for the obnoxious poster

Help Support CattleToday:

where do you fall?

• I'm too stupid to call a vet, so I ask a public forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have cattle but, I ask stupid questions anyhow

• I'm a tree hugger, but I love cattle. How many do you have???

• I have 30 head but no fence...now what?

• What is a vet? Gramp is a WWII vet...does that count?

• Total voters

Muratic

Reaction score
Just wondering which fits ya'll the best. The boards just arn't like they used to be. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Muratic I dont know exactly what to vote but I'm falling hard for you Sugar!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You dont favor your brother I hope???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

One of my dreams/idea is to open an empty lot (or land) sheep grazing business. Sheep are "close to the ground" grazers and are easy to herd and to load and unload from/to trailer. I thought of goats but they are tricky animals and love to climb things... Many lots have junk in it and the goats would climb it and get out. I will haul sheep to various empty lots, land, highway median or shoulders to graze it down to prevent fires (it will save a bundle for the private owners, the city, and the fire department). Personally, I don't have the money to start it because it is a lot to get started. Here is the things I need your investments money:
2 trucks with hitches
2 trailers (one flatbed and one stock trailer)
sheep
to hire someone to build portable fences and corral (easy to carry and lightweight. the barbed wire fence takes too long and private owners would hate me if I dug into their ground!).
portable water tanks
Water tank for back of one of the truck
start up cash for hired hands
winter pasture (hopefully I can haul them to land/lots in warm climate during winter time)
It will probably be a bad investment because the sheep prices isn't very strong and I will probably go broke but at least I will be working! Remember even if Iam working and my monthly earnings is under 2,000 dollars, I am still on SSI.
This will probably never happen but its a good dream that I dream of for every night for the past two years.. I was afraid to present this because someone else might steal the idea and ruin me personally. If you are serious about this, please PM me! Thanks!

:roll: :roll: :roll: One of my all time favorite posts ;-) :cboy:

I enjoyed that set of questions. What about "too lazy to search these very boards, so I'll just type a question that's already been asked twenty times."

Craig-TX

MULDOON":36l5acu5 said:
One of my dreams/idea is to open an empty lot (or land) sheep grazing business. Sheep are "close to the ground" grazers and are easy to herd and to load and unload from/to trailer. I thought of goats but they are tricky animals and love to climb things... Many lots have junk in it and the goats would climb it and get out. I will haul sheep to various empty lots, land, highway median or shoulders to graze it down to prevent fires (it will save a bundle for the private owners, the city, and the fire department). Personally, I don't have the money to start it because it is a lot to get started. Here is the things I need your investments money:
2 trucks with hitches
2 trailers (one flatbed and one stock trailer)
sheep
to hire someone to build portable fences and corral (easy to carry and lightweight. the barbed wire fence takes too long and private owners would hate me if I dug into their ground!).
portable water tanks
Water tank for back of one of the truck
start up cash for hired hands
winter pasture (hopefully I can haul them to land/lots in warm climate during winter time)
It will probably be a bad investment because the sheep prices isn't very strong and I will probably go broke but at least I will be working! Remember even if Iam working and my monthly earnings is under 2,000 dollars, I am still on SSI.
This will probably never happen but its a good dream that I dream of for every night for the past two years.. I was afraid to present this because someone else might steal the idea and ruin me personally. If you are serious about this, please PM me! Thanks!

:roll: :roll: :roll: One of my all time favorite posts ;-) :cboy:

I must have missed that one when it came out. Or, skipped it intentionally due to the source. A truly amazing post. Too bad he's back on the boards.

Craig-TX

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":lmlrhwrf said:
Campground Cattle":lmlrhwrf said:
You could add would somebody set me up in the cattle business please.

Or I only have three cows how much money can I make.
OR"Where do I get a grant to go into the cattle business?" :roll:
Mahoney Pursley
He has already asked for someone to set him up for a sheep grazing project.
Now he may be going after a grant. Another waste of the tax payers money.
That's all we need. :roll: :roll:

tapeworm":1c8hht6n said:
Muratic I dont know exactly what to vote but I'm falling hard for you Sugar!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You dont favor your brother I hope???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Muratic, you better keep your eyes open for that tapeworm. I didn't think she was that way.

la4angus":1h3d088n said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1h3d088n said:
Campground Cattle":1h3d088n said:
You could add would somebody set me up in the cattle business please.

Or I only have three cows how much money can I make.
OR"Where do I get a grant to go into the cattle business?" :roll:
Mahoney Pursley
He has already asked for someone to set him up for a sheep grazing project.
Now he may be going after a grant. Another waste of the tax payers money.
That's all we need. :roll: :roll:
Some people have had to work HARD for what they have-others feed off the system.

Muratic":53q8gchk said:
The boards just aren't like they used to be. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Very true, Muratic. I didn't really see any place for me to vote. Guess all the ones that can vote more than once will make up for it?

I had to answer that I don't have cattle but will ask stupid questions anyway. That's why I was attracted to this board so that I could ask questions (and some of them will undoubtably be stupid :) ) instead of making stupid mistakes when I finally am able to get my cows. Hopefully ya'll can excuse me for offending you with my ignorance. :oops:

Chris

ffscj":27dwhhgk said:
I had to answer that I don't have cattle but will ask stupid questions anyway. That's why I was attracted to this board so that I could ask questions (and some of them will undoubtably be stupid :) ) instead of making stupid mistakes when I finally am able to get my cows. Hopefully ya'll can excuse me for offending you with my ignorance. :oops:

Chris

none of us will have probles with helping a newbie or somebody that wants to get into the business as long as the person that comes searching for advice doesn't get cocky and start trying to tell veterans off on how to do things that are tried and true methods when the person in question doesn't know be nice about cattle...... :help:

I don't think I fit into any of those caterories, and I hope no one thinks I do :shock: :lol:

Did I miss something between you two T.W.?

Craig-TX":347gogcd said:
I enjoyed that set of questions. What about "too lazy to search these very boards, so I'll just type a question that's already been asked twenty times."

Craig-TX

Alot of people would rather YOU do the work for them. It runs right along with the grants and other crap people have asked about. But will say if not for my father I wouldn't be in cattle today. I guesse everyone starts somewhere.

Scotty

Speaking for the newbie idiots....It takes a while to learn how to use the board. How long did it take for you to figure out the features? Maybe Macon can create a "vetern cattlemen and women" forum so you guys wont be bothered. If you're gonna help the newbies then "thanks". If you're gonna complain and make fun of folks then we dont want your help. And if you dont like the boards...."BYE"

9 ER":1qb23h9h said:
Speaking for the newbie idiots....It takes a while to learn how to use the board. How long did it take for you to figure out the features? Maybe Macon can create a "vetern cattlemen and women" forum so you guys wont be bothered. If you're gonna help the newbies then "thanks". If you're gonna complain and make fun of folks then we dont want your help. And if you dont like the boards...."BYE"

Was not complaining. As far as being a veteran at cattle, I still am new. Just spent the last 30 years with them and am still learning. I think when you stop is when you should say "BYE". Like I have said befor, sometimes what I type comes out wrong. Didn't mean to offend if I did. But you take it how ever you want and if you don't want to post anymore that is your desicion and don't blame anyone but yourself.

Scotty

Scotty":13a9o79v said:
and am still learning. I think when you stop is when you should say "BYE".

Scotty

Of all the things posted over time on these boards, this is probably got to be the most accurate

dun

You're right Scott. If you're through learning you need to go. If someone dont like the boards anymore then they can go too. I love this board. I'm not going anywhere. Just saying that new people to the board dont really know how to use it and that's why you guys see the same old bumb questions.

Latest posts