Feed in a Drum

Help Support CattleToday:

We stick our 250lb tubs in a big truck/semi-tire. The local tire guys will give them away if they can't repair them. When they are empty, we cut the sides of the tub down to about 8-10 inches with and use them for grain feeders for the project steers or whatever. We pay $79 for a 250lb. tub @ 17% protein. I believe the lower protein ones are a few bucks cheaper.

CWT Angus":25gr5ys6 said:
We stick our 250lb tubs in a big truck/semi-tire. The local tire guys will give them away if they can't repair them. When they are empty, we cut the sides of the tub down to about 8-10 inches with and use them for grain feeders for the project steers or whatever. We pay $79 for a 250lb. tub @ 17% protein. I believe the lower protein ones are a few bucks cheaper.

The 250 lbs tubs that I get have a (core charge) on the barrel I get $7.00 back when I return tub. They are crystalyx high mag costs me $62.90 total after core return.JHH

Tod Dague":3m1ai6u7 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3m1ai6u7 said:
Crowderfarms":3m1ai6u7 said:
Never seen it in a 50lb. Tub. Sounds too high for a little bit of it.

Think its a 50. I'll check might could be wrong.
Do you toss it out of the truck or do you kick it out. If you toss it, it's 50 lbs. if you kick, shove, or drag it out it's 200 or more lbs.

I am a buff little fart :) I usually just slide it to the back of the flatbed pick it up and set it off on slab.

Dad and I use Feed in a Drum and Vita Ferm free choice mineral and mineral blocks {always keep 2 where they can get at m}

dun":3qmjt8ul said:
ANother of those I must be getting old things. We used to get 50 and 150 lb salt blocks with a hollow half way up the inside so you could but them over a T-post to keep them off the ground and keep the cows from moving them around. Now I can;t even find the 50s with a hole in the middle. When did they quit making those things?

dun

I have never seen a 150 lb salt block, but the 50 lb'rs with the hollow are still sold around here. Must be a regional thing.

Wilson_Cattle_Company":12uopwd1 said:
Tod Dague":12uopwd1 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":12uopwd1 said:
Crowderfarms":12uopwd1 said:

Do you toss it out of the truck or do you kick it out. If you toss it, it's 50 lbs. if you kick, shove, or drag it out it's 200 or more lbs.

I am a buff little fart :) I usually just slide it to the back of the flatbed pick it up and set it off on slab.

Dad and I use Feed in a Drum and Vita Ferm free choice mineral and mineral blocks {always keep 2 where they can get at m}
Well if it is 50 lbs my little girl could pick it up. :roll: If it is 250 then you are not using your head. :p

Tod Dague":7xdg6pav said:
If it is 250 then you are not using your head. :p

He will pay for it before he hits 30.
My Grandpa always told me that he knew he was gonna live this long he'd have taken better care of himself.

Tod Dague":mxekgrjq said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":mxekgrjq said:
Tod Dague":mxekgrjq said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":mxekgrjq said:
Crowderfarms":mxekgrjq said:

Well if it is 50 lbs my little girl could pick it up. :roll: If it is 250 then you are not using your head. :p

No I was off. Its a 250 not a 50. Sorry for confusion.

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2pongdr7 said:
Tod Dague":2pongdr7 said:
Tod Dague":2pongdr7 said:
Crowderfarms":2pongdr7 said:

Don't worry just giving you a hard time. ;-)

Tod Dague":qm96lklp said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":qm96lklp said:
Crowderfarms":qm96lklp said:

LOL

Everyone gives me a hard time. I'am used to it.

Wow! Are you people aware of what you are paying per Ton? How many hats to those feed salesmen give you? Test your hay - I'll bet you need TDN ( energy) Not Protein (urea). Corn is cheap - so why throw that $$$ away?

Glad I have moved my calving time more in sync with nature so I do not have to supplement cows with all the profit available in a calf!

Larry Sansom":283xohph said:
Wow! Are you people aware of what you are paying per Ton? How many hats to those feed salesmen give you? Test your hay - I'll bet you need TDN ( energy) Not Protein (urea). Corn is cheap - so why throw that $$$ away?

Glad I have moved my calving time more in sync with nature so I do not have to supplement cows with all the profit available in a calf!

Because, It is a good supplement. You get what you pay for. Feed in a Drum is a wonderful supplement; Cattle love it!

Tod Dague":3556e1d6 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":3556e1d6 said:
Crowderfarms":3556e1d6 said:

Im a buff fat old man ain't no way I'm picking up a 250 pound tub and sitting it on a slab. Save your back now before its to late. Work smart, Your back will thank you in 30 years.

Latest posts