Favorite place?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have two spring fed streams that come together in the woods in the back of my place.
I could sit there all day watching all the game and just listening.

Hum, well that is a hard one cuz I like it all. But I love my new barn, and I like sitting at the south door watching the girls do their thing and dream about what I want to do to get the place whipped into shape. It is a work in progress...heavy on the work. Of course the view out the North door isn't bad either, the Grand River is across the road which can be seen now with the trees being bare.

Depends on the time of year, where the cows are, etc. There was one spot in the front woods that I really liked because of the spring that ran through it. It's been dry now for 4 years unless we get a heavy rain for a couple of days. It runs for a couple of days afterwards. Used to tun all year round, but no more. Also enjoy the area down around the old log cabin especailly in the spring. Never know what flowers are going to pop up from when the Barrs first built the cabin. There is a rocked in spreing hole that still has a bit of water almost all the time, neat spot. Just too many places. can;t pick just one. Don;t care much for the house, that would be my least favorite. But I don;t like being in a house, but I can watch the cows graze in a couple of pasutes from here, so it isn;t all bad.

At the house (only 16 acres there) it has to be at the rose trellis, early in the a.m. with dew in the air, all quiet, with a cup of coffee.

At the river, under the pecan trees, on the upper edge of the lower flood plain.

I'm trying to figure wheither its setting on the east porch drinking coffe watching the sun come up,and making plans for the day,or setting on the west porch watching the sunset drinking a beverage and thinking of things i didn't get done that day.

There is a rock shaped like a lounge chair sitting on a cliff overlooking the river valley. You can get a good view. I have often wondered if it wasn't a look out post in another time.

On a very high hill about 1/4 mile behind my house. I can see my house, barn, sheds, etc. It's almost like flying over.

We bought the land next to us a couple of years ago and had it cleared except for about 2 acres on the back side. It's got rolling hills and a creek in it. I keep a deer feeder out all the time and love to sit down there in a deer blind with a cold brew and watch the deer and other stuff come thru. (We don't hunt) About the most relaxing place I can find. We're thinking about building a cabin back there in the woods "just for the heck of it".

TexasBred":28rzzio8 said:
We bought the land next to us a couple of years ago and had it cleared except for about 2 acres on the back side. It's got rolling hills and a creek in it. I keep a deer feeder out all the time and love to sit down there in a deer blind with a cold brew and watch the deer and other stuff come thru. (We don't hunt) About the most relaxing place I can find. We're thinking about building a cabin back there in the woods "just for the heck of it".

Heck, go ahead and build it!

my fav place is just out watching the cows out in the pastures.love to watch them in the evening.

Sittin underneath the pecan trees along this creek,get there early enough and you can see the turkeys fly off their roost.
good luck
IMG_1084.jpg

sitting in my deer stand on on the north edge of the property or any place i put it up i sit there all year round just to look at the diffrent wildlife that comes about . or leaning on the fence of the cow lot looking at the cows !!

Its a pasture that has a small grove of trees in it sitting on a hill about 300 yards from the family cemetary. Beautiful view of the both horizons. Its also where I proposed to my wife and it is also where I will join the rest of the family one day.

my absolute favorite spot would have to be that little seat next to the big seat in my daddy's combine. i love just sittin in there all day with him during harvest. but since that only comes around a few times a year, my next would have to be anywhere i can see all the cattle safe and sound where they belong.

Calman":2rs4akv2 said:
I'm trying to figure wheither its setting on the east porch drinking coffe watching the sun come up,and making plans for the day,or setting on the west porch watching the sunset drinking a beverage and thinking of things i didn't get done that day.

Wow Calman, do we live in the same house? :lol: All kidding aside, watching the sun rise over the bluff from the back step is heaven.....and watching it set from the front porch through the pines is bliss...

HAY MAKER":16faivge said:
Sittin underneath the pecan trees along this creek,get there early enough and you can see the turkeys fly off their roost.
good luck
IMG_1084.jpg

Haymaker. Now that is very very beautiful. You have a hottub, bathtub and swimmin' hole all under those pretty trees and runnin' water too. Looks like a good place to "skinny dip". :oops: :oops:

Ryder":2uwvii8o said:
Down in the pasture, at night, looking at the stars, and listening to the stillnes.
Me too. Except, in the evening cause I am afraid of the dark.
If it has been a hot day, if you lay down, you can smell the green.

Latest posts