Farmers Hobby

Help Support CattleToday:

In my "spare" time while not working my regular job or taking care of my cows, I collect & restore Military vehicles. I like the WWII & Korean era jeeps but also have had Vietnam era vehicles. I have a 1942 Ford GPW Jeep & 2 1951 M38 Jeeps which look like they did when they rolled out of the factory. One of my jeeps won 1st place in it's class in a National Military Vehicle Show in June '04, the other jeep took 2nd place in it's class in the same show. These awards felt good after spending 3-4 years restoring each jeep.

I have 2 project jeeps in my backyard shop now but I seem to want to spend time on the cows instead of working on the jeeps.

Taking black and white photos of old barns, old farm equipment, etc..., reading...

back when I was a city girl - I trained dogs in obedience and agility
but now that I'm a country girl - I can't find a close dog training facility nor the time to set up my own
so after I take care of the zillions of chickens and try to look after the cows (ok, follow my dad around and learn from him)
1.gif
I too often find myself sitting in front of this keyboard reading this forum
21.gif

or doing genealogy research which I really enjoy and have been very lucky to find ancestors back past the 1700s

I enjoy most anything outdoors. Hunting quail, deer, turkey, etc. Fishing, hiking, riding the 4 wheeler all through the woods and over the farm and in the snow, golf once in awhile, reading Louis L'amour westerns, go to high school basketball games, working with kids in sports. Those are some of the things I like to do, none of them do I get to do enough of.

My husband and I used to go dancing on weekends, you know the belly rubbing necking stuff. Now we have the cows and we like to sit and watch them and until its nearly dark. Its great because it is just us and the stars. We do try to get out and have dates but being in the pasture nad watching the cows grow. :heart: :)

I enjoy cooking and have a good collection of church cookbooks(I also like to collect hummingbird and boston terrier stuff). I really enjoy gardening (vegetables, berries, flowers and hybrid roses). I've had horses since I was 5, so now I'm helping the neighbors grandkids learn to ride (and hopefully we'll be able to show in some of the local area gaited shows).

I've always enjoyed animals so anything that pertains to them (horses, bottle calves, chickens, and cows) doesn't seem like work as the time passes so quickly it makes one wonder where the day went. The last few times I've been at the sale barn, I take my embroidery along and do that while I'm watching the sale. When the snowbirds come home in May (my folks), mom is gonna help me make my first quilt!

Fishing, taking walks, spending time with my children, going to auctions (antique and animal), listening to music, doing genealogy (yeah, I know -- it's corny but I like it anyways), training dogs, renting movies, arguing with a good friend from SW MO (another hard headed male who needs to be brought into the 21st century), riding (horse, 4wheeler, motorcycle - passenger only), working animals, and snoozing in the sun on a cool spring day

Beefy":3k8bzf65 said:
TnWI, i never knew you were a biker chick.

Passenger ONLY! I would love to learn how to drive one, but so far, the bikes I have been on, have been too tall for my short legs!

Latest posts