Georgia Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

I stated before that I use Caterpillar boots. I was about to buy another pair that saw on sale and saw (China). I would have sworn the last two pair I bought said made in the USA. At any rate I have had very good success with them. The steel toes have saved me more than once. Guess not much is made here any more other than the beef in my freezer and the stuff I make myself.

flaboy":1z4wih8o said:
I stated before that I use Caterpillar boots. I was about to buy another pair that saw on sale and saw (China). I would have sworn the last two pair I bought said made in the USA. At any rate I have had very good success with them. The steel toes have saved me more than once. Guess not much is made here any more other than the beef in my freezer and the stuff I make myself.

I'ld almost bet that unless it's made from stuff you grow on the farm that some of the materials you use to make stuff yourself comes from somewhere other then the US

dun

dun":1n4h8i5o said:
flaboy":1n4h8i5o said:

I'ld almost bet that unless it's made from stuff you grow on the farm that some of the materials you use to make stuff yourself comes from somewhere other then the US

dun

Oh I'm sure you are right. I do a lot of metal manipulating and I am sure most of the metal comes from off shore. I do try to buy USA products but I won't pay twice as much for equal or lower quality products. I'm not that much of a fanatic.

Crowderfarms":3s0e72g6 said:
Yep, Specially those Chinese nails.That are driven by an Indian Hammer.And the safety glasses made in Taiwan.

Well, my hammer is made in the USA but it does drive Chinese nails and my safety glasses are made in Taiwan. ;-)

flaboy":1lisjaa1 said:
Crowderfarms":1lisjaa1 said:
Yep, Specially those Chinese nails.That are driven by an Indian Hammer.And the safety glasses made in Taiwan.

Well, my hammer is made in the USA but it does drive Chinese nails and my safety glasses are made in Taiwan. ;-)

My preferred hammer doesn;t say where it was made. But after 40 some years I figure it's held up well enough that it doesn;t matter. No idea were the replacment handles that have been on it came from though.

dun

flaboy":2149p149 said:
Crowderfarms":2149p149 said:

I've got an (made in USA) Estwing framing hammer that I treat like a favorite Gun. I have no idea how old it is. Bought it used almost 20 yrs. ago.

Crowderfarms":3cg7whye said:
flaboy":3cg7whye said:
Crowderfarms":3cg7whye said:

I've got an (made in USA) Estwing framing hammer that I treat like a favorite Gun. I have no idea how old it is. Bought it used almost 20 yrs. ago.

Yep, got two of those hammers. One is more than 30 years old handed down and built my house. The second I bought because I liked the old so much. I have had folks say they didn't know they put steel handles in hammers that old but I guess they did. Actually now thinking about it I have three. Two claw hammers and one framing. I forgot I bought the framing hammer when I started building my house. GOOD hammers! I never found a shovel that fit me though. ;-)

A good shovel will cost you about 35.00 or more. Problem with shovels for me is the handles.I wont ever own another fiberglass handled one, and the Ash handles, are'nt what they used to be. Not much out there built like the old stuff.

Crowderfarms":2y4euhsa said:
A good shovel will cost you about 35.00 or more. Problem with shovels for me is the handles.I wont ever own another fiberglass handled one, and the Ash handles, are'nt what they used to be. Not much out there built like the old stuff.

I classify shovels as and expendible. Seems like the blades break before the handles. But rocks have a tendency to do that.

dun

dun":1dzs7upw said:
Crowderfarms":1dzs7upw said:

I classify shovels as and expendible. Seems like the blades break before the handles. But rocks have a tendency to do that.

dun

Shovel's run about $6.10/hour down here. Minimum wage. :lol:

flaboy":34dr17gt said:
dun":34dr17gt said:
Crowderfarms":34dr17gt said:

dun

Shovel's run about $6.10/hour down here. Minimum wage. :lol:

We used to pay 2 bucks a day but got in hot water with the neighbors for overpaying.

dun

I figure that if I break a shovel I must be working too hard and need to take a break in the shade with a cool one. So I always buy the cheapest shovel available so I get more breaks.
Dave

ollie":200kn5br said:
Here is what I am buying next. I have never worn out a soul from redwing but the upper that used to go with this soul was a one piece toe. They always cracked at the bend of my foot. I switched to the white soled boot with the two piece leather "top stitched" and never had a problem with the leather but wore the sole out. Now they have this boot I think all my problems will be solved. I never wear a insulated boot , they make my feet cold.
http://www.redwingshoe.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=403
Well I went yesterday and got these new boots. They seem to be well made. They are comfortable. I dont know if I like the big speed lace loops . I made it on the others (kind of) till yesterday. Had to sew them up once more. :D If it had been wet I couldn't have made it this long. It just got to be a challenge but they got so bad they were hurting my image (which is pretty hard to hurt). The lady at the shoe store was looking for the size after not believing I wore a 9 1/2 2E . She held the boot by a lace and examined with a pencil. :D Might have went a day or two too long. I have been A.I.ing some cows so all you A.I. techs know what was on them and what they smelled like. I don't really blame her. These were 25 dollars or so cheaper than the last pair I bought . I guess the canvas part cheapens them up some. I'll let you know in a year or so how they did.

Scotty":2lpn2rf3 said:
Justins, made in Justin TX. Bought at the factory.

Scotty

FYI:

Sorry...Justin Boots aren't made in Justin, TX. (I grew up there)...unless they have reloacted to Justin in last few years. They're made in another town. The "Justin" name is the founder's name, "John Justin."

Running Arrow Bill":2h8stq3u said:
Scotty":2h8stq3u said:

Scotty

FYI:

Sorry...Justin Boots aren't made in Justin, TX. (I grew up there)...unless they have reloacted to Justin in last few years. They're made in another town. The "Justin" name is the founder's name, "John Justin."

Thought they were made in Nocona, Texas

Caustic Burno":2wl5cbw7 said:
Running Arrow Bill":2wl5cbw7 said:
Scotty":2wl5cbw7 said:

Scotty

FYI:

Thought they were made in Nocona, Texas
You are partially correct Caustic. Justin Boots were, at one time made in Nocona, Tx. But are now made in Fort Worth, Tx. The company is now mostly owned by Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway.

i got a pair of Ariat Cobalt Lacers recently, meaning oct '04, and they have been great. rubber soled, lace up. a little stiff at first. wore them as work boots for about 6 months or so to loosen them up and now they are my good boots. they are comfortable now.

I have tried the Caterpilar boots but I went thru them pretty quick, so invested in a pair of Redwings... I could not get them broke in and they killed my feet. Kept taking them back and they oiled, stretched, added all kinds of things but still were the most uncomfortable thing I ever put on my feet, so gave the darn things away. Got a pair of the Georgia ranch boots this summer and really like them,sorry to hear they are not US made. Bummer.

Latest posts