Feedback on this bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

hcrancher

Reaction score
3W_6-19-11_2.jpg

Here is a photo of the Balancer bull we've been raising (sire and dam are registered Balancers from OZZ cattle). His ear tag is 3W. We're kinda proud of him. Comments?

Yu didn't do him any favors with that pose. If you don't mind please PM me his reg number. I have a lot of OZZ blood and would like to see what's behind him.

Try to get a better side shot with him standing better if possible. Did you breed him or did J Oswald. If he is last years calf then I have seen him in person.

3waycross":2caefecy said:
Yu didn't do him any favors with that pose. If you don't mind please PM me his reg number. I have a lot of OZZ blood and would like to see what's behind him.

Try to get a better side shot with him standing better if possible. Did you breed him or did J Oswald. If he is last years calf then I have seen him in person.

He would have been born in 2009 3way .

hillsdown":356qyc96 said:
3waycross":356qyc96 said:

He would have been born in 2009 3way .

Thanks HD I missed the ..W

0619110841a.jpg

This is another photo I took yesterday in the 100 degree heat. Is it any better? (Obviously I'm not that great at photographing cattle.) He really looks good in person, although he's young yet.

Any chance you would PM me his registration number.?

The way he is standing makes him look shallow in the heartgirth and kinda hunched in the loin. Try to get a shot square sideways with him squared up on his base.

3waycross":31ovzop7 said:
The way he is standing makes him look shallow in the heartgirth and kinda hunched in the loin. Try to get a shot square sideways with him squared up on his base.

THe photography is really hurting him; but the same flaws appear in two entirely different photo sets. I don't want to jump to conclusions but......

No, I'm not tall, but I was standing up on my ATV. Lesson learned! He was standing in the same spot when the photos were taken - he just turned his head for the 2nd shot and I zoomed in.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3sr77km2 said:
I like the cows much better than the bull. They all have good square looking hips. He does not. He does appear to have a well muscled loin.
what about that hunch looks like he might break down early,, sure wouldnt want any females with that topline

ALACOWMAN":3hz6f1ga said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3hz6f1ga said:
I like the cows much better than the bull. They all have good square looking hips. He does not. He does appear to have a well muscled loin.
what about that hunch looks like he might break down early,, sure wouldnt want any females with that topline

virtually all of the cows are related to him somehow and maybe that calf in the background...Doesn't look too bad to me.

I do agree on one thing those are darned sure some nice cows.

He weighed only 60 lbs. at birth, grew fast, is very black, good scrotal circum., good disposition and gets the job done. We'll watch that back end. Yes, the calf in the background is his from the red angus cow. Thanks for the comments.

Latest posts