Reaction score
Does anyone have calves from structure or L309? Looking for
a angus bull with calving ease,muscular and a bull that has
excellant replacements.

bobby":332d5wnq said:
Does anyone have calves from structure or L309? Looking for
a angus bull with calving ease,muscular and a bull that has
excellant replacements.

I'm not sure I'd call Structure a calving ease bull. Though his BW EPD is OK, his sire is almost a 5 and you go back to his sire, TC Rancher, you get an 8.5 BW EPD. Structure's accuracies are still at .85, too, meaning he's not been widely used in the industry. Never heard of L309. Does he have another name?

My buddy has some young structure calves and he is pretty impressed with them so far. Don't know the other bull. He didn't pull any of the structures, 70-80 lb calves. Good luck.

Special Design L309 is not a calving ease bull at all. I have one heifer by him and she is by far the best bred heifer on the place, but not calving ease.

100_1200.jpg

This is a L309 heifer she is a great calf I don't know about their milking ability yet I tried to bred her mother to G13 this year I know his offspring excel in the showring other than that know not much about him

He wasn't designed for show. He is an 878xN Bar Primrose (EXT's mother). His mature pic shows a good butt and length. I'm not a fan of 878, but he is a very good performance type bull.

Guess if you like corns and crossed toes and cattle that get worse over time L309 is a good choice!