Finally raining, sort of............

Help Support CattleToday:

Finally checked the gauge and we got over four inches, most of that falling over night. Don't know how much over 'cause my gauge only measures to four.

Chris

Caustic Burno":3uy7mqx0 said:
Looks like you La boys are about to drown according to radar.

Yep.

My rain gauge overflowed at 6" for last night. A friends overflowed at 10". Never thought we would need a rain gauge that large :)

My buddy in Many, LA over by Toledo Bend got 16" in 24 hours!

No complaints from me. My land is high and sandy. I live on a natural bluff created by the Mississippi umpteen years ago. There are a lot of people in lower areas having trouble though.

Lousianna is sooooo danged flat. 1/2 an inch and I bet ya'll would be flooded from the road ditches.
6" is a little much though. I wish you all well.

I just moved my cattle to high ground. Flooding in the bottoms today. Supposed to let up tomorrow I think. The wind is howling.

AND, come to find out, I STILL don't have to roof fixed right. :x :( :(

We ended up with 2 inches. Started up yesterday morning between 3-4, woke up twice wondering what the heck the "sound" was and finally figured out it was rain. Guess it had been a while since I'd been in bed and heard it raining.

Friend just west of us picked up over 4 inches.

It was actually green in places this morning. Supposed to be up in the 70's today and tomorrow. 5 day forecast has two 50% chances it won't rain thrown in.

J

We got 'bout 3.5 inches Mon Was raining all morning,so went back to bed and slept for 4hours(had been up most of the night coughing)

We got 5" yesterday. Tanks are almost full, one tank that I had cleaned out was running over the spillway yesterday evening and the creek came out of banks down in the bottom. No more hauling water this year!!!!!!

cypressfarms":2dhhjbt9 said:
Caustic Burno":2dhhjbt9 said:

Yep.

My rain gauge overflowed at 6" for last night. A friends overflowed at 10". Never thought we would need a rain gauge that large :)

No complaints from me. My land is high and sandy. I live on a natural bluff created by the Mississippi umpteen years ago. There are a lot of people in lower areas having trouble though.

We are still flooded in as of this morning, heck we are high and dry on the hills just can't cross the creeks yet.

Rained for 12 hours and we we got a whopping 1.19 inches. Just what the doctor ordered for all of the seed I've gotten drilled in the past week or so. Didn;t do anything for the ponds, but right now the grass is far more important

dun

cypressfarms":gk24u95h said:
Caustic Burno":gk24u95h said:

Yep.

Cypress did you guys avoid the tornado's and high winds?

It's supposed to rain more today---Youall in Houston and LA take care--- Always way too little,or way too much! :)

We're about an hour south of St. Louis and had right at 3" by Tuesday afternoon. They are calling for nearly the same thing again starting this afternoon, and they're almost always right! :roll:

fit2btied":2e31lc91 said:
We're about an hour south of St. Louis and had right at 3" by Tuesday afternoon. They are calling for nearly the same thing again starting this afternoon, and they're almost always right! :roll:

You must habe better weather liars then we have around here. If you listen for 4 forcasts you get 4 totally different predictions (lies).

dun

dun":3ffe4hte said:
fit2btied":3ffe4hte said:

You must habe better weather liars then we have around here. If you listen for 4 forcasts you get 4 totally different predictions (lies).

dun

I favor the NWS. They give a forecast for a location specific. TV weather men and women give a forecast for a viewing area. Could be a hundred miles N-S. It's noaa.com, I think. Put in your zip code. It's my home page.

I told my ex that she should tell me about our daughter only if she started to date a meteorlogist. That would bring out the shotgun.

john250":3b9mqjgt said:
I favor the NWS. They give a forecast for a location specific. TV weather men and women give a forecast for a viewing area. Could be a hundred miles N-S. It's noaa.com, I think. Put in your zip code. It's my home page.

For this area the NWS has 2 forcasts. One is based on Springfield and one on the area north of Rolla. Problem is we're half way between Rolla and Springfield.

Our weather patterns are pretty simple...
Rains most of the time except for snow.
Rain stops in late June...pastures dry up, pull cows off by mid July, feed hay.
Rains again in mid October...cold, muddy and feed hay
Snows off and on mid Nov to mid April...still feding hay.
May...pasture until mid July.
Pattern vaires by a couple of weeks...this year we had a three weeks more drought than usual.
Folks with a bit more elevation have pasture alot longer.
Just my two bits worth. DMc

We had another 3" in the gauge yesterday. The creek crossings are closed and most of the remaining tanks are flowing over the spillways. This is the most stock water we've had in over two years.

Latest posts