Rough Fathers Day Here

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

You, your wife and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you all the strength you need to get through this.

Katherine

Sorry for your family's loss, Caustic. Moma lost her brother Thursday and her mother 6 months ago. Fathers day was hard for his family, so I know where your coming from. It was the last of Moma's family, and she is only 65.

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this is going to be a long drawn out affair until next week.
Being he was on vacation in Oklahoma they have ordered an autopsy.
His body wont get here until Saturday or Sunday.
We believe in burying our dead fast and moving on with life.
I finally got the Mrs to bed and sleeping she had been up for nearly 36 hours .
Not good for her girl has already had one stroke and heart problems to boot.

This is like the funeral that can't happen this is the damest thing I have ever seen.
Looks like the body won't be here from the state of Oklahoma until next week.
Can't get anything planned keeping the entire family in a state of flux.

It's been a rough week for a few families around these parts, there have been 2 accidents which have killed about 5 local young people in a weeks time.. one family had a kid lost in both accidents (very extended families).

I hope things start to flow smoothly in the paperwork, etc departments so you can go forward with the proceedings CB. I certainly don't envy you, and wish you health and strength.

Not sure how I missed this.
Sorry for your loss CB. My b-i-l lost his sister last week--she made every family gathering we ever had, but had fought cancer all she could stand and was ready to go.
May God bless and continue to be with you and yours.

Caustic Burno":3ekrfcjp said:
This is like the funeral that can't happen this is the damest thing I have ever seen.
Looks like the body won't be here from the state of Oklahoma until next week.
Can't get anything planned keeping the entire family in a state of flux.
I can relate to that.
My wife's younger brother was in the Air Force stationed in Michigan and was killed in a car wreck.
His mother went bonkers. It was bad. It was the middle of winter. The AF said the body would be home on a certain day. Then they would say the weather was too bad and planes couldn't fly.
Then they would call with a new time to be there. Then again say the weather was too bad. This was repeated I don't remember how many times. With each change of plans the mother would get more upset. She was a basket case.

Finally a cousin called the office of the Congressman John Rarrick (now deceased). A fine man and a fine American. He got a small private plane to pick up the body and bring it home. The Air Force couldn't, but the congressman could.
There is more but I have hijacked enough.

I extend heartfelt sympathy to the family.

Latest posts