Gasoline ...Fuel pumps

Help Support CattleToday:

Banjo

Reaction score
Is there anything to put in the gas to help lubricate the fuel pump ....similiar to what we put in diesel fuel to lubricate the injector pump?

Atimm693 said:
Transfor pump or fuel pump for the engine?

Fuel pump for the engine....usually sets in or near the gas tank in most newer models

Banjo said:
Atimm693 said:

Fuel pump for the engine....usually sets in or near the gas tank in most newer models

Nothing that will extend their life more than it already is. They last a pretty good while.

Fuel keeps them cool, so running them continually with less than 1/4 tank (the 10 dollar fillup) will cook them. Get a full tank, and top off before it gets below 1/4.

Atimm693 said:
Banjo said:
Atimm693 said:

Nothing that will extend their life more than it already is. They last a pretty good while.

Fuel keeps them cool, so running them continually with less than 1/4 tank (the 10 dollar fillup) will cook them. Get a full tank, and top off before it gets below 1/4.

Exactly what my mechanic told me, never go below a ¼ tank. Or as my pilot friend told me, never go below ½ a tank!

I think if you're a smart person, replacing them every 100K is a good idea, just like timing belts, etc...
Of course I dont' qualify as a smart person, I'll run it til it quits!

Nesikep said:
I think if you're a smart person, replacing them every 100K is a good idea, just like timing belts, etc...

Yes. However with this no lead gas and ethanol i wondering how much lubrication it gets or if its needed.
I replaced a water pump in my jeep liberty awhile back simply because i needed a new radiator and it has around 150k miles.
it seems like some parts seem to go bad around 150k miles.
Lol..yes to the first part.

Banjo said:
Nesikep said:

Yes. However with this no lead gas and ethanol i wondering how much lubrication it gets or if its needed.
I replaced a water pump in my jeep liberty awhile back simply because i needed a new radiator and it has around 150k miles.
Usually it's the brushes of the motor that wear out, not the bearings or pump vanes.. I don't think any additive would help much, and there's always the risk it clogs catalytic convertors, etc, which are far more expensive to replace

Nesikep said:
Banjo said:
Nesikep said:

Usually it's the brushes of the motor that wear out, not the bearings or pump vanes.. I don't think any additive would help much, and there's always the risk it clogs catalytic convertors, etc, which are far more expensive to replace
Off subject and speaking of brushes. i can't get over how these brushless power tools have so much power. i got a 20v Dewalt cordless drill about a year ago and will almost take me with it if I don't have a good grip. A friend of mine got the exact same drill except with brushes and said the brushless was more powerful....maybe just coincidence.

the brushless tools are actually 3 phase powered, and yeah, they are strong.
I have an old Makita 18V Lithium drill, got them when they first came out... even in high range you can grip the chuck as hard as you want, it'll burn your hand, and it handles 1/2" bits in steel

Nesikep said:
the brushless tools are actually 3 phase powered, and yeah, they are strong.
I have an old Makita 18V Lithium drill, got them when they first came out... even in high range you can grip the chuck as hard as you want, it'll burn your hand, and it handles 1/2" bits in steel

Yeah, hybrid cars are the same way. High voltage 3 phase A/C, any wire in orange conduit is high voltage and has the capability to fry you.

I have a Milwuakee brushless 3/8 impact, it will break stuff if you aren't careful.

A lot of these new drill will spin you around like a top if you don't have a good footing, just like the old 50lb all metal gear reduction monsters of yesteryear.

Latest posts