florida welfare applicants must pass drug test

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Finally! If you apply for welfare here, you gotta pay for and pass a drug test to receive benefits. If you pass, you get reimbursed for the testing fees. Bout dang time...I wonder how much this will save taxpayers and why it isn't country wide yet

I really don't know how long it will hold up, but its a start. We all know that drug abusing welfare recips don't usually vote..its too much work. I suspect it will hold up. Maybe not in its current form, but people are tired of paying for crackheads to be on foodstamps, on our dime. It will be interesting how they dealy with the hill billy heroine addicts, seeing that its a legal drug.

We're sick of illegal wetbacks coming into the state/country as well but "the powers that be" don't seem too interested in anyone's rights but the illegals. Each will be a new voter by 2012.

When did we become a country of panzy assed people that sit back and worry about everyones "feelings"?

TexasBred":rowl22tx said:
We're sick of illegal wetbacks coming into the state/country as well but "the powers that be" don't seem too interested in anyone's rights but the illegals. Each will be a new voter by 2012.
We? You know I like you but I don't think the term " wetback" lends much other than.......anyway........my family is from South Texas and there ain't enough water in the river today to swim to Texas........so what is your point?!?

TexasBred":2fqblktm said:
By the way the " power to be" is one of your boys too...........;( So.....

hooknline":asmau1n8 said:
I really don't know how long it will hold up, but its a start. We all know that drug abusing welfare recips don't usually vote..its too much work. I suspect it will hold up. Maybe not in its current form, but people are tired of paying for crackheads to be on foodstamps, on our dime. It will be interesting how they dealy with the hill billy heroine addicts, seeing that its a legal drug.

Your wrong they do vote and they block vote.
The party of slavery, founded the KKK, invented Share cropping, introduced the poll tax, introduced the welfare system, use us to pay, the modern day slave to vote to keep them in power.
Texas has a law that is close if you are picked up for a drug related offense you loose your welfare.

Caustic, that may have been true back then, but I don't think its the case now.

TexasBred":pdfhj23s said:

Mexico has no desire to stop it as we are there welfare system. Both parties are snakes the bite of one will kill you the bite of the other will make you so sick you wish you could die. Again both parties see this to their advantage.
Its like when they get up there and holler about gasoline the oil company makes 7 cents a gallon the government 42 cents. You really think they have our interest at heart, I am not sure there is a moral man in Washington.

Don't get me started cause I'm still not over seeing the young mother-to-be buying lottery tickets with her 4 WIC checks. Her husband/boyfriend/day partner/lover sure looked healthy enough to be working rather than scratching tickets but I guess he should be commended for at least getting something accomplished that day. With all the proceeds our state is collecting from its gambling ventures we should surely have a wonderful football team this year. I guess a few hungry babies is a small price compared to a winning football team. Of course I'm sure this young birthing machine would agree if it wereI suggested that we raise taxes to give her more money so she can at least buy some food after she spends the other on Newports and lottery tickets. Oh well, at least Mr. Patel insisted that she at least buy two loaves of bread. I just hope that doesn't hurt the state's gambling proceeds to much. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I think we need to cut out all entitlement programs . and also I think there needs to be tuition instead of school taxes. That way you only have to pay for your own children and when yours graduate you don't have to pay . I'm tired of paying for programs I don't get to use .

JSCattle, I hope you realize that if you have any ambitions to be in politics you shouldn't. You are unelectable. As am I. :tiphat:

Jogeephus":j6cgugzd said:
JSCattle, I hope you realize that if you have any ambitions to be in politics you shouldn't. You are unelectable. As am I. :tiphat:
Your right . I wouldn't get very many votes lol .

JSCATTLE":7mrbwoqp said:
I think we need to cut out all entitlement programs . and also I think there needs to be tuition instead of school taxes. That way you only have to pay for your own children and when yours graduate you don't have to pay . I'm tired of paying for programs I don't get to use .

