Reaction score
whats your favorite AI sire in the following breeds:
Red angus
angus
gelbvieh
simmental
and
charolais

Hard to choose a favorite... By the time I see the calves and figure out what they can do for me they're outdated. I will say that Lt.Rio Bravo is a bull I'd like to have a whole bunch more semen on.

After the beautiful bull I got from Lazy H Pathfinder R104, I would have to say he is my fav simmy, and over all most likely.
Also liked the bull calf I got out of Pride and Glory, as a club calf.

lets see my fav all time beefmaster AI sire would be painted tiger.if i AI an had the money id use him.he is $1000 a straw if you can find him.

My favorite AI sire to use in my nerd is a Santa Gertrudis bull - Briggs 023/91. Best cows in my herd were daughters of his.

Cross breeder #1":1n351xy1 said:
whats your favorite AI sire in the following breeds:
Red angusBoaz cuz I have used him and I like his calves!
angus Tossup between Designers Pride and Iron Mountain...PAP will tell the story
gelbvieh Probably Ozz Govenor
simmental
and
charolais

red angus--makin hay
angus-- bennett energizer
gelbvieh-- ruger
have had luck with these will see what this year brings

BC":21l5j3n3 said:
My favorite AI sire to use in my nerd is a Santa Gertrudis bull - Briggs 023/91. Best cows in my herd were daughters of his.

That was one bull that I had always wanted to get semen on, but never got a chance to. Wonder if there is still any out there

For Charolais, our current favorite is Cooley Royce. We have been breeding Charolais (mostly AI) for 43 years. The Royce calves are the best, most consistent that we have ever had. Our females carry a lot of Cigar, 914, 2244 and other WCR genetics. The Royce calves from these cows are thick, muscular and stylish. Our first Royce daughters calved this spring and we couldn't be happier with them. The only knock on Royce is that some calves have a a larger, more pendulous navel than what is desired.

Demetrius" has it all.... calving ease. hay belly, hatchet ass, pendulous sheath rough hair coat,, slow growth ww of 175.. YW 150.. milk next to nothing :cowboy:

Latest posts