for the obnoxious poster

Help Support CattleToday:

where do you fall?

• I'm too stupid to call a vet, so I ask a public forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have cattle but, I ask stupid questions anyhow

• I'm a tree hugger, but I love cattle. How many do you have???

• I have 30 head but no fence...now what?

• What is a vet? Gramp is a WWII vet...does that count?

• Total voters
I say if you got a question ask. IF I have the answer I will or do my best to help. That what these boards are for.

Scotty

Muratic, you better keep your eyes open for that tapeworm. I didn't think she was that way.

I was under the impression that tapeworm was of the male gender.....
cough..cough..

9 ER":3lbwgct3 said:
You're right Scott. If you're through learning you need to go. If someone dont like the boards anymore then they can go too. I love this board. I'm not going anywhere. Just saying that new people to the board dont really know how to use it and that's why you guys see the same old bumb questions.

Not they don't like the boards a lot of the information is on the board already. The board has a search engine.
Couple of my favorites can I haul cattle, and when are they to big to handle by hand.
Come on these can't be legit questions, if they are its going to be a long row to hoe for these operations. If they are really legit they should have got a mentor and learned about cattle before jumping off and buying cattle.

Caustic Burno":3vkjplsu said:
they should have got a mentor and learned about cattle before jumping off and buying cattle.

Should'a is I think the most common mistake that folks make when getting into the business.
Should'a had a way to catch them, should'a had a better fence, should'a learned more before getting started, should'a ................
The thing is that we're dealing with folks that in many cases didn't. They may (hopefully) be wiser next time. But the goof ups is what allows others to learn, and hopfully the person doing it.

dun

You got that right, dun.

Yep. Can still remember the day I bought ol' Frankencow. Classic.

If I had a nickle for every screw up I've ever made, I'd be rich by now, especially as it seems that each and every day is another golden opportunity to really see what a mess I can make of it. ;-)

No. Come to think of it, I'd probably just have spent it on the ranch anyway and just have more cows to feed and calve out and more land to cover at haying and still be in the hole.....

Never mind. :roll:

Take care.

Not all people that don't know anything about cattle just haul off and buy them then wonder what to do with them. Like my husband and my situation: Our origional cattle were inherited from a death in the family. Neither of us knew anything about cattle and all of a sudden we had 30 cows/calves to take care of. Yes we could have just sold them but then we would lose the ag exemption on the land that came with the cattle, that would be a huge chunk of change we would have to come up with. So we have learned as mucha s possible is as quick a time frame as we could. Most have been trial and error mistakes, but doing is a learing experience in itself. There is no telling how much knowledge I have gained from this board alone and all of the great cattle men and cattle WOMEN here. I appreciate each and every one of you!

I enjoy the company of women all the time. Thats why my wife and I get along so well. I need someone to bitch at and she needs a kid to take care of. :oops: Seriously, I know some cattle WOMEN that are right on gals. Think alot of them.

Scotty

Speaking for the newbie idiots....It takes a while to learn how to use the board. How long did it take for you to figure out the features? Maybe Macon can create a "vetern cattlemen and women" forum so you guys wont be bothered. If you're gonna help the newbies then "thanks". If you're gonna complain and make fun of folks then we dont want your help.

I have to agree, it does take awhile to learn how to be "comfortable" using these boards. That's why there are so many long term lurkers here......( and I am sure this subject has scared some more away.. )

A good mentor is patient. And not everyone is meant to be a mentor.

Just like the TV, if you read something you think is idiotic--do not respond to it. Someone with more patience will. Guaranteed. :D

9ER--GOOD IDEA---Perhaps an exclusive area for the members that have over "500" would be a good idea, since some give the impression of having shorter fuses and less patience with newbie questions. Call it the "500 Corral"--with a sign that says "Newbies Stay Out.."

These boards are known for their openness, patience, information and humor. Like a big family--with new members "marrying" into the "family"-- sitting around the living room and exchanging all the details about what happened during their day. I love it and hope it never changes.

I voted for "30 head of cattle w/ no fence" because my fiance is always telling me to build a better fence.. she hates chasing the steers when they get out.

Just this week one of them jumped over and cleared a 5ft fence.

When I think of the cattle today forum , ........I picture, A coffee shop/ Feed store , where every one sits on the porch and visits.
Some people sit on the porch all day, some people just pass by.some people come by every day , some people come by once a week.
Some people come by and ask simple questions , like where's the bathroom, where's a good place to eat, and some people ask Questions that are more complex.
Anyway , Macon owns the store/coffe shop, he makes the rules , and were all just passing thru.
I like to come thru and visit, ask Questions, or just listen to what's going on. I enjoy listening to people debate , but I hate when the debate crosses the line.

