Gasoline in cloths

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Spent the day helping my neighbor work on our tractor. Got a ton of gas on myself. Don't even ask how or why. :oops: Washed my cloths 2 times and the smell is still there. Any ideas on how to get it out?

MistyMorning":32p5p2s5 said:
Spent the day helping my neighbor work on our tractor. Got a ton of gas on myself. Don't even ask how or why. :oops: Washed my cloths 2 times and the smell is still there. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Chase a skunk. :lol:

The wife uses Goop Hand Cleaner. She just grabs a handfull and throws it on top of the clothes in the washer.

MistyMorning":ayayucdi said:

Try leaving them outside in the sun and fresh air for a day or two.
Then when you wash them put some baking soda in the wash.

MikeC":1x4krd15 said:

The wife uses Goop Hand Cleaner. She just grabs a handfull and throws it on top of the clothes in the washer.

Thanks for skunk chasing idea. No shortage of skunks around this year, we must have had a bumber crop, because I am always chasing one of our dogs down with the hose and some homemade skunk remover brew. :roll: Thanks all for the ideas I will start with the goop and work my way down the list ;-)

Simple Green in a large can or bucket with water. Wash them by hand and wring them out. It also works great for hydraulic fluid when your in the middle of nowhere working under a tractor. Hopefully you wore underwear that day. (I didn't)

backhoeboogie":3edvqiv5 said:
Hopefully you wore underwear that day. (I didn't)

To much information bhb. For the record it as a mite chilly, does long underwear count? P.S. Thanks for the tip and I just might think your name is the coolest again ;-)

backhoeboogie":2usutjc3 said:
Simple Green in a large can or bucket with water. Wash them by hand and wring them out. It also works great for hydraulic fluid when your in the middle of nowhere working under a tractor. Hopefully you wore underwear that day. (I didn't)

:shock: Way too much information, bhb! :lol: :lol:

MistyMorning":1mv5bz9e said:

I would try soaking them in a solution of 1 part vinegar or ammonia to 2 or 3 parts water, then washing again.

msscamp":29l5jhpp said:
:shock: Way too much information, bhb! :lol: :lol:

Sorry folks. When it is well over 100 degrees, you do all you can in the way of comfort. Sweat soak underclothes before 9 a.m. are bad news for the rest of the day. The cows didn't seem offended any :lol: :lol:

MistyMorning":231lr3fh said:

Some folks will do just about anything to get someone to take their clothes off. Gasoline never entered my mind though.

I would try a match held closely to the aforementioned articles of clothing.

flaboy":26c01s6r said:

Thanks so much for that little gem :roll: We are back at it again today. I really don't care about the cloths anymore, I just want the thing running :x

MistyMorning":3dw9ayob said:
flaboy":3dw9ayob said:

Thanks so much for that little gem :roll: We are back at it again today. I really don't care about the cloths anymore, I just want the thing running :x

Yo. Flaboy, guru - I know where you mind just went. Minnesota is a very long way off dude. (I just did a mileage check)

backhoeboogie":k18givrw said:
Yo. Flaboy, guru - I know where you mind just went. Minnesota is a very long way off dude. (I just did a mileage check)

Ha! See! you got it wrong. My mind stays there. :lol:

flaboy":3dpy6zb2 said:
backhoeboogie":3dpy6zb2 said:

Ha! See! you got it wrong. My mind stays there. :lol:

Get your minds out of the gutter boys. We got it running! Sounds like a kitten laying in the sun :D

MistyMorning":3ufkzyzz said:
MikeC":3ufkzyzz said:

Thanks for skunk chasing idea. No shortage of skunks around this year, we must have had a bumber crop, because I am always chasing one of our dogs down with the hose and some homemade skunk remover brew. :roll: Thanks all for the ideas I will start with the goop and work my way down the list ;-)

The Goop hand cleaner works great on dogs who get skunked.

The lemon goop smells great on 'em.

Latest posts