First truck recommendations for sweet 16

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":3jsm6nhr said:
Schools do charge for parking permits on the taxes issue that will never happen.

I not talking about a few pennies they charge now.
Driving to school is a privilege not a right.
When the taxpayer is forced to foot the bill for transportation for your kid as well
as their education. My tax dollars were wasted on concrete for a parking lot versus classrooms and teachers.

We should not be taxed for public schools if the children do not use transportation provided by law,
that I am forced to subsidise.

Bigfoot":lgd9d6um said:
A car may not be the way to go, but I've seriously thought about getting one for myself as a daily driver. I'd just use my 3/4 ton when it was necessary, and hopefully get many more years of use out of it. Buicks and grand marquis are actually what I've had my eye on at the sales. They look brand new for a few thousand dollars. I'm the kind of guy that puts a pencil to everything. At some point running up and down the road in a 4 x 4 on a clear day with nothing in the back, and nothing hooked to it gets expensive.

Bought a 2013 Chevy Equinox routinely get 35 mpg on the highway.
Sits higher than a car to drive and has butt high seats don't have to fall in it.
Love it, rides good, gets great mileage and the F-250 that would cost 50k plus to
replace sits in the garage for when it is needed.
I got over the testosterone need for a truck years ago I like a thicker billfold.

Caustic Burno":2iakwyq9 said:
skyhightree1":2iakwyq9 said:
Schools do charge for parking permits on the taxes issue that will never happen.

When the taxpayer is forced to foot the bill for transportation for your kid as well
as their education. My tax dollars were wasted on concrete for a parking lot versus classrooms and teachers.

We should not be taxed for public schools if the children do not use transportation provided by law,

Here schools biggest funding comes from lottery $ taxes. I wish I could pay the tax amount the vast majority of people have to pay I'd never complain. My taxes that go towards schools are pennies.

Caustic Burno":ydrfuqwt said:
I think any kid who drives to school should have to reimburse the School District
their part of what it cost for the bus to run its route. I shouldn't have to pay the taxes for the bus to run by
your house and the concrete pad for your kid to drive and park a car at school.
Every person in the school district has to pay for the bus, maintenance, diesel and driver.
Cost the taxpayer as much if one kid is on the bus or 75.
I agree, but my kids are homeschooled so they don't cost you or any other tax payer. Although I am still forced to subsidize the system. She will be going to community college next year. My kids already have jobs other than at home. They already contribute. I was just asking advise on a truck because its been so long since I've kicked any tires. She needs a truck for more than one reason. A car will not survive my roads, and she will need to do errands and chores that need a truck bed. There is no such thing as a wasted trip to town. If she goes, she just like the others before her, will have a laundry list of things to take and bring back. Car is not an option.

Caustic Burno":2ez9s34s said:
skyhightree1":2ez9s34s said:

Caustic what do you think of the 60 million high school football stadium at Allen Texas

That football stadium is a bunch :bs:

Flat Bottom the older 2007-8 Chevy with the V-6 gets great mileage and survives
a wreck real good. Youngest boy had a semi pull out in front of him the engineering of how
the motor fell under and the crumple zones were impressive. Front and bed were wadded up
the cab was protected.

I just sold my little nissan versa I drove back and forth to work and bought an 06 chevy 1500 with a v6. It gets around 19 with mixed driving. It's big enough to do some light hauling. It has 105k and I gave 6400, I though it was worth it.

Most public high school kids from the country "here" drive or carpool to school because the district does not offer bus service.

I attended a private Benedictine high school in Rapid City and boarded with the same family all 4 yrs. The first 2 years the family had a house in the middle of town and I did ride the bus.

My junior and senior year the lady built a house in a new development where no bus service was offered. So I drove to school those last 2 yrs and home on weekends.

I rode that big yellow bus til the night I graduated. Only time I got to use the '58 Chevy "Biscayne" was on Saturday night and had to be home by 10PM....still have trouble staying up past 10PM. :lol2:

Lucky kids Ouachita :D , even though my parents could afford to buy us vehicles, we had to buy our own...a good lesson in life though.

TexasBred":2qxruw53 said:
I rode that big yellow bus til the night I graduated. Only time I got to use the '58 Chevy "Biscayne" was on Saturday night and had to be home by 10PM....still have trouble staying up past 10PM. :lol2:

I walked had to live a 1 mile from the school we lived 9 tenths.
Walked a mile to work as a butcher apprentice in HS and right at 2 miles back to
the house at 10 pm. If it was raining Dad would pick me up if I didn't catch a ride.
Finally saved enough money to buy a used 57 Chevy Apache with three on the tree.
I wasn't syhtin in high cotton but I was definitely fartin in tall weeds.

Caustic Burno":2xiq4ti9 said:
Finally saved enough money to buy a used 57 Chevy Apache with three on the tree.
I wasn't syhtin in high cotton but I was definitely fartin in tall weeds.

I betcha when you picked up that Chevy Apache and took off the 1st time you had to stop about half way home, get out and let your a$$ laugh. :lol2: :lol2:

BTW CB....our "Biscayne" had a push button radio too....only accessory on it. :cowboy:

fwiw here is my opinion get a full size standard cab short bet truck as new as you can afford. #1 it will be safer having 3 kids and all 3 of mine totaling there first vehicle you will get some piece of mind. #2 standard cab truck will haul 3 people there is no room for a bunch of friend to be in the vehicle distracting the driver.
#3 standard cabs are more affordable.

My first was a 59 Apache with 4 in the floor. That 235 still tached out about 70mph.
I paid $600 for that truck, had a newly rebuilt motor and a straight body. Wish I still had it or could one like it.
On the manual shift tranny, my older daughter did not want one until she learned the boys thought that was cool a girl could drive a stick.

M5farm":2ofzikya said:
fwiw here is my opinion get a full size standard cab short bet truck as new as you can afford. #1 it will be safer having 3 kids and all 3 of mine totaling there first vehicle you will get some piece of mind. #2 standard cab truck will haul 3 people there is no room for a bunch of friend to be in the vehicle distracting the driver.
#3 standard cabs are more affordable.
That's what I'm shopping now. All the older kids started the same way, but gas was about half what it is now. I thought if I could get a newer small truck (with air bags and these newer design safety features) she could save $$. Obviously not enough difference to matter. And after looking, there isn't a cost savings on the front end purchase either

Ouachita":18cydfw5 said:
My first was a 59 Apache with 4 in the floor. That 235 still tached out about 70mph.
I paid $600 for that truck, had a newly rebuilt motor and a straight body. Wish I still had it or could one like it.
On the manual shift tranny, my older daughter did not want one until she learned the boys thought that was cool a girl could drive a stick.

I seen one on an antique car site for 39k with a 235 in it.
Sure wish I had held on to mine now.

Caustic Burno":30ajo0x6 said:
Ouachita":30ajo0x6 said:

Who knew those old trucks would ever be worth that much? Hindsight is often over rated, foresight is often overlooked.

Ouachita":2we4tsue said:
Caustic Burno":2we4tsue said:
Ouachita":2we4tsue said:

Who knew those old trucks would ever be worth that much? Hindsight is often over rated, foresight is often overlooked.

Thought this might help
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventoryl ... =undefined

Latest posts