Forgotten Founding Fathers

Help Support CattleToday:

rla442

Reaction score
Although not cattle related but, I thought this would be a good place as any to ask for ideas for help on my college finals project. I need to write a report on one of our forgotten Founding Father from the pre Revolutionary time frame up until the early 1800's. I've research some but haven't been able to find the one that really reaches out grabs me that I can get a paper flowing. I was looking at John Paul Jones but I'm not really committed to that. Does anyone have a forgotten Founding Father they would like to suggest?

Founding Fathers is not a topic I have given much thought, I googled the subject to see who were the fathers and was amazed at the number of them, it would take a lot of research to know each one. I see why you asked the question , with all the great minds on this forum maybe someone will suggest a Good candidate for you. :cboy:

I like your choice of John Paul Johns. The man had guts and did a lot more for the effort than anyone gives him credit. Can you imagine single handedly taking on the world's largest navy? The man had a set for sure and he definitely sent a message to the arrogant elitists in England.

TennesseeTuxedo":pms15p24 said:
Curly Lambeau. Can anyone imagine what the NFL would like like today without his vision and insig
ht? He was truly one of the forgotten founding greats.

Tuxedo, I'm not trying to stir anything up.seriously I'm not.
But really....A founding father.?
Pre. Revolutionary. To early 1800s

Maybe I'm missing some joke.

Founding Fathers pre Revolutionary War to early 1800's , Does anyone know how many there was?
Best I come up with , a whole bunch. I wonder what they would say as to what is happening to the Country they helped found.

Googled and found this:

Biographical Index of America's Founding Fathers
For brief biographies of each of the Founding Fathers who were delegates to the Constitutional Convention, select the names or the states below.
(* indicates delegates who did not sign the Constitution)
Connecticut
William. Samuel Johnson
Roger Sherman
Oliver Ellsworth (Elsworth)* Delaware
George Read
Gunning Bedford, Jr.
John Dickinson
Richard Bassett
Jacob Broom
Georgia
William Few
Abraham Baldwin
William Houston*
William L. Pierce* Maryland
James McHenry
Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer
Daniel Carroll
Luther Martin*
John F. Mercer*
Massachusetts
Nathaniel Gorham
Rufus King
Elbridge Gerry*
Caleb Strong* New Hampshire
John Langdon
Nicholas Gilman
New Jersey
William Livingston
David Brearly (Brearley)
William Paterson (Patterson)
Jonathan Dayton
William C. Houston* New York
Alexander Hamilton
John Lansing, Jr.*
Robert Yates*
North Carolina
William. Blount
Richard. Dobbs Spaight
Hugh Williamson
William R. Davie*
Alexander Martin* Pennsylvania
Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Mifflin
Robert Morris
George Clymer
Thomas Fitzsimons (FitzSimons; Fitzsimmons)
Jared Ingersoll
James Wilson
Gouverneur Morris
South Carolina
John Rutledge
Charles Cotesworth Pinckney
Charles Pinckney
Pierce Butler Rhode Island
Rhode Island did not send any delegates to the Constitutional Convention.
Virginia
John Blair
James Madison Jr.
George Washington
George Mason*
James McClurg*
Edmund J. Randolph*
George Wythe*

Assembly Room, Pennsylvania State House, later named Independence Hall, meeting place of Congress learn more...

The Scene at the Signing of the Constitution, oil painting (reproduction) by Howard Chandler Christy, 1940 learn more...

cowboy43":uyzahm45 said:
Founding Fathers pre Revolutionary War to early 1800's , Does anyone know how many there was?
Best I come up with , a whole bunch. I wonder what they would say as to what is happening to the Country they helped found.

Cowboy, this has been discussed in our class a lot. My take is our Founding Fathers would be extremely disappointed in the people more so than the politicians. We the people have allowed so much of what they fought so hard to prevent from happening.

fenceman":3pepghkr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3pepghkr said:
Curly Lambeau. Can anyone imagine what the NFL would like like today without his vision and insig

You're not missing anything. He's serious.

Deepsouth":298lwj1r said:
fenceman":298lwj1r said:
TennesseeTuxedo":298lwj1r said:

You're not missing anything. He's serious.

Curley was the founding father of the Green Bay Packers football team.

The two that interest me are John Rutledge and Alexander Hamilton. Mainly because I know descendants of both of them. Both families had people come here very early on in the Oregon Trail migration. Makes me wonder if there was something hereditary in the way of an independent streak in their personality.

Dogs and Cows":fktnkbi1 said:
A fringe founding father you don't hear much about but had a heck of a life was Ethan Allen. He led the Green Mountain Boys when they took Fort Ticonderoga. He may be someone who you could get into...

Ethan Allen is on my list that I'm considering. Also Samuel Adams, we know his brewery but he was a statesman in early American Government.

Latest posts