Georgia Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.

Reaction score
Well, I went to the local Western wear store to purchase a new pair of work boots to replace my well worn, cracked, leaking, treadless ones. I always buy Georgia Boots and discovered as I was looking 'em over here at the house that GEORGIA Boots are CHINESE BOOTS!!!!!!

Just bought a new pair of Mud Dogs Sunday, If I'd known they were made in China, I'd of bought another brand. I just looked in my Ga. Boots, and sure enough, Chinese. First off in the literature, it's made to look like it's a product of USA, with a Pa. address.

Scotty":1lx20583 said:
Justins, made in Justin TX. Bought at the factory.

Scotty
I'll probably be buying Justins from here on in. GEORGIA boots with a PENNSYLVANIA address made in CHINA! It's unreal!!

Justin boots for farming and Rockies for hunting. I swear Rockies are the most waterproof hunitng boot Ive ever worn. I walked up a creek in them and my feet were as dry as a powder horn. I wonder if the new Rocky Ropers are any count?

my georgia boots are the most comfortable ones i've ever owned. i will continue to buy them.

I use Caterpillar boots for work. I use the steel toe and they last me a long time and I don't take care of them. I use Justin for the gals. :lol:

flaboy":2i9mbvl0 said:
I use Caterpillar boots for work. I use the steel toe and they last me a long time and I don't take care of them. I use Justin for the gals. :lol:
I was buying only Wolverine Durashocks, but cant get them to last more than 8-9 months. The Ga. boots I bought the other day were the first of that brand I bought in many years. You would think with the name Georgia boots, that your buying a product of the USA, and of the South. Guess again. They need to "Brand" the country of origin in a big letter on the outside of the box.

Crowderfarms":3q0b2nbo said:
flaboy":3q0b2nbo said:
I was buying only Wolverine Durashocks, but cant get them to last more than 8-9 months. The Ga. boots I bought the other day were the first of that brand I bought in many years. You would think with the name Georgia boots, that your buying a product of the USA, and of the South. Guess again. They need to "Brand" the country of origin in a big letter on the outside of the box.

You got that right. I went into a Ga Boot store in Ga. Looked at the "made in " lable and turned around and left. Wasn't in there 2 minutes. I never had any luck with Wolverine either. I think the Deere boots are made in China or somewhere over there also.

I wear Red Wings. As far as I know they are still made here. Best boots on the market. I get a year out of them.

ollie":e9uda3k0 said:
I wear Red Wings. As far as I know they are still made here. Best boots on the market. I get a year out of them.
Ollie, you are correct. A friend of mine that sells industrial sewing equipment just told me that.

Red Wing Boots, made in Red Wing, MN....just down the road from me. Great boots!

I have the the Georgia Ranch/Farm Roper. Great boot. I was told that Georgia boot has a chemical placed on it called Ag something or another or barnyard something that pevents corrosion form mud and manure and oil and other things I guess that are around the farm. I figured it is to prevent them from getting dried up and start cracking.

I would rather go barefoot than wear a red chinese boot.

Has anybody owned a pair of those Muck Boots? Id like to try them for farm work and hunting

Justin Ranchers boot is my favorite-wear them all the time and can't wear them out. Those Muck boots are awesome. I'm on my second pair-they keep your feet warm and dry in the winter. My first pair started coming apart at the seams and leaking and I took them back to the feed store where I bought them and since I had only had them ten months they gave me another pair. This second pair I've had almost two years.

This is a good thread. I just finished off my wolverine dura shocks. Was keeping the sole on with red silicone. But it just won't hold anymore. I think I'm after a pair of red wing pull on's this round.
Like ollie, I try to get a whole year out of them. All day every day wears on them pretty hard.

Hubby has to have steel toed metatarsels for the steel mill. He will only buy redwings.

My year is up 8/28/05. Had to sew the sole back on last week with some sort of fishing line type stretchy rubber that my daughters got in some craft deal and a big prolapse type needle. I think I am going to make it.