Fixing to get a thousand dollars........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I think it is a good ideal?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-administration-seeks-to-send-checks-to-americans-as-part-of-stimulus-package/ar-BB11jcaH

There is a plan to send checks directly to Americans, as part of a $1 trillion stimulus plan to help households and businesses hit by the sudden economic slowdown triggered by the coronavirus pandemic.

Redgully said:
Not sure if it could be done but a freeze on all homeloan repayments for six months would be a good move too.
I saw some new car sales advertising that said they would bring the new car to you and no payments for 6 months.
I would say your FICO score would have to be up there though.

jltrent said:
Redgully said:
Not sure if it could be done but a freeze on all homeloan repayments for six months would be a good move too.
I saw some new car sales advertising that said they would bring the new car to you and no payments for 6 months.

The government here has put an instant 100% tax deduction on purchases up to $150 000, I've already had emails from truck yards. Just not sure now is the time to be spending money.

I saw Trump wants $800B, Bernie is calling for $2TRILLION (why is that not surprising?). Who's going to pay for all this when the bills are due? Are we going to wiping our butts with dollar bills when we run out of TP?

I will say this, though, it's kind of a scary time. My wife works for a university, and is in a department that is very, very integral in bringing money in. The problem is that there may be no money to bring in. They were talking furlough, maybe, yesterday in her staff meeting. I think this is going to hit a lot harder than anticipated a couple weeks ago.

Bestoutwest said:
I saw Trump wants $800B, Bernie is calling for $2TRILLION (why is that not surprising?). Who's going to pay for all this when the bills are due? Are we going to wiping our butts with dollar bills when we run out of TP?

I will say this, though, it's kind of a scary time. My wife works for a university, and is in a department that is very, very integral in bringing money in. The problem is that there may be no money to bring in. They were talking furlough, maybe, yesterday in her staff meeting. I think this is going to hit a lot harder than anticipated a couple weeks ago.

Shutting down the universities might not be a bad thing for awhile.
Good dose of CCC and WPA type programs would be a eye opening education for the snowflakes.

We've sent non-essential staff home (work from home). I think we all know what "work from home" means (LOL)

Caustic Burno said:
Shutting down the universities might not be a bad thing for awhile.
Good dose of CCC and WPA type programs would be a eye opening education for the snowflakes.

I've said it for years, there's enough bridge/road work in our country to supply jobs to a lot of folks. I just need to run for office I guess. I'd love to see those programs implemented again.

CCC paid workers $30 a month ($480 in today's dollars) + plus food, housing, and medical and dental care.
Workers were required to send almost all of that $30 home to their families each month.
Would it help? Maybe, assuming you could find people that were willing to perform labor for 1/3 less than what an E-1 in the US military currently makes. I've been around here enough to know not a single person here on this board would do it.
Currently a private in the US Army makes $20,797.20 basic pay/year (doesn't include bonuses, allowances for food, housing, medical etc) $20,797.20 ÷ 12 months = $1733.10/month (not including fed/state withholding) . Working four 40 hr weeks (160 hrs), that = $10.83/hr US Army pay.
$480 equivalent CCC pay tho ÷ by the same 160 hrs= $3/hr.
That's less than 1/2 of federal min wage.

greybeard said:
CCC paid workers $30 a month ($480 in today's dollars) + plus food, housing, and medical and dental care.
Workers were required to send almost all of that $30 home to their families each month.
Would it help? Maybe, assuming you could find people that were willing to perform labor for 1/3 less than what an E-1 in the US military currently makes. I've been around here enough to know not a single person here on this board would do it.
Currently a private in the US Army makes $20,797.20 basic pay/year (doesn't include bonuses, allowances for food, housing, medical etc) $20,797.20 ÷ 12 months = $1733.10/month (not including fed/state withholding) . Working four 40 hr weeks (160 hrs), that = $10.83/hr US Army pay.
$480 equivalent CCC pay tho ÷ by the same 160 hrs= $3/hr.
That's less than 1/2 of federal min wage.

That's easily fixed crank up the printers. You can raise pay to what ever you want. Shutdown SNAP to those who can work as well. A hollow belly has a way to incentivize a person.

Bestoutwest said:
I saw Trump wants $800B, Bernie is calling for $2TRILLION (why is that not surprising?). Who's going to pay for all this when the bills are due? Are we going to wiping our butts with dollar bills when we run out of TP?snip...

An article I read a couple days ago said the money was coming from asset forfeitures from druggies and the sort, not from taxes. Wished I had saved the link.

jltrent said:
Redgully said:

My cousin in the GM of a Ram Jeep Chrysler Dodge store. He said 580 scores on up can get 0% for 84 months on smaller Jeep SUV's. He said they have been slammed.

slick4591 said:
Bestoutwest said:
I saw Trump wants $800B, Bernie is calling for $2TRILLION (why is that not surprising?). Who's going to pay for all this when the bills are due? Are we going to wiping our butts with dollar bills when we run out of TP?snip...
An article I read a couple days ago said the money was coming from asset forfeitures from druggies and the sort, not from taxes. Wished I had saved the link.
So, the feds have just been sitting on $800 billion dollars waiting for a chance like this to give everybody a handout? Sounds 100% non-legit.

ga.prime said:
slick4591 said:
Bestoutwest said:
So, the feds have just been sitting on $800 billion dollars waiting for a chance like this to give everybody a handout? Sounds 100% non-legit.

Can't argue the fact, but with large seizures happening daily it wouldn't surprise me. You have to remember those seizures are not limited to cash. They also include real property, vehicles, jewelry and so forth. Those numbers can rise really fast.

The fed deficit spends and therefore have no saved money from drug seizures or taxes or any other source. Every 1000 dollar check they write will add to the deficit.

I think if you added up the value of all seized money and assets in the history of law enforcement, it would be a number less than $800 billion. Whatever that number is then gets greatly reduced when you subtract the cost of investigations, trials, prosecutions, and incarceration of convicted criminals and any money left over is not put in a rainy day fund.

ga.prime said:
I think if you added up the value of all seized money and assets in the history of law enforcement, it would be a number less than $800 billion. Whatever that number is then gets greatly reduced when you subtract the cost of investigations, trials, prosecutions, and incarceration of convicted criminals and any money left over is not put in a rainy day fund.

The cost of investigations, trials, prosecutions are not an added expense as those expenses are budgeted monthly salaried individuals being paid if they are working or just sitting at their desks. Incarcerations are paid for from a different 'already approved' budget, again not from asset forfeitures. The only part of the asset forfeitures funds used are to pay off any lien holders and people that have a legitimate claim to the property in question. These funds are controlled by the AG. I do know that if the property in question is not worth what is owed against it the case will be dropped as with any smart business deal. I won't begin to guess what those funds add up to as I'm only saying that the funds could be much more than one would guess.

The New Deal - -$1,000 per person per month?

Sounds like there has already been a big run on guns and ammo - - so I could just buy more cows. :banana:

Stocker Steve said:
The New Deal - -$1,000 per person per month?

Sounds like there has already been a big run on guns and ammo - - so I could just buy more cows. :banana:

Unfortunately, the price on the cows I collect has remained the same or I'd be looking for another couple.

Latest posts