For Sale! Grass fed organic beef!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
:roll: I would love to have someone enforce these folks on Craigslist advertising organic beef when I know they have no clue what is required to be certified organic. I know it's pretty much an impossible task to control, but it's still very irritating. There's probably only a small percentage of these folks advertising and selling organic beef that know it's not organic. But if the government is wasting money anyway I think enforcement of farm raised organic beef may be a good place to waste it. Give them a warning and then a fine.

Just a rant this morning.

Can we leave the government out of it? I was sortof hoping for a smaller government and not a bigger one.

I like the ads that title says "Grass Fed" then when you read it they say it is naturally raised on grass and grain. How is that grass fed?

chippie":22rzeogs said:
Write them and ask to see their certified organic certificate. I bet that they won't reply.

I bet if you called them they wouldn't even know what an organic certification is.

As a seller, all this is great. Don't forget to claim "sustainably raised", "hormone free", "antibiotic free" and "free to a good home". That last one is going to get you some serious website traffic.
People still buy groceries on price. The organic movement has attempted to add "prestige" to that, but price is still trumps.

john250":62yf0xng said:
As a seller, all this is great. Don't forget to claim "sustainably raised", "hormone free", "antibiotic free" and "free to a good home". That last one is going to get you some serious website traffic.
People still buy groceries on price. The organic movement has attempted to add "prestige" to that, but price is still trumps.

By and large, the general public buys on price. But, those small operations pushing 'grass fed beef" (no grain, no antibiotics) are doing alright! It's a niche market that could care less about price. "Organic", yea, it needs to be policed. The true organic game is a tough one to play.

Have any of you actually eaten organic grass fed, no grain whatsoever beef that was certified organic? Tastes like he77, but I am also accustomed to eating fat corn fed cattle. I have another thread about freezer beef going now because I have been thinking about selling some freezer beef, organic beef is something I wouldn't even think about trying to sell.

I've tried grass fed . Corn fattened . Etc my favorite beef is milk fed . I take a fat calf about 7 months old strait off the cow and have it butchered . It's cheaper , more tender , and less time consuming . But I don't need 600 lbs of beef a year to feed my family . We stock up on pork , venison , fish , and beef .

JSCATTLE":1djyyv9m said:
I've tried grass fed . Corn fattened . Etc my favorite beef is milk fed . I take a fat calf about 7 months old strait off the cow and have it butchered . It's cheaper , more tender , and less time consuming . But I don't need 600 lbs of beef a year to feed my family . We stock up on pork , venison , fish , and beef .

JS , what do they dress out as ?

Btw that is what my FIL does in Nl, they are usually about 9-10 months old when weened and sent straight to slaughter .

hillsdown":3vuidqdj said:
JSCATTLE":3vuidqdj said:

JS , what do they dress out as ?

Btw that is what my FIL does in Nl, they are usually about 9-10 months old when weened and sent straight to slaughter .
Hanging weight is usually 350 to 400 lbs .

People are using "organic" to sell everything these days. I saw a sign the other day advertising organic dry cleaning. I got an email the other day from a massage theropist giving "organic" massages.

Dave":113dpffc said:
People are using "organic" to sell everything these days. I saw a sign the other day advertising organic dry cleaning. I got an email the other day from a massage theropist giving "organic" massages.
Are you sure it was organic ? And not something else lol!!

Latest posts