Fuel Additive

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselclean

i didn't run it in this tank and i can tell a difference .. i'm using more fuel w/o it

sim.-ang.king":25ny3i6y said:
Kerosene in the winter time, and a good fuel dealer in the summer time.
X2, and Ron what you been drinking to ask about diesel additive at 6:25 am in 95 degree weather. Getting ready huh?

I'm not big on Lucas stuff. I use howes meaner cleaner and I think it actually makes my fuel mileage enough better that it pays for itself.

ddd75":uav107jp said:
dieselclean

i didn't run it in this tank and i can tell a difference .. i'm using more fuel w/o it

Silver bottle Diesel Kleen in summer. White bottle Diesel Fuel Supplement in winter. Can't say I notice any difference in fuel consumption.

In my old diesels in summer I sometimes use TCW3 2 cycle oil @ 160:1 (1 quart in 40 gallon fuel tank) or so. I wouldn't do it in a modern DPF diesel engine.

sim.-ang.king":xes2qg3d said:

I normally aim to run straight #1 fuel in winter. If I get caught with straight #2 in the tank when winter hits, white bottle Power Service and as much #1 as I can get in the tank usually works.

I've heard 10% kerosene is a good remedy for gelling. No matter what product you add, it has to get mixed and then get through the filters and lines.

denvermartinfarms":1pyzi8e3 said:
I'm not big on Lucas stuff. I use howes meaner cleaner and I think it actually makes my fuel mileage enough better that it pays for itself.

I love Lucas everything. Had a rear-end chattering with every other oil I used. I used Lucas gear oil and no more. I use their oil stabilizer too in my high mileage truck.

kenny thomas":f9mn0h1a said:
sim.-ang.king":f9mn0h1a said:
X2, and Ron what you been drinking to ask about diesel additive at 6:25 am in 95 degree weather. Getting ready huh?

Kenny: Diesel fuel additive is more important for me in the summer than in the winter. I know it is important to control water in winter but my main purpose it to increase the lubricity of my fuel. Fuel in diesel engines plays a much greater role in the lubrication of an internal combustion diesel engine than a gasoline engine. With the EPA requirement for Ultra Low Sulfur fuel, diesel fuel should be amended to provide the lubricity that has been lost in going to low sulfur fuel.

I run my tractor extensively in the summer and almost not at all in the winter. All I do in the winter is run it long enough each day to put out a roll of hay. Acknowledged that to start it must not gel or contain excess water. I do use an additive for that purpose in the winter.
Opti-Lube XL Xtreme is a summer formula that provides the following:
• Lubrication
• Improved Fuel System Efficiency
• Reduced Deposits & Cleans
• Reduced Emissions
• Prevention of Rust & Corrosion
• Clean Injectors

A good fuel vendor will already have lubricants, and anti gel, if using B20, mixed in for you. Just ask around and see what different places use.

J&D Cattle":re8yzxh4 said:
denvermartinfarms":re8yzxh4 said:

I love Lucas everything. Had a rear-end chattering with every other oil I used. I used Lucas gear oil and no more. I use their oil stabilizer too in my high mileage truck.

Diff cover gasket was leaking on my new-to-me Dodge pickup. Co-op guys fixed it for me. A bottle of NAPA limited slip additive, bottle of Lucas, and topped off with Cenex gear oil. Hope I never have the cover off again.

Latest posts