Water test

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
We are having our very own water crisis here in North alabama with around 100000 people told not to drink their water yesterday because of high levels of PFOA and PFOS. If you're like me and have no clue what those are well that's the stuff they use to make non stick pans and waterproof clothes. I wandered if anybody knows of a good lab where I can have my moms well water tested at?

Hope she's not in the Huntsville area. There some pretty nasty stuff in the ground up there and its not water repellent. Probably just need to shut up before I get visitors.

Around here you just take it to the health department and they check it, or have it tested. Same deal you have to go through to sell a house that has a well. There is also a chance that a local well driller will know where to get it tested.

Here in Middle GA we take ours to the Health Department. They send it off to be tested and then send us a report. We had ours tested a couple of years ago.

I knew yall would be full of ideas. The health department told a friend who is also looking they only test for fecal matter.. We don't have to do anything to sell houses with wells. So I guess I'll start with the county agent and see if I can get in touch with a driller in the area.

Jogeephus":3hsqhvkq said:
Hope she's not in the Huntsville area. There some pretty nasty stuff in the ground up there and its not water repellent. Probably just need to shut up before I get visitors.

"Knock-Knock" :tiphat: :arrow: ................................ :lol2:

Our health dept. tests for many things. We mainly wanted to check for arsenic, but many things were tested. All came back okay.

Latest posts