The big problem is they have been robbing from the middle class so they can party and buy votes.
Social Security is not an entitlement and was created to be one that was pay to play for most Americans as we pay into the system 30 to 40 years.
The problem comes when the politican raids what we pay into to buy votes and puts IOU's in our account.
Ike started this when he bailed out the postal Service 60 years ago, and we are still bailing it out.
Kennnedy and Johnson seen the lid had been opened on Pandora's box so they got a crow bar and tore it completely off to fund Johnson's great society. This is when HUD, SSI, and all the other programs started this is a runaway train.
The train jumped the tracks that we went to supplying these programs to illegal immigrants.
Last year we paid out over 300 billion in Medicaide to non citizens, we sent foreign aide to 150 out 192 countries in the world and about 140 hate our guts.
Now my blood really starts to boil when I think of a hay field I used to lease and cut from an elderly lady here, her SS check is a little over 700 a month. I have no clue how she survives on that and that is all she gets, her husband paid into the system for nearly 50 years, this is a crime. The neigbors and I make sure she has firewood and check to see if she needs anything from town. Another lady almost the same situation her A/C went out. I called an emergency mens business meeting at the church so we could pay for her A/C. We informed the local A/C contractor he would repair her unit at cost. These ladies are not spend thrifts but the salt of the earth and the backbone our country was built on.
It is our duty to take care of the elderly.
We have been robbing the elderly to pay the bums for votes.

Kingfisher":3o1ix9vu said:
TexasBred":3o1ix9vu said:
We? You know I like you but I don't think the term " wetback" lends much other than.......anyway........my family is from South Texas and there ain't enough water in the river today to swim to Texas........so what is your point?!?

I don't care if you like me or not Teasipper !!! It's not important. Point is we don't need any more illegals in Texas or the other states. Call them what you want!!! "Wetback" is my word of choice. I'm sure you have your own name for them which is much more politically correct :lol2:

OH and by the way...I was born in Bolivia but "flew into the country". So I know a bit about "latinos", SA indians, etc.

I like the drug test idea- have thought they needed to do it for YEARS.

Only difference is that I would offer the failures a one time trip to an island and some help to clean up. And put them in school while there to learn a trade. Failure to pass both is a death sentence. (I know I'm not electable either).
My idea won't float and I doubt the drug test will float either.

I do think that limiting food stamps to essential life foods would work. Bread , milk, eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly.
Wouldn't be much demand for trading for drugs if that all you could buy. And eating the same food over and over is Real good incentive to get a job.

I think the bottom line is we need to find some way to teach responsibility rather than wasting money on enabling someone to continue down the wrong path. This path is going to grow exponentially and is unsustainable. When 52% of the population doesn't work and pay taxes rather than the 47% we have now, the wagon is going to tip over. I think its fair to say that the majority of us on this forum learned responsibility from our parents and possibly the church. These key elements are missing in too many childrens' lives today and they are learning that they don't have to be responsible because someone else or the government is going to take care of them. We've made it too easy to fail or not apply yourself. We have rewarded mediocracy. Seems everyone gets an award in the school system now. This has to change for everyone's sake. I can guarantee this will be painful. Just as it was extremely painful for me when on graduation night my daddy gave me two weeks to find a job and a place to live cause I was on my own and he meant every word. I first thought him a heartless SOB but now I view this as the most loving thing he ever did for me.

Agree 100% Joe. Kids today, no matter how hard we try, are bombarded daily with the fact that they don't have to try, failure is ok, and someone will always take care of them. I got kicked ouyt of my parents house at 16. Still, I finished school, graduating in the top 10%.the day I turned 18 I signed a lease on an apartment, and got married 6 months later. But yet, my same parents have allowed one of my brothers, now 28, to still live at home. Too many parents are lazy now, and when that's passed down to the kids, they have no desire to work or take pride in either themselves or their accomplishments. Why should they when they will still get a participation award. Nowadays, seems just being able to breathe will get you a free pass on life