GB we are fixin to dry out

Help Support CattleToday:

the reason for that is because alot of lakes are real low.plus the rain isnt falling in the areas that will fill the lakes full.

Brute 23":4p9jqcjo said:
greybeard":4p9jqcjo said:
It better stop soon---the rest of the state is liable to disown us and claim we're really part of Louisianna...

I thought east of Houston was pretty much LA. Kind of like south of San Antonio might as well be Mexico. :hide:

3/4 - 1" so far today. Stopped for the moment.
Brute there's still a few good americans south of SA like yourself. Now that area where CB and GB "reside" I really don't know what they refer to those folks as anymore. A lot of Louisiana natives went through there after Rita and Katrina....cajuns, creole, PWT and some others. Those "residents" are a real mess with a very bushy and misshapen family tree. :mrgreen:

bigbull338":4he39tk1 said:
the reason for that is because alot of lakes are real low.plus the rain isnt falling in the areas that will fill the lakes full.
Gotta fill up one lake before you can start filling up the next....and so much of the water in those lakes has been sold to municipalities so they can't just sit on it...they have to let it go down stream. No idea how many lakes are on the Brazos and the Trinity and how many municipalities get water from them. All runoff usually ends up in a creek that leads to a river that leads to a lake.

3.5" as of this morning when I left the house and still raining. Getting some good run off. Most tanks are running over. We have two big tanks on a lease place that this will help a lot.

Been a while since I have seen water flowing through all the low spots in the pastures like this.

Mine has nowhere left to run off to. River is on it's way up--may not be more than 24-48 more hours before it starts back flowing on to my property and backing everything up even more. At least it isn't cold or frozen rain.
7 lakes on the Trinity that I know of if you count the forks north, east and west of DFW--that don't count the salt water exclusion dams/locks between Trinity Bay and Liberty.

greybeard":jj62ukng said:
Mine has nowhere left to run off to. River is on it's way up--may not be more than 24-48 more hours before it starts back flowing on to my property and backing everything up even more. At least it isn't cold or frozen rain.
7 lakes on the Trinity that I know of if you count the forks north, east and west of DFW--that don't count the salt water exclusion dams/locks between Trinity Bay and Liberty.
I knew there were a lot but no idea how many.

TexasBred":168pzwd6 said:
greybeard":168pzwd6 said:
I knew there were a lot but no idea how many.

They are talking about more from Crockett north on the Trinity.

Along with dam A up the Neches Dam B was built first below the forks of the Angelina and Neches.
There were three in the initial study Dam A,B and C.

i can look out in the pastures and theres water in all the low spots.plus alot of the branches are running real good.

Caustic Burno":2njfpj4e said:
Along with dam A up the Neches Dam B was built first below the forks of the Angelina and Neches.

CB I have heard of "Dam B" most of my adult life and never knew what it meant...only that a lot of folks fished there.

TexasBred":27zhw9v5 said:
Caustic Burno":27zhw9v5 said:

CB I have heard of "Dam B" most of my adult life and never knew what it meant...only that a lot of folks fished there.

They were all part of the rural electrification act.
The dam they are talking about on the Trinity now is for electricity as well as the one up the Neches.
The real sin and it should have been illegal in the first place Lake Livingston was built with no generators.

Good stars in heaven the bottom has fell out.
Raining so hard here right now woke me up with R-30 insulation in the ceiling.
It has to be coming down like pouring it out of a bucket to hear it in the Mrs. house.

River was already coming under the fence, and now------Started raining again here about sundown--ain't stopped since.

GB you haven't floated off yet?
Can't even go hog hunting here without a snorkel and fins.
I actually seen a pair of wood ducks walking along the ditch on the county road today

Latest posts