First Eagle

Help Support CattleToday:

Awesome bird just not expecting to see one in the Piney Woods of East Texas. Supposed to be some around the lakes here never seen them when hunting.

yeah we used to have one on the farm that hung out in a lone pine near the pond. saw him catch a big catfish one day. dont know where he went..

They're thicker'n fleas in many parts of Canada.

Used to feed one scrap fish from my In-Laws dock on Mahood Lake in British Columbia.

When the salmon run on the west coast they are lined up like folks waiting for the bank teller.

Do not see them east of north central Ontario very often - not sure about the east coast.

Nice bird.

Bez

I hate to say it, but Alaska use to have a bounty on them up until the early fifties. Also, Alaska is home to more than half the words bald eagles population. Just a little trivia!

Rod ;-)

I see one once in a blue moon but they're rare enough to still be an impressive sight. We're getting enough of the Mexican eagles (cara cara) up here now that usually when I think I've spotted a bald eagle it turns out to be one of them.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":3iha4voa said:
I see one once in a blue moon but they're rare enough to still be an impressive sight. We're getting enough of the Mexican eagles (cara cara) up here now that usually when I think I've spotted a bald eagle it turns out to be one of them.

Craig-TX

We see them a good deal, but it's still and impressive sight for me. In WA on Puget Sound they would come down to winter. There would be one sitting on every piling. Good thing was the gulls stayed away during that time.

dun

We have spent Christmas the last couple of years at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We went on snowmobiles to Old Faithful in Yellowstone, we stopped at one of the water falls on one of the rivers, it was really snowing that day, as we turned to go and get back on the snowmobiles, there was a bald eagle flying up the river toward us. It was a beautiful sight. Also, at Gros Venture, back toward Jackson, there was a bald eagle that hung out an hunted along the river there too. We got some really good pics. This year it hadn't snowed as much yet down in the valley when we were there and one of the last days that we were there we saw a couple of eagles along the river.

Yellowstone is beautiful in the winter with all the snow, if you see it in winter it will ruin you for a summer or fall visit.

Latest posts