First calf of 2012

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
The first one finally arrived. This is a new heifer calf out of my Mitty In Focus sired heifer. I A.I.'d this heifer to a low BW Balancer bull named McMinnville Anchor as he has been a pretty much slam dunk calving ease bull everytime I have used him. She was born about 7:30 this morning and was up nursing in 15 minutes. By 9:00 she was following her momma around. Active little critter. Here she is still wet about 30 minutes after being born. I doubt she weighs over 65 lbs.
IMG00597-20120318-0803.jpg

Here she is about 3:30 this afternoon sticking close to momma.
IMG00600-20120318-1456.jpg

Kathie in Thorp":pb58yhyz said:
Who did you get the semen from, Hoss? I want to get some BA semen in my tank, but I really want a low BW factor via an all-around nice bull.

I got the Mitty In Focus semen through as ABS rep in my area.

The semen from the Balancer bull (McMinnville Anchor) I get from the owner of the bull who happens to be the ABS rep. :lol: I think you can get Anchor semen through the Bull Barn or Cattleman's Connection.

Crazy cows! In Focus heifer #2 must have calved last night sometime. She had been hiding her calf in the woods. I didn't know she had calved and I actually checked her at 3:30 this afternoon and she didn't appear any closer to calving than yesterday......for good reason.....she had already calved yesterday. I feel stupid. Anyway it is a nice heifer calf and a spitting image of the one above so there is no need to post a pic :lol: Same size, shape, color etc.