Gas Prices Dropping

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Gas Prices been dropping around her, down to $2.47 almost a 20 cent drop at one station in less than two weeks.

Hope it keeps up!

But weird thing is ever since BP incident we been seeing lower prices slowly coming down instead of up.

Go figure!

marimus":1h1kfj71 said:
Here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, we had about a 15cent drop over the same period.

What was the BP incident?

They had to shut down one of the oil pipelines in Alaska because of leaks or Rust or something.

aplusmnt":2phrghnl said:
marimus":2phrghnl said:
Here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, we had about a 15cent drop over the same period.

They had to shut down one of the oil pipelines in Alaska because of leaks or Rust or something.

BP has other problems also. They have been charged with cornering the market on propane and gouging.

Some employees have pled guilty and will testify against BP.

I think we should run their butts out of the USA.

About time to blame Bush huh, Clinton destoyed the American oil industry along with 40,000 good paying jobs.

When you get ready to buy a gallon of fuel today hard to find an American company.

Prices are dropping is because gasoline inventories are rising.
We do not have an oil shortage we have a refinery shortage due to the EPA.

Diesel is going to continue strong as many refiners are opting out not to produce the EPA ultra low sulphur.
I wouldn't either when I can sell it to China or India for a few cents less and didn't have to sink hundreds of millions into new units to make EPA specs.
The EPA created a lot of the 2006 shortage as this shutdown a lot of gasoline imports to this country as the overseas operations opted not to spend the money to meet EPA specs.
Today we have to make 150 grades of gasoline to meet EPA standards across the country.

Gas is down about 30 cents a gallon here. Paid $2.52 yesterday, down from the $2.85 two weeks ago. Why? Mid Term elections. No refineries have been built, BP still says their production will be shut down, hurricane season is still going on, heating oil season is near, the Middle East is still in turmoil, yet gas prices are dropping like a rock. Every reason "they" have given us for high gasoline prices is still present. There has never been any reason for prices to be as high as they are and as the election comes closer, the big oil companies see that their bought and paid for politicans are in danger of losing their seats of power. So they'll drop prices until after the election. After the election, if they're still in charge, you can bet the price gouging will start again.

marimus":27hk8kje said:

They announced they were stopping production in their Alaska facility. In spite of their huge profits the last few years, they had not maintained their facility. They didn't do the inspections required by law and good sense and let their equipment fall apart. Under closer investigation, they say they can probably keep production at about 50%.

Frankie":3buxvluh said:
Gas is down about 30 cents a gallon here. Paid $2.52 yesterday, down from the $2.85 two weeks ago. Why? Mid Term elections. No refineries have been built, BP still says their production will be shut down, hurricane season is still going on, heating oil season is near, the Middle East is still in turmoil, yet gas prices are dropping like a rock. Every reason "they" have given us for high gasoline prices is still present. There has never been any reason for prices to be as high as they are and as the election comes closer, the big oil companies see that their bought and paid for politicans are in danger of losing their seats of power. So they'll drop prices until after the election. After the election, if they're still in charge, you can bet the price gouging will start again.

Frankie, I believe you are right on the money except for one thing. It doesn't matter who's in charge. If a bunch of new people were elected, the oil companies would simply line most of their pockets, too, and it would be business as usual. They do want to see the ones they've already got in their pockets stay in power, though.

Frankie":f81yd47e said:

Frankie as smart as you are you can really put on blinders.
For one several gulf coast refineries have completed repairs and up and running since the the hurricanes and nearing capacity since Katrina and Rita.
And they are some still not all up from the hurricane's last year.

Frankie":2fur15q6 said:
marimus":2fur15q6 said:

They announced they were stopping production in their Alaska facility. In spite of their huge profits the last few years, they had not maintained their facility. They didn't do the inspections required by law and good sense and let their equipment fall apart. Under closer investigation, they say they can probably keep production at about 50%.

Again the blinders as most of Alaskian oil does not even come to the United States its bound for Japan. The Japanese where ten times more terrified of the spigot gettin turned off.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_m ... mbbl_m.htm

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 220102.htm

Camp any news of progress with the AZ refinery?

I am just glad it is going down and not up.

But no matter what I am preparing for future gas locked at $3.00 and $4.00 per gallon within 5 years. That is my business plan, I am bidding jobs and scouting future automobiles based on these projections.

Once the crap hits the fan in Iran, and it will. Who knows how bad it can get.

I hate little cars, but I am going to make sure at least one sits in my possession for the future. Fortunately this is hitting about the same time I am ready to replace a couple automobiles.

Have you noticed how much the increased cost of items and or work is based/blamed on the high cost of fuel? I suspect many times that the price increase has a pretty good sized profit increase added in as well. I wonder if the cost of products will go down in price due to the fuel prices dropping.

Latest posts