Get this kid off me! LOL

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I had to snap a picture of this cow today. She just looked to me that her posture was saying get this kid off me please! LOL. She is a Final Answer daughter. Calf as I'm sure you guessed is out of Hereford D.O.B. 3-24-14. B&G. I just thought it was funny.

Our cows have all been saying that!.. Tomorrow their wish will come true!... Shipping 15 of 23... Average prices here are about $2.40 and pretty similar for 300-600 lb'ers, figure mine will average 5 and change

Yep, I know that look. That's when I wean mine! Not by the stars, not by the month, not by anything other than that look! :lol:
That look that says, "I am so over this already"!

Good morning everyone! Yeah, I'll be weaning 30 hopefully this week or next. 11 Steers 19 Heifers. I'd say that calf is about the average for the steers weight wise and bout in the middle age wise. About the bawling they still bawl LOL. In fact this cow last year would get positioned just right so her calf could nurse a little through the fence. I think I got that spot fixed over the weekend. I included a random pic of the calves/cattle and a pic of my corral fixing machine. Enjoy. B&G

9081-4A70-B4C7-78755317DBF4_zpsf5plyeom.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

wbvs58":3jyxmu8g said:
So when you take the calves off are they happy, no bellowing?
Ken
Pretty much. I have very little fuss, if any, at weaning Ken. I fence line wean in a pasture the calves are already use to. Never even have them hang around the fence much.

TennesseeTuxedo":2i82eiu6 said:
I like your cattle and your fence fixing rig B&G. Is that cherry or strawberry Kool-Aid you're spraying?

Tux, LOL that's Milestone with red dye! I have to have that dye so I don't forget where I sprayed. I wonder if the stuff in that cooler could have anything to do with that! LOL B&G :drink:

Your cattle look great. This year mine had that look with calves about half that size and didn't hold up as good as she did. :lol: I'd be happy to have calves like that at weaning time in any year.

Latest posts