Fertilizer buggy issue/farm store responsibility?

Help Support CattleToday:

No buggy rent here. Best i can tell most are junk. Had one last fall so bad they had to shovel into different one. For me to finish. That junk is cost of doing business the rent i guess. Watch like eagle at all times.

tom4018 said:
I spoke with them. Going to knock off buggy rent ans discount some fertilizer. Kinda of wanted other opinions and I want to continue to do business with them.

Sounds like he appreciates you as a customer. :clap:

Spreader is figured in the fertilizer cost....you can get a discount on the price of fertilizer if you have your own.

bird dog said:
No rental charge here either. Maybe they make it up in the cost of the product. I know one thing, Urea has gone from $350/ton last November to $446 last week. Meanwhile calf prices have gone about the same percentage in the other direction.

I noticed everything going up right along with the booming economy. We'll see how it measures up to the deliberately "ruined" economy.

Not my year for fertilizer buggies. Wanted to top dress after first cutting and with a forecast of some days of rain I decided to do it today. They told me the setting and I looked also but didn't know the buggy was in high range. Nothing on the buggy to tell you what is high or low. So several acres got about 80 units of nitrogen. Hope it rains and doesn't burn it up.

kenny thomas said:
It should really grow. What kind of grass

Martin 2 fescue , quick draw orchard grass and baling bluegrass. A few acres got some Ky 31 in it.

kenny thomas said:
If you get good rains and it stays cool you will want to do it again next year. Lol

Starting tomorrow and for a few days they are forecasting rain. This ground is a little wet natured anyway. Who knows what the temps will do, my luck it will be hot and dry. This field did over 6 4x5 rolls on first cutting per acre.

kenny thomas said:
That's a good turnoff. Let me know how this works out. I'm already planning for Urea on Labor day weekend.
It does have one negative effect already, more money to finish the other field.

Latest posts