First time heifers,what AI bull

Help Support CattleToday:

wideurt

Reaction score
Thinking about what bull to use for AI. Been looking at Ali.Small birth weight.Any body know of another canidate.Heifers were born Feb to April 06.Want AI in May

What I,ve got arecrosses .One pure angus.One is 1/4sim 3/4 angus One is1/2 &1/2. One was sired payback One sired sandman. Pretty much all crosses. My main concern is their first time Want small birth weights..My first too Ha Ha. Really hope not to have to do any pulling.If I do I do.

If you are looking for some Angus bulls, Northern Improvement is great, or if you want a little more style, his son Juneau is good too. Have used both with alot of success in both heifers and bulls/steers. Good luck though.

Since you asked :p you might look at my bull Simme Valley Macho As U - top 1% for Calving Ease & Birth Weight and top 1% money index API (top 20% or better for Stay, Milk, Maternal Calving Ease & REA.
He is recommended for use on British heifers (of breeding size). Nebraska Univ used 65 units of semen on commercial Angus heifers last year.
He will give you show quality calves, with lots of guts & muscle and good disposition.
Couldn't resist :p the devil made me do it!
You can see him on my web site:
http://www.SimmeValley.com

stephE":2rw4tcu3 said:
If you are looking for some Angus bulls, Northern Improvement is great, or if you want a little more style, his son Juneau is good too. Have used both with alot of success in both heifers and bulls/steers. Good luck though.
Northern is good

Since you have Angus and Simmi crosses, are you looking to get into a purebred op or are you looking to stay cross and go clubby. That is what you want to answer first. There are good bulls out there, you just have to look into what you want and factor that in there,

Here is my list I consider depending on breed (these are a little more club calf choices)

Maine ----- Ali or Witch Doctor
Angus ------ Old School, Legend, Norther Improvement, Griz
Simmental ---- Macho

I have had good success with all. Except I have never used Macho but he is on my to do list for Simmental Easy calving bull.

aplusmnt":3k7a0jbw said:
Here is my list I consider depending on breed (these are a little more club calf choices)

Simmental ---- Macho

I have had good success with all. Except I have never used Macho but he is on my to do list for Simmental Easy calving bull.
:oops: :D Thanks!! - he's talking about Macho As U not 3C Macho I think! :p

If you like red, Basin Hobo 79E from ABS might bear some looking into.

dun

Jeanne - Simme Valley":d82odo7l said:
aplusmnt":d82odo7l said:

Simmental ---- Macho

:oops: :D Thanks!! - he's talking about Macho As U not 3C Macho I think! :p
So when are you going to breed us a red one of those? Sure would make some nice red Simangus!

Latest posts