From Drovers alert

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Farm income declines in 2006
The USDA's Economic Research Service forecasts that net farm income will decline this year to about $54.4 billion, down from 2005 by $19.4 billion and a little below its 10-year average of $57.2 billion. The decline follows two years of exceptional growth in U.S. farm income. The ERS report notes that higher expenses and lower returns share the blame for the reduction in net income, with drought and high energy prices playing key roles. ERS projects a decline of $2.5 billion in the value of agricultural production for this year, with the value of crops increasing but livestock declining by $6.5 billion. For the complete report, http://www.ers.usda.gov/Features/FarmIn ... 06/August/

Carlos D.":3edjtgef said:
I sure am curious how the U.S. farmer has done so well in the last two years--when In canada were dropping off like flies --are you subsidised very much???

My subsidy is working full time elsewhere and running equipment I own part time as another hobby, for which I get extra nickels. Cows are a deficit this year but hay sales are doing great.

With all the culling over the last two years, prices on cattle may be good next year as folks are rebuilding stock.

Latest posts