GB we are fixin to dry out

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
We only have rain forecast for five of the next ten days.
Never seen a winter this wet, sure would be nice to reschedule
some of this in July and August.

Caustic Burno":2kw751i4 said:

I know that's right!

ive seen a winter this wet or wetter.thats why we bought 4wd drive tractors.hoping we get a week or so of warm weather without rain.

Wish that you could send some of it our way!
Sunny and 80 here this weekend. We are going to be hurting for water this summer.

Sure would like to send you some of the rain that we are getting and more coming all next week. Cloudy and cold here in Middle GA. Down to 33 tonight. Plum trees, Japanese magnolias, and many other trees and flowers are in bloom. We had several days of springlike weather last week , then rain and more cold.
I cannot complain after seeing what some of you are going through. Just wish we could reschedule some of this rain for July and August.
We rode to see the river this morning after checking calves and I can never remember seeing it so far out of its banks.
It will get better soon.

branguscowgirl":3v8800mi said:
Wish that you could send some of it our way!
Sunny and 80 here this weekend. We are going to be hurting for water this summer.

Right there with you. Every lake in the area is tragically low.

Good news. I looked at some snags and old dead trees on the ground I need to get cut up and piled, and about time to rough break my garden but that will need more drying out than a week. I looked close at the pastures--bahia was starting to stick up little green shoots--just needs some warmth and sunshine. Time to spot spray thistles too.

Caustic Burno":2mjbbrxf said:
Oh well, it's like sex--sometimes just a promise of it is good enough.
Sunday 100% Precip. / 0.56 in
Cloudy with periods of rain. High 53F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Sunday Night 100% Precip. / 1.05 in
Cloudy with periods of rain. Low 47F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch.

Monday 100% Precip. / 1.95 in
Periods of rain. Rain becoming heavy at times in the afternoon. High 56F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.

Monday Night 100% Precip. / 0.33 in
A steady rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 49F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Tuesday 50% Precip. / 0.06 in
Overcast with rain showers at times. High 63F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Tuesday Night 20% Precip. / 0 in
Areas of fog. Low 48F. Winds light and variable.

Wednesday 20% Precip. / 0 in
Overcast. High 67F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday Night 60% Precip. / 0.17 in
Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers late. Low around 50F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Thursday 10% Precip. / 0 in
Cloudy. High 69F. Winds light and variable.

Thursday Night 10% Precip. / 0 in
Partly cloudy skies. Low 51F. Winds light and variable.

Friday 10% Precip. / 0 in
Mostly sunny skies. High 71F. Winds light and variable.

Friday Night 50% Precip. / 0.06 in
Partly cloudy skies early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later at night. Low 51F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday 50% Precip. / 0.05 in
Rain showers early with some sunshine later in the day. High 72F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday Night 20% Precip. / 0 in
Partly cloudy. Low around 50F. Winds light and variable.

Sunday
precip. / 0 in
Mostly sunny skies. High 72F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Water still standing here and good chance for more Sunday and Monday. Guess I'll have to hook the trailer up to the tractor cause my pickup can't get in or out of the pasture, and I have to load two cows Monday morning. Tank is about 2' low and the lake is still around 9'. I ain't gonna complain tho because the water situation is not back to normal yet.

kenny thomas":1cl908qp said:
Where is vette with his drought maps. It still shows much of TX in a drought.
:lol: been slacking..... I see Caustic picked it up.

Don't think we collected an inch in February or maybe it just evaporated as fast as it came down. It's been cloudy and damp for weeks but not much rainfall. Staying sticky enough to keep corn planting at bay.

Mud doesn't bother me much either, but that wet and cold is hard on new calves and mommas as well.
(hard on me too) :|

greybeard":3ouw1e4c said:
Mud doesn't bother me much either, but that wet and cold is hard on new calves and mommas as well.

I can't see you or Caustic drying out for a while. The rain I'm getting right now both of you will get in the next 3 hours and there's more coming. GB, it's one of those days I would like to be holed up in one of those cabins at Chain O' Lakes watching the alligators.

James T":2cqnp0xz said:
greybeard":2cqnp0xz said:

I can't see you or Caustic drying out for a while. The rain I'm getting right now both of you will get in the next 3 hours and there's more coming. GB, it's one of those days I would like to be holed up in one of those cabins at Chain O' Lakes watching the alligators.

It is raining here in Biblical proportions right now.
The thing that is hard to grasp is we about to drown this winter
and the majority of the state is still in drought.

Brute 23":2ju4x8xv said:
greybeard":2ju4x8xv said:
It better stop soon---the rest of the state is liable to disown us and claim we're really part of Louisianna...

I thought east of Houston was pretty much LA. Kind of like south of San Antonio might as well be Mexico. :hide:

3/4 - 1" so far today. Stopped for the moment.

1.75 inches since midnight as my rain gauge resets then, haven't looked at what we have got for 24
but by the looks of things around 4 to 5.

Well La. did flush most of their trash over here after Katrina.
That is the border we need to seal off. That bunch was nothing but thieves, and dope heads.
You can bet after the last screwing we took we won't open up like last time, let them fend for themselves.
Just like we did in Rita and Ike.

Latest posts