Good Deal- Used stock trailer??

Help Support CattleToday:

EIEIO

Reaction score
I've been getting by with a 14 foot Neckover brand gooseneck stock trailer. I've been wanting a 16 foot gooseneck trailer and the other day I found one. I needed the extra room plus the wife was even in agreement cause her horse trailer is a 3 horse slant and sometimes she wants to haul 4 horses and my 14 foot trailer was too small.

It's a 1988 S and H bought from the origional owner. It's always been shedded and washed out after use. NO exterior rust. NO floor rust anywhere even in the corners. Floor looks like new under the custom mats. Origional paint and tarp that has no rips or tears anywhere. Wiring is all perfect and works.

Only rust is on the center cut gate in the sheeted metal that goes across it and on it the rust is through and through in a few spots but the metal bars are fine. I did say no surface rust anywhere but there are a few real minor spots where the paint has came off like where the tarp ties to the bars and also the front panel where when haulining the towing vehicle kicks up rocks and such but it's real minor and can easily be sanded off and touched up. If I did not know it was an 88' I'd swear it was less than 2 years old and only been pulled a few times. I crawled up, on , under, and around the thing and just could not find a thing wrong with it.

I went ahead and bought it for $2900 cause I figured it would not last long at that price and I'd never seen a used one for sale in such good condition that folks were not asking an almost new price for.

So what ya' think. Good deal or not??

J

FWIW- I now have a decent 14 foot Neckover gooseneck stock trailer for sale. Newer tires, newer brakes, wiring all works, new tarp that has never been on it. The floor don't look pretty in it but I just had a 1800 pound bull along with a 1000 pound cow and 700 pound heifer in it just a few weeks ago to take to the sale barn and have never had an issue with it. $1600 firm.

Latest posts