Finally got the saddle I wanted

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Finally :banana:

Been bidding on Circle Y saddles for weeks on ebay. Just got the one that I won in the mail today. Very nice! 17" Park & Trail in excellent condition. There was plenty on ebay but I needed an 8" gullet to fit my big TWH mare cause she is actually built like a big quarter horse. Gullets widths of this size are hard to find but finally I did.

I have ridden in Circle Y saddles before and really liked them so I sold my American Saddlery saddle and went on an ebay mission. Does anyone else out there have a Circle Y and if you do how do you like yours?

I just got a Big Sky flex trail saddle about 6 months ago. Looks just like a ranch or roping saddle, but way lighter. I like it real well, and my horse does, too. The only problem is that it does not have a padded seat, and I don't either. And that ain't really a problem. The more I use it, the more comfortable it gets.

Circle Y are the only saddles I've ever bought. I'm not smart enough to know the difference, but I sure like them. Don't think I'd ever buy a different kind - unless I win the lottery and can have one custom made :)

I've got one of their roping saddles. I love it, but it is heavy - I would guess 50 to 60 pounds. The wife used to barrel race professionally. She used the Circle Y Martha Josey back then. Still does now.

Was talking to a trainer friend and asked him his thoughts on Circle-Y. He laughed and said "15 years ago they made a good saddle". "They farm out most stuff now and quality is low". I have no opinion as I have never owned one but was considering buying one.

I think that in the few years Circle Y was bought out by Tucker. I got two brochures and they have the same address in Yoakum, Texas. Maybe one of you Texans out there might know for sure. Anyway the one that I bought is several years old but in almost new condition exceptin' the stiff leather part :D

HOSS":1y1yx7r5 said:
I think that in the last few years Circle Y was bought out by Tucker. I got two brochures and they have the same address in Yoakum, Texas. Maybe one of you Texans out there might know for sure. Anyway the one that I bought is several years old but in almost new condition exceptin' the stiff leather part :D

Found this announcement on the web so I guess the merger was true after all.

Tucker Saddles is one of the industry leaders for creating comfortable, durable trail saddles. For 30 years Tucker has dedicated themselves to the development, design, and manufacturing of trails saddles that would provide the ultimate in comfort for both the rider and the horse. Tucker Trail Saddles are one of the standards in quality and style for trail riders throughout the world.

Tucker Saddlery, Inc., founded almost 30 years ago, has lead the industry with the development, design and manufacture of saddles and accessories for trail riders. Tucker's patented Gel-Cush™ Shock Absorbing Seat, built into every Tucker saddle, provides riders Ultimate Trail Comfort. Only the finest leathers and materials available in the industry today are used in the production of Tucker Trail saddles. Tucker saddles, all built in the USA, are the standard in quality and style for trail riders throughout the world.

In July of 2003, combining nearly 75 years of saddle making experience, Tucker Saddlery, Inc. teamed with Circle Y Saddles, Inc. One of the most recognizable brands in the industry, Circle Y has a long standing reputation for building quality saddles for a variety of western horse disciplines. Together, they bring an unparalleled level of craftsmanship, innovation and quality to the products produced by both brands.

HOSS":6bp9ctx8 said:
Finally :banana:

Been bidding on Circle Y saddles for weeks on ebay. Just got the one that I won in the mail today. Very nice! 17" Park & Trail in excellent condition. There was plenty on ebay but I needed an 8" gullet to fit my big TWH mare cause she is actually built like a big quarter horse. Gullets widths of this size are hard to find but finally I did.

I have ridden in Circle Y saddles before and really liked them so I sold my American Saddlery saddle and went on an ebay mission. Does anyone else out there have a Circle Y and if you do how do you like yours?

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so you were the one that kept running the price up :D :D :D
finally managed to buy this one,I really like it but I hafta admit,I have an old Tex tan that fits me and horse better.................good luck
c519_3.JPG

Just my opinion but I just don't like any saddle that has the D ring rigging built into the skirt. Put any name you want on it and I still won't buy it like that.

yes Circle Y is subing a lot of there saddles out selling there name. was told by a dealer if s# starts with a 1 circle y made it .

i have a flat seat cutter Circle Y it was built in 1994. i wore it out once and they fixed it. i sold a lot of saddles for them by letting poeple ride in it.

Latest posts