IwoJimaFlagRaising2.jpg

Iwo Jima...God Bless all the WWII soldiers

firemanraisingflagWTC.jpg

Remember 9/11

warzone_011.jpg

American Soldiers praying around one of their fallen brothers

reagan_soldier_crying.jpg

Prayer for Military Services
Lord, guard and guide the men who fly, and those who on the ocean ply. Be with our troops upon the land, and all who for their country stand. Protect these guardians day and night, and may their trust be in thy might. Amen.

Prayer for Troops
Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

A Soldier's Prayer
Lord Jesus, Mighty Warrior and Prince of Peace, all glory and power is yours. I offer myself and my military career for the welfare of our nation and for your glory.

You said "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"; make us mindful of our nation's heritage and of who we are. You said "Be strong and of good courage", this is my prayer. You said "A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength"; be my protection and my strength. While I defend the nation, may all of Heaven safeguard my family back home.

Almighty God, when you will to safely return me home, help me to see in each member of my family all that I am willing to fight for- life, liberty, freedom and justice. Give me wisdom to share what experiences would lead my sons to Christ-like valor, my daughters to Christian compassion. When Mary witnessed you falling wounded to the ground, she reaffirmed her trust in God her savior. Fill my spouse with surety in your divine plan for me, our family and our nation.

You called me to be a soldier. March along side me. Jesus, I place my trust in you. Amen.

I don't know if anybody will actually read this whole post...sorry it's so long but if you do read it...then please pray for our troops...they are the real American Heroes...and they dont get much credit anymore...but every night when im laying in bed...I cant help but to think about our soldiers...I pray for them every night...every day they go out to fight...it could be their last...and I think we should give them all the credit that they deserve...I sure respect and love them...because they are over there fighting for our freedom right now...and I believe they deserve a little more respect and love than a lot of Americans give them...

God Bless America and all of the Soldiers out there fighting for us

Take care everybody

:clap: :clap: :clap: God Bless all the troops out there defending our Great Nations, allies together we stand and fall alike no division, keep up the good work.

good post.

a soldiers saying from the Great War...'Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to do and die' least we forget.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

the remeberance poem by English poet Laurence Binyon.

My hat is off to the American troops, :clap: :clap: and, most of all, to the Canadian troops as well, who are doing a great job in the most volatile and dangerous part of Afghanistan. Did you know that most of the soldiers based over there are from the Princess Patricia, Cold Lake, and (I think) Wainwright Military Bases near Edmonton, Alberta? Pretty neat, eh? :D

"A soldier of sky, sea or land is one of the greatest heroes ever known to mankind!"

Yes, God Bless America, a great nation south of the border, and :heart: God Bless Canada, a great country in herself. :heart:

A great post, and a big THANK YOU, and a salute to a good man, Heritage-Farmboy, who fought as a soldier himself.

Thank you, sir

Karin

chrisy":425ea76g said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: God Bless all the troops out there defending our Great Nations, allies together we stand and fall alike no division, keep up the good work.

good post.

a soldiers saying from the Great War...'Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to do and die' least we forget.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

the remeberance poem by English poet Laurence Binyon.

:) I like that remeberance poem....and its true... I remember and pray for them every night when the sun goes down and I remember them when I wake up...because of them...I can wake up and be free...because all of the soldier are keeping peace over there in the Middle Eastern countries...so the rest of us can be safe here in our own countries

IluvABbeef":2icrw3oo said:
My hat is off to the American troops, :clap: :clap: and, most of all, to the Canadian troops as well, who are doing a great job in the most volatile and dangerous part of Afghanistan. Did you know that most of the soldiers based over there are from the Princess Patricia, Cold Lake, and (I think) Wainwright Military Bases near Edmonton, Alberta? Pretty neat, eh? :D

"A soldier of sky, sea or land is one of the greatest heroes ever known to mankind!"

Yes, God Bless America, a great nation south of the border, and :heart: God Bless Canada, a great country in herself. :heart:

A great post, and a big THANK YOU, and a salute to a good man, Heritage-Farmboy, who fought as a soldier himself.

Thank you, sir

Karin

on my first trip to Vietnam...there was actually some Canadians that joined the US military in New York and they were shipping out with us...while some of our men were fleeing up north to Canada because they didn't want any part in the war...some Canadians were coming down to the US just to help us out :) ...that made me really respect them...I was glad to fight beside somebody that would leave a country, that was trying to stay neutral in the war, to come help us out :)

Take care :)

Heritage_Farmboy":1ae16dbe said:
IluvABbeef":1ae16dbe said:

Thank you, sir

Karin

on my first trip to Vietnam...there was actually some Canadians that joined the US military in New York and they were shipping out with us...while some of our men were fleeing up north to Canada because they didn't want any part in the war...some Canadians were coming down to the US just to help us out :) ...that made me really respect them...I was glad to fight beside somebody that would leave a country, that was trying to stay neutral in the war, to come help us out :)

Take care :)

I didn't know about that part of the Vietnam war; you learn something everyday!
I have quite a few ancestors who fought in wars in the past, both on my dad's side and mom's side. There was an ancestor that died in action in WW1 in France on mom's side, and my mom's mother was part of CWAC in WW2. Dad knows a few WW2 veterans, and HE has a strong interest in military aircraft (WW1 to present) and is part of the Barrhead Air Cadet Squadron. On his side of the family, there's history of some of his kin being in the calvary (around WW1). There's a lot of war history from my ancestors and I'm still finding out more.

Have a good day

Latest posts