good cell plans?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Who do you all have your cell plans with? What kind of plans are the best to get and why? Anyone ever try the prepaid plans that walmart sells? Any thoughts on the new Verizon now that they bought Alltel out? AND which phones are the best of the newer phones out there?

Thanks

GMN

I've been with (what is now) AT&T Wireless for 14 years. I get good coverage where I am and haven't changed phones in almost 5 years. Ordered a new battery a few months ago to replace the original for my phone after it wouldn't hold a charge more than a day. The battery didn't much like its second round thru the washing machine. Phone still works fine. 300 minute plan is $29.95/month. (No longer availabe as a new plan) Rarely use half of them anymore. I have call forwarding on the home phone so I forward all the land line calls to the cell (which has caller ID). ;-)

What is best? What I have is fine for me. Probably wouldn't cut it for a good many people.

We use net10. The phones are with different carriers but get about the same recption. Flat 10 cents a minute for everything, long distance, local, and roaming. Don;t know about the picture stuff or texting since we don;t do it. Both phones are LG200C available at radioshack but not walmart.

I've went thru our local telephone co-operative-Ne-Mont Telephone and Sagebrush Cellular- which provides beautiful service ( and back 10+ years ago when I was setting up our local 911 services was ages ahead of everyone in the state)...
But my daughter used Verizon for her mobile internet for work-- and has had nothing but pure problems- from their equipment not working- to their billing- and the local folks (who are only contracted dealers) can't handle any complaints- but when you try to contact anyone with Verizon to handle it- all you get is another computer- not a real person.....
And when she finally got a person- they didn't speak our form of English !!!!

I'm not a phone nut that needs all the newest gadgets as soon as they come out, so I don't keep up on what's new and hot. Actually didn't get a cell phone till about two years ago. Of course now I wouldn't want to do without one. ;-) Very convenient and great for emergencies, real or imagined. Don't really know all that much about the one I've got, except that the plan is with AT&T and the phone is a Motorola. Coverage is outstanding and haven't had any problems with the phone.

I have a sanyo tough phone and it is one tough phone. Can drive over it with a car and it still works...no screen but still works...Experience on that one
I have the basic plan provided by our what used to be government phone company and get good coverage. Hubby is with the same company but has a pre paid. It's an older phone and does the job.
I try to get a phone with as few gadgets as possible. If i want to play a game or take a picture, why would i use my phone? Oh wait, i did like to play tetrus on my phone, came with the phone, while waiting for hubby at part stores, or waiting for a cow to calve. Can't do that now....no screen

I used to have Sprint. It worked great everywhere, and the Sanyo phones seemed to get service even when I was in the middle of no where. I had Alltel before the merger, so now I have Verizon. I have a Blackberry now (needed it to get the plan I wanted) but if you don't want a phone with a lot of hassel I would not get a smart phone, they're pretty confusing.

go to straighttalk.com,i have the nation wide unlimited plan for 45.00 works great,you can sign up at walmart also

Latest posts