Farmer suicide

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasBred":3ldxmsm4 said:
BK9954":3ldxmsm4 said:
Bright Raven":3ldxmsm4 said:
I don't watch much TV so I don't keep up on the organized demonstrations.

There are extremist on both sizes. It got extreme when Obama was President. I doubt there is a user on this forum who did not witness someone call him a n........ That kind of crap is extreme in my mind.

The media, information technology and the fact that news has evolved into entertainment, I think are factors that have contributed to the extremism. 50 years ago, I don't remember people showing the kind of disrespect you see today for the Office of the President regardless of whether you supported their policies.
I have been keeping up with what has been going on. Its getting nuts. A UN counsel actually declared words can do the same damage as a physical attack. This was justification to try to enact a censorship of the internet. Also a statement like that gives a person a reason to feel no remorse when they physically beat you for having an opposing view. Which is exactly what has happened here in the pre and post election protest. Our whole way of life is under attack, who gives anyone the right to censor what kind of media or information I can get, especially the darn U.N. As you see in the youtube video we have outright racist black college kids taking over a campus. And it worked, the dean gave into them and had the campus police stand down! Where is the tolerance for any other view, culture or race we are supposed to have for each other. This is getting to be a dangerous time in history folks. I have stated a few times in this website, keeping up with current events and culture is the best way to prepare for what is coming. Ever read Revelations? I have. But that day comes like a thief in the night.

Most of it happened 2000 years ago.
God bless you :D

BK9954":lb2uw7op said:
TexasBred":lb2uw7op said:
BK9954":lb2uw7op said:
I have been keeping up with what has been going on. Its getting nuts. A UN counsel actually declared words can do the same damage as a physical attack. This was justification to try to enact a censorship of the internet. Also a statement like that gives a person a reason to feel no remorse when they physically beat you for having an opposing view. Which is exactly what has happened here in the pre and post election protest. Our whole way of life is under attack, who gives anyone the right to censor what kind of media or information I can get, especially the darn U.N. As you see in the youtube video we have outright racist black college kids taking over a campus. And it worked, the dean gave into them and had the campus police stand down! Where is the tolerance for any other view, culture or race we are supposed to have for each other. This is getting to be a dangerous time in history folks. I have stated a few times in this website, keeping up with current events and culture is the best way to prepare for what is coming. Ever read Revelations? I have. But that day comes like a thief in the night.

Most of it happened 2000 years ago.
God bless you :D
God help you. :lol2:

Getting back to the OP's subject (ahem), I appreciate those who shared their personal stories (whether first or second hand). If there weren't still such a stigma about getting help for severe depression and anxiety, we would not have the suicide rate that we do. It's a chemical imbalance and should be viewed the same as any other medical ailment. I have a few friends in ongoing treatment for clinical depression, and a family member (or two) who likely should be but refuse to. Keep in mind that many people who abuse alcohol, drugs and (yes) food are "treating" their mental illness with those substances.

boondocks":zqdw5p26 said:
Getting back to the OP's subject (ahem), I appreciate those who shared their personal stories (whether first or second hand). If there weren't still such a stigma about getting help for severe depression and anxiety, we would not have the suicide rate that we do. It's a chemical imbalance and should be viewed the same as any other medical ailment. I have a few friends in ongoing treatment for clinical depression, and a family member (or two) who likely should be but refuse to. Keep in mind that many people who abuse alcohol, drugs and (yes) food are "treating" their mental illness with those substances.
It isn;t always depression. There are times it is result of logical reasoning. That's why assisted suicide is legal in some places.

dun":8ez8jadx said:
boondocks":8ez8jadx said:
It isn;t always depression. There are times it is result of logical reasoning. That's why assisted suicide is legal in some places.
Understood, and agree, if there are very careful safeguards in place.

BK9954":7r57g9vs said:
Bright Raven":7r57g9vs said:

There are extremist on both sizes. It got extreme when Obama was President. I doubt there is a user on this forum who did not witness someone call him a n........ That kind of crap is extreme in my mind.

The media, information technology and the fact that news has evolved into entertainment, I think are factors that have contributed to the extremism. 50 years ago, I don't remember people showing the kind of disrespect you see today for the Office of the President regardless of whether you supported their policies.

Yes. Everyone has a different idea what it says. Farm Fence Solutions (Luke) and I talked to a neighbor of mine that believes only 144 people will go to heaven. He even quoted the scripture and provided the mathematical translation. :D

To each his own.

Bright Raven":tar409q5 said:
BK9954":tar409q5 said:
Bright Raven":tar409q5 said:

Yes. Everyone has a different idea what it says. Farm Fence Solutions (Luke) and I talked to a neighbor of mine that believes only 144 people will go to heaven. He even quoted the scripture and provided the mathematical translation. :D

To each his own.
Well he ain't even a knowledgeable Jehovah witness

M-5":2v2j7odv said:
Bright Raven":2v2j7odv said:
BK9954":2v2j7odv said:

To each his own.
Well he ain't even a knowledgeable Jehovah witness

He don't care. His philosophy is that it ain't worth the worry!

About ten years ago, my cousin's daughter committed suicide at age 19. She had been on an assortment of meds for years for mental illness and life was hell. How can you say her suicide was a bad thing? Should we lock her in a rubber room for life to prevent such?

Then this spring my 94 year old mom got to die a long and agonizing death from cancer, at times yelling out to my dad to "help me!" My dad didn't want to give her many pain meds he had due to side effects, but I told him he ought to give her all he had.

