First Blizzard Here

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Cows were looking hard at the corrals last night. They knew the storm was coming, but were not willing to take a chance on losing some freedom. We bale graze remote paddocks. Cows on the home place always come back before big weather hits, and on the other farm they move into the trees.

Plan to get the snowmobiles out once the wind dies down. Nothing like riding sleds in for Happy Hour. :banana:

No snow here, yet. Blowing right over us. You can have it all. Sure enjoying open fields for as long as I can. But radar shows a heavy band over us around 1 pm, so we might get a skiff yet today.

My wife and I just came in from sitting in the porch swing, a pleasant evening in the 60's they say it won't get out of the 40's tomorrow so we just enjoyed it.

Still blowing hard. Just got done stoking the wood boiler, and feeding hay in the corral slush. Closed the gate, and will sort off a few old girls tomorrow to hold for the black Friday cow sale.

Mowed the grass yesterday (62 degrees at the high point) and did some spraypainting of some furniture outside. Got the lawn hoses and mowers cleaned and put away; plow and snow tires on truck. Temp dropped from about 60 at 4pm to 20-something and heavy snow by 1am. Plowed 3x today and still coming down. Cows are looking around like "what the heck just happened?"

Guess winter arrived with a bang!

Latest posts