Financial Adjustments to Current Politics ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
The low interest rates and government stimulus check experiments have ended. It is not clear how the resulting high inflation will end. What adjustments are you making to prepare for what is coming?

My plan the last several years has been to just make a living doing what I would do if I was rich or retired. It is working out pretty good so far. Got one more major adjustment I would like to make but got to get the wife on board, no luck so far so I will just do as much of that as I can til she figures it out.

The system is set up so you don't win just like the lottery. If you don't play you don't have to worry about winning. Life is short and money overated. I try to stock up on cash, ammo and common sense when I can. Mostly I just enjoy everyday best I can and try to set it up so I can enjoy tomorrow even more if I am lucky enough to get it.

I was sitting with these wealthy guys last night and they were talking about the banking stuff going on. I was just sipping my drink listening. One finally asked me what I thought. I told him it doesn't really effect me. The guys effected by the banking stuff hang themselves, od in bath tubs, or crash sports cars in to walls.

Start taking things from the middle, or worse the lower class, and I will be worried.

You just gotta keep on keeping on. We're going to try and not borrow at high interest rates and continue to invest in the stock market while prices are low (just like we do when it's up 😁). We do have one big project we might have to do and it's got me a little nervous with rates and inflation. I'm sure we'll survive though just like we always do.

Big garden, canning and freezing... might invest in another freezer.... Lowe's has them at pretty good prices right now and free financing or 5% off if paid in full....Less cost than the one I bought when I moved into this house in 2020.... what little I have in retirement account invested in low return, no risk... SS..... pay off what little debt I still have left, except mtg as that is under 3%....invest a little in market in a couple stocks that are paying 8-10% dividends.... get the rest of the work done on the house... maybe people will be looking for work because they sure don't want to work now.... finish fencing the property.... ammo and stock up on things that won't go bad....

Lots of volatility in the markets if you think you are a great trader, but I think most of us would be better off paying down debt and reducing inputs.
We've gotten to the point that we aren't using fert or any chemicals. Mowing what's grow. Buy hay to cover what I can't produce.

Price of fuel is what worries me. Gonna thin herd heavy when spring grass is done or their condition is fat enough.

I'm thinking holding physical stuff better than a pile of dollars right about now. Fortunate to not be in any debt. Thank the Lord.

Can't make my mind up on a few things w the uncertainty.

One finally asked me what I thought. I told him it doesn't really effect me.
"Well, somebody told us Wall Street fell.. but we were so poor, we couldn't tell.
The cotton was short, and the weeds was' tall
But Mr. Roosevelt's a'gonna save us all"

Song of the South by Alabama.

(NOT implying that you (or anyone else) is poor.. )

The low interest rates and government stimulus check experiments have ended. It is not clear how the resulting high inflation will end. What adjustments are you making to prepare for what is coming?
paid down debt, not using the line of credit, dont need to purchase anything, but want to get some stuff, so needs and wants are in play. will buy a few +/- five weight calves with cash, maybe some junk or slaughter cows and sell as hamburger. haven't figured that out completely yet.

Latest posts