There's my 2 cents.

CowCop":20an5j4b said:
Muratic, you better keep your eyes open for that tapeworm. I didn't think she was that way.

I was under the impression that tapeworm was of the male gender.....
cough..cough..
I am so impressed with your powers of deductive reasoning cowcop...I bet youre not just any old cop...I bet youre a DETECTIVE. :) And you need to do something about that nasty cough...cough.
Maybe you can fill in some of the others around here that arent sure if I'm a pointer or a setter. I think some of them have me confused with somebody else. Understandable to confuse people...could be a problem to get the gender wrong though. Well maybe not for some of you switch hitters

sidney411":1qvp7jf8 said:
I don't think I fit into any of those caterories, and I hope no one thinks I do :shock: :lol:

Did I miss something between you two T.W.?
Hi Sidney! I dont think you fit any of them either. I guess you didnt really miss anything between me and Muratic...she is playing hard to get...but I may not give up on her. She isnt afraid to say whats on her mind...this poll proves it!!! I like women like that. I dont know what it is with La4 Anus thinking I'm a girl. Maybe he is jealous???? Anyhow Im not a girl and I probaly wouldnt give him any if I was!!! LOL

tapeworm":18eymlnr said:
I guess you didnt really miss anything between me and Muratic...she is playing hard to get...but I may not give up on her. She isnt afraid to say whats on her mind...this poll proves it!!! I like women like that.

:oops: :oops: :pretty: :pretty: ;-) ;-)

The only reason to possess knowledge is to pass it on to others and the beauty of life is that we all possess different knowledge. Some questions may sound simple to some people but if that is the case then it just means you have the answer and should share it.

As for some of the questions not being real, that may happen, there are those that have nothing else to do but make up silly things and then laugh at people when the answer them. I would prefer to get laughed at for being helpful than to ignore someone who needs help.

I am new to this board and it did take me awhile to even look in the search section I was too busy jumping into posting. :lol: If I ask stupid questions then I hope someone will be nice enough to answer and I will retrun the favour when someone else asks a stupid question. I thought that was what we were here for. If we were all perfectly brilliant what would be the point??? :shock:

Victoria":2rrvgcpz said:
The only reason to possess knowledge is to pass it on to others and the beauty of life is that we all possess different knowledge. Some questions may sound simple to some people but if that is the case then it just means you have the answer and should share it.

As for some of the questions not being real, that may happen, there are those that have nothing else to do but make up silly things and then laugh at people when the answer them. I would prefer to get laughed at for being helpful than to ignore someone who needs help.

I am new to this board and it did take me awhile to even look in the search section I was too busy jumping into posting. :lol: If I ask stupid questions then I hope someone will be nice enough to answer and I will retrun the favour when someone else asks a stupid question. I thought that was what we were here for. If we were all perfectly brilliant what would be the point??? :shock:

Well said Victoria! I am still learning my way around too and truly appreciate the kindness and tolerance that most folks have shown.

MULDOON":3pgmf55h said:
When I think of the cattle today forum , ........I picture, A coffee shop/ Feed store , where every one sits on the porch and visits.
Some people sit on the porch all day, some people just pass by.some people come by every day , some people come by once a week.
Some people come by and ask simple questions , like where's the bathroom, where's a good place to eat, and some people ask Questions that are more complex.
Anyway , Macon owns the store/coffe shop, he makes the rules , and were all just passing thru.
I like to come thru and visit, ask Questions, or just listen to what's going on. I enjoy listening to people debate , but I hate when the debate crosses the line.

There's my 2 cents.
May I pass those 2 off as my own 2 cents? I sure like the way you put it! Now, where's that bathroom???

I had to bring this to the top again. Opened up the boards tonight, and the first thing I did was respond to three (3) posts with the following:

Prices in the U.S. right now I would not hesitate to make the phone call. Too much money on the line.

Up here, if it needs more than I can give it, it gets the "high speed lead" treatment. I think I can almost guarantee I will have my lowest veterinarian bill ever this year.

Regards

Bez

I rarely use a vet but I'll have to agree with you Bez. I had some lengthy response typed up for the black liver killer disease when it hit me, there is no way to respond to that with the knowledge I have (which is limited at best) in an intelligent way.

Latest posts