G 13 Structure

Help Support CattleToday:

cleland

Reaction score
Has anyone used this bull. I got a sale catalog from pollard farms in oklahoma, and he was a reference sire. His numbers are .8 68 and 111 for bw ww and yy. I thought that these were excellent across the board. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with live calves from him.

If I remember right one comment I heard is that some of his calves may not shed out as quickly in the Spring as others, which can be a problem especially for Southern producers; especially if on fescue.

To my knowledge his calves are well balanced, very thick and have good leg under them. Many of his daughters have been bred to Hoff First Edition 058 242 and the calves have been pretty much as I described, Over all they are very correct and grow well from birth to weaning and weaning to yearling. and several calves have been successful in the show ring. They are the type of calves that will top sales at weaning or as yearlings.

He is Quirk's main herd sire - I went to the sale and saw his calves in volume. For the most part they had good bone and muscle. I liked them enough to buy lot 1. They were pretty uniform from top to bottom. His sons were in the QLC champion pen of three at the 2005 NWSS.

Latest posts