Champion Female... she is a genetic full sister to the bull above (same sire and dam's are full sisters)

geez, her back looks bad in that picture, trust me, its not always that bad
_nessy.jpg

This is our World Grand Champion Produce of Dam (for the second year in a row) ...2 animals of natural birth out of the same female. The only difference is that the younger has a calf this time, and the older one didnt (the calf look familiar though?)

ProduceofDam.jpg

I'm going to get some newer pictures, and hopefully the pictures from the show, shortly. I'll update when I get them.

Also at the show, we ended up winning all but 1 of the classes we were entered in. We entered 12 entries in 10 classes and ended up with 9 first places. In the 2 classes we had 2 entries the animal that did not win got 2nd place and 3rd place.

Ryan

In the bull division there were 58 bulls, 43 of which were older than my bull (including the reserve grand champion bull, who had not been beaten a single time this year).

In the non-haltered mature division there were about 20 animals, born all the way back to 1999.

In the youth show there were about 250 females. 75 of which were in the Senior division.

In the open show there were about 50 Junior division females, and about 43 Senior division females.... Just under 100 females.

And to make the classes go by quicker, there is never more than 10 in a class. If they have 11 or more entries in a class they break it down (i.e. a class with 11 entries will be broken into a class of 6 and 5). This makes the classes smaller, but the division championship classes have more animals in there competing.

Ryan

Quality Cattle":3q65vm4a said:
RYAN CONGRATULATIONS AND HIGH FIVES. :D

Thanks. And HIGH FIVES right back at ya. (i'm a big fan of the High Five)

Here's a new picture of him. He's been in the breeding pen since Sunday. He's not posing, but you get the idea.

sanddollarsamsoniteSmall.jpg

Man, that's some fine looking animals in tip-top condition. Easy to see why you won so many prizes. Great work.

I don't normally like Longhorns, but yours seem to have muscle to them. They look nice. Congratulations! How do you show non-haltered classes?

L Weir":2b1gxvti said:
I don't normally like Longhorns, but yours seem to have muscle to them. They look nice. Congratulations! How do you show non-haltered classes?

Thanks... we are trying to get some more muscle on them.

Non-halter is just like showing them on halter (same classes and divisions... except bulls) you just have them all in the arena loose. Its pretty neat. They don't offer this division everywhere, but its fun. Get to see the animals a little different.

here's a couple of pictures (not my animals)
non-halter_steers.JPG

non-halter.JPG

Ryan

Latest posts