florida welfare applicants must pass drug test

Help Support CattleToday:

Its not that I'm against ssi or other programs that person pays into all their working lives . what I am against is not having a choice about paying into those programs . I would be willing to bet I can come out way ahead by investing the same amount of money I have to give the gov. Programs . My grand ma gets 560 dollars month . On social security . And that's her sole income she's 77 . But social security wasn't meant to pay people for 30 year s after they retire either .

JSCATTLE":iocmdu3u said:
Its not that I'm against ssi or other programs that person pays into all their working lives . what I am against is not having a choice about paying into those programs . I would be willing to bet I can come out way ahead by investing the same amount of money I have to give the gov. Programs . My grand ma gets 560 dollars month . On social security . And that's her sole income she's 77 . But social security wasn't meant to pay people for 30 year s after they retire either .

It was never intended to be your sole income but to supplement what you had. Thats where people started getting into trouble .Your social security statement read's supplemental retirement, disability and survivor insurance.

i agree that its a supplement . In the beginning It's just another way the government is trying to protect us from our selves . Now if everyone under 35 stopped paying Into it the people currently on social security wouldn't get a check . Not that there will be social security when I'm 75 or what ever the age will be when I'm allowed to collect it . But as far as well fare and drug test I'm all for it . I say make them pay for their own test . I have to meet certain criteria to work so they should .seeing as how its free money .

JSCATTLE":263h7eox said:
i agree that its a supplement . In the beginning It's just another way the government is trying to protect us from our selves . Now if everyone under 35 stopped paying Into it the people currently on social security wouldn't get a check . Not that there will be social security when I'm 75 or what ever the age will be when I'm allowed to collect it . But as far as well fare and drug test I'm all for it . I say make them pay for their own test . I have to meet certain criteria to work so they should .seeing as how its free money .

The problem occured when they opened the SS box the politicians just couldn't stand the thought of all that money in the box and they couldn't get their grubby hands on it. They have been stealing from us that have paid into the system and IMO everyone of them should be tried for treason. They have made a career out of stealing from SS and putting IOU's in the box. They have been stealing from the working man to buy the votes of those that won't work.

Caustic Burno":3flma1d9 said:
JSCATTLE":3flma1d9 said:

The problem occured when they opened the SS box the politicians just couldn't stand the thought of all that money in the box and they couldn't get their grubby hands on it. They have been stealing from us that have paid into the system and IMO everyone of them should be tried for treason. They have made a career out of stealing from SS and putting IOU's in the box. They have been stealing from the working man to buy the votes of those that won't work.
I agree 100 percent. That's what makes it so hard to vote . You know you are voting for a criminal no matter the party or who you vote for .

Need to drug test all public servants, and anybody else that receives our tax dollars. Politicians have sure been doing some dumb stuff lately, guess they can't figure them hackers out. They may all be crooks but there's a big difference between the conservatives and the liberals, one party pays taxes and the other gives it away. Good Luck, were going to need it.

highgrit":264ixor8 said:
Need to drug test all public servants, and anybody else that receives our tax dollars. Politicians have sure been doing some dumb stuff lately, guess they can't figure them hackers out. They may all be crooks but there's a big difference between the conservatives and the liberals, one party pays taxes and the other gives it away. Good Luck, were going to need it.

When they are on the stump they preach to what the crowd wants to hear, once in Washington it is the party of gimme.

TexasBred":35pt23tk said:
Kingfisher":35pt23tk said:
TexasBred":35pt23tk said:
We're sick of illegal wetbacks coming into the state/country as well but "the powers that be" don't seem too interested in anyone's rights but the illegals. Each will be a new voter by 2012.
We? You know I like you but I don't think the term " wetback" lends much other than.......anyway........my family is from South Texas and there ain't enough water in the river today to swim to Texas........so what is your point?!?

I don't care if you like me or not Teasipper !!! It's not important. Point is we don't need any more illegals in Texas or the other states. Call them what you want!!! "Wetback" is my word of choice. I'm sure you have your own name for them which is much more politically correct :lol2:

OH and by the way...I was born in Bolivia but "flew into the country". So I know a bit about "latinos", SA indians, etc.

I totally agree with you about the illegals, being hispanic doesn't mean illegal as I hear so many refer to in disgust.
Hispanics stood the wall with Anglo's at the Alamo fighting for our freedom as well at San Jacinto. There will never be an answer to this problem as long as both parties are posturing for money and votes. The thing that burns my butt is we pay for schooling, welfare,and medical and they have never paid a dime into the system. They want our milk and honey while despising the air we breath. This is while we have American veterans and elderly we should truely be helping sleeping in the streets or making a decision to eat or buy their medication.

Latest posts