Favorite place?

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":zhl3i9e2 said:
Ryder":zhl3i9e2 said:
Down in the pasture, at night, looking at the stars, and listening to the stillnes.
Me too. Except, in the evening cause I am afraid of the dark.
If it has been a hot day, if you lay down, you can smell the green.
But I have noticed that you can see the stars better at night. :D

Fishing in one of the strip mine pits and watching the cows and calves all at the same time.

Ryder":2etndi3w said:
But I have noticed that you can see the stars better at night. :D
I am scared of the dark, I worry more about what I cannot see, than what I can :shock:
check your pm's.

Angie I think sometimes i'm always in the dark.
And I don't think you'd want to lay down in the pastures down here,Fire ants would pack ya off.

Cal

I have a view of the Cumberland Mountains from my back porch and the sun rises from behind them. I will have a lake view (i hope soon) from the front porch and the sun sets over it. I can see cows from both spots. I also like to go out in the pasture and watch cows eat. I like to be close enough to hear them cropping the grass. Very relaxing.

When we farmed in WVa. our farm was on a hill that over looked the Ohio River. Although we would have to drive 7 miles to reach the river we were only 2000 feet above it. Used to sit and watch the coal barges go up and down the river. Powhatten Ohio was just across the river from us, you could see people walking in the streets and sometimes hear their conversations. On mornings when it was foggy It was neat to hear the fog horns.

At the river down back. Watching the Bald Eagle who lives there. He watches me back. Or just out in the pasture just before dusk when the calves are having calf races dodging through the cows.
This time of the year my favorite place is as close to the wood stove as i can get.

GMN, this is a great post....I just love to read the replies to it. Everyone's places sound so beautiful and serene. It sounds like folks sure do love their land and get such a great sense peace from it. :D

ummm I guess that be in the barn when the calves are tied up and just hearing the great sounds of the fans and the smell of feed and hay 8)

That would have to be sitting under cypress trees late in the day, watching our cattle graze. Also, clipping our pastures in the summer, enjoying the smell of fresh cut grass.

Calman":1h7n902s said:
Angie I think sometimes i'm always in the dark.
And I don't think you'd want to lay down in the pastures down here,Fire ants would pack ya off.

Cal
I understand what you are saying about being in the dark....

If you lay there too long the misquitoes come out. We have misquitoes here big enough to rape a chicken.

If you lay there much longer than that, the children find you and your gig is up :roll:

But, for awhile, it is a good, good place to be.

I thought about this since it was posted. I have a beautiful spring that I like to sit at but it is to quit and I find myself thinking about problems of the day at work. So I think I prefer to be where the cattle are and just observe what they are eating or doing at the time. I focus on them and all the problems seem to go away. This is how I wind up every day before I go home and face a whole new set of problems.

My favorite place is this when I go walking, in the woods, there are rocks that are huge in the creek, that are flat, and they go all the way down to the main creek, there is a bluff at the end, I like to sit at and just watch and listen to all the sounds, very peaceful.

GMN

The last couple of days my favorite place has been huddled in front of the heater trying to stay warm!

dun":p3wd2ah5 said:
The last couple of days my favorite place has been huddled in front of the heater trying to stay warm!

Oh c'mon I thought you were a tough farmer! ;-)

GMN

GMN":nsc4pawv said:
dun":nsc4pawv said:

GMN

Nope, just an old one.

GMN":2xc6rcv6 said:
dun":2xc6rcv6 said:

GMN

I am with Dun on this one if I could just get the Mrs. to run up the hill to the barn, crank the tractor, turn on the heater and let it be warming up till after breakfast it wouldn't be as bad.

Caustic Burno":23q8scf4 said:
GMN":23q8scf4 said:
dun":23q8scf4 said:

GMN

I am with Dun on this one if I could just get the Mrs. to run up the hill to the barn, crank the tractor, turn on the heater and let it be warming up till after breakfast it wouldn't be as bad.

She might do that, if you cooked the breakfast!

GMN

Latest posts