Found her this morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
She was wet and chilled to the bone laying in the ice. Couldn't even lift her head. I put her in the tractor and carried her to the ranch nurse and her elves.
12a2591da0d23eaab589463cce177591.jpg

After a couple hours of massage, elf love, and some colostrum from a bottle she was ready to open presents.
738929a2096a02b637396edf2be5cd15.jpg

Aaron":2chto01g said:
I haven't had a present like that in almost 20 years, and I don't miss it a bit.
I don't open that present. ;-) My wife and kids are always begging for one but I never seem to be able to find one that needs help.

cow pollinater":221h939v said:
Aaron":221h939v said:
I haven't had a present like that in almost 20 years, and I don't miss it a bit.
I don't open that present. ;-) My wife and kids are always begging for one but I never seem to be able to find one that needs help.
Mine too. She started to raise her hand in a bottle calf at the auction and I pinched her in the side. That hand fell real quick. Haha

inyati13":12vo08hp said:
Aaron":12vo08hp said:
Yeah, but look at the experience those three youngsters will have!!!!
That's their third one in two days. I just decided to take some photos with this one.

Good memories there. When children are involved its a game changer in how I deal with situations. I try real hard to think about how they will remember how I acted and/or reacted. Certainly requires additional thoughts. Good job Isom

She looks very healthy now Isom , your elves did a fantastic job ! :D

I bet she left you all presents too before you relocated her back with her mommy . ;-) :lol:

That's is really sweet!! We used to bring in bottle babies when I was a kid also! (Along with every thing else!)

Isomade":salrq029 said:
inyati13":salrq029 said:
Aaron":salrq029 said:
Yeah, but look at the experience those three youngsters will have!!!!
That's their third one in two days. I just decided to take some photos with this one.
Awesome elves you have there!!!! Good job.

We, here in the frozen north country, have calf warmers in our barns. Drag them in and put them in the hot box and leave them while you do chores and they get dry and toastie warm. Who ever came up with the idea deserves at least one gold medal. Years ago it was comman to use warm water in the bathtub. Mom usually did'nt want to claim them back and a chore to clean the tub,plus they had to dry. Every area of the country has their own unique problems. Was reading on one thread about the rain in the So. Eastern states and feel real sorry for those people and their livestock. Nothing worse in my mind then being wet and then freezing temp's. Most of our extreme temperature's are very dry.

Beef Man":2zj2b1im said:
We, here in the frozen north country, have calf warmers in our barns. Drag them in and put them in the hot box and leave them while you do chores and they get dry and toastie warm. Who ever came up with the idea deserves at least one gold medal. Years ago it was comman to use warm water in the bathtub. Mom usually did'nt want to claim them back and a chore to clean the tub,plus they had to dry. Every area of the country has their own unique problems. Was reading on one thread about the rain in the So. Eastern states and feel real sorry for those people and their livestock. Nothing worse in my mind then being wet and then freezing temp's. Most of our extreme temperature's are very dry.

I call it an incubator. 5' x 5' box 3' deep. I have a square hole in the side with a ceramic heater mounted to it. A piece of expanded metal over it so the calf doesn't get his nose or foot in it. The heater has a little fan on it. It works pretty good.

Latest posts