Interesting that if you are an animal, and no chance to recover, we say put it out of its misery. But if you are a human, we consider it very important that you suffer, lest someone have the shame of committing suicide. As someone said in this thread, you are a coward if you end your life, rather than endure prolonged excruciating pain, while making a million or so for the healthcare industry.

It would be interesting to see those 'tough guys' at the end of their life when they're screaming in pain.

Another thought I had. Read on another forum of a guy who years ago ran over his young daughter and killed her. Another son died the same year. Another son had head trauma from a motorcycle, became homeless, and he just got word he was killed.

Not sure if I could handle that, I sure wouldn't call him a coward if he ended his pain. But then some people don't blink an eye when their kids die, just keep laughing and having a party. Guess we're all wired different.

Bright Raven":3893sz10 said:
BK9954,

Thanks. That put some meat on the bone. I didn't sleep at all last night. I was concerned that someone was going to force me to become a Satanist. ;-)

You make some good points. But the Devil is in the details. The primary concept that comes through each of your points is "inefficiency". I happen to agree with you on that. Inefficiency and waste are issues not just in government but the private sector also.

I don't share your faith that the private sector can perform a lot of the functions that local, state, and federal government performs. Education for example, no it is not perfect and this nation is rapidly slipping behind the rest of the world but left to the private sector and I think you would start seeing the "Wal-Mart" effect. Tom and Susie would decide that their 5 children don't need education and "think of how many Twinkies we could buy with that money". Same "Wal-Mart" effect would take over with retirement. In the present, they find more pleasure in buying Twinkies than saving for retirement.

The reason we have the crappy system we do is because no one has figured out a better system. I applaud you for giving it thought but right now you haven't an ounce of evidence that it will work.

BTW: Twinkies do have merit.
https://youtu.be/y9N8OXkN0Rk

The best thing for our education would be to demolish the public schools. Ask my wife who taught there until she could take it no longer. It is a complete and utter disaster, rife with fraud, waste and abuse. And promotes irresponsible parenting. You get more of whatever you subsidize, and now the state is to be raising kids. At my wife's school, kids were forced to march through the breakfast line every morning, as apparently now parents cannot fry an egg for their kids. And they can't help their kids with homework, expecting my wife to stay after and do it. So apparently a parent with a HS diploma can't help a 5th grader.

The public school system is about money and free babysitting. Education is just an excuse. We homeschooled our kids a few years in Alaska, and they learned more in an hour a day than they would in a whole day at school. I know, you will tell me they are socially retarded - more nonsense to justify the fraud.

If certain parents don't want to educate their kids, why do we care? Will those kids die? No, they can just get on welfare, so why get educated. We're dumb enough to feed those who won't learn. If we didn't feed them, they'd figure out how to work or get educated so they could work. Instead, we force kids to learn in school who aren't interested. It is backwards. Abe Lincoln learned with 2 books, but we need endless programs and computers and multi-million dollar buildings and millions of dollars of buses to haul kids an hour away to a supposedly bigger, better school.

Where they sit in a big classroom in which half are behind and are lost and the other half are ahead and bored. But in an industrial, efficient system, who cares? It's all about maximum efficiency - one adult per 25 kids, that way 24 other adults can goof off, or get a job and not deal with their kids. Bottom line is we don't care about our kids or their education. Everybody has to pretend they do to get more funding. And those with no kids get to pay for those with 8 through forced taxation, otherwise known as theft.

I find it fascinating how few in our country actually believe in freedom. We look for every excuse to impose more government on ourselves. Turns out government is truly a religion. Where we once prayed to god for sustenance and comfort, now we look to government. Proper government merely protects our rights. Now it is seen as a source of comfort, and safety, and food, clothing, education, healthcare, housing and on and on.

As for the details, name any government program, and if you study the details, you will discover unintended consequences and fraud, waste and abuse. I don't know of a single program or war that hasn't made things worse, while forcing us to pay for it. All promoted based on fear. Government is to keep us from being harmed by others, not to subsidize farmers or parents or take care of us.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary."
-H.L. Mencken

I like this video - shows how much government has become a religion (statism).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uVV2Dcqt0&app=desktop

djinwa":108yytke said:
Bright Raven":108yytke said:
BK9954,

Thanks. That put some meat on the bone. I didn't sleep at all last night. I was concerned that someone was going to force me to become a Satanist. ;-)

You make some good points. But the Devil is in the details. The primary concept that comes through each of your points is "inefficiency". I happen to agree with you on that. Inefficiency and waste are issues not just in government but the private sector also.

I don't share your faith that the private sector can perform a lot of the functions that local, state, and federal government performs. Education for example, no it is not perfect and this nation is rapidly slipping behind the rest of the world but left to the private sector and I think you would start seeing the "Wal-Mart" effect. Tom and Susie would decide that their 5 children don't need education and "think of how many Twinkies we could buy with that money". Same "Wal-Mart" effect would take over with retirement. In the present, they find more pleasure in buying Twinkies than saving for retirement.

The reason we have the crappy system we do is because no one has figured out a better system. I applaud you for giving it thought but right now you haven't an ounce of evidence that it will work.

BTW: Twinkies do have merit.
https://youtu.be/y9N8OXkN0Rk

The best thing for our education would be to demolish the public schools. Ask my wife who taught there until she could take it no longer. It is a complete and utter disaster, rife with fraud, waste and abuse. And promotes irresponsible parenting. You get more of whatever you subsidize, and now the state is to be raising kids. At my wife's school, kids were forced to march through the breakfast line every morning, as apparently now parents cannot fry an egg for their kids. And they can't help their kids with homework, expecting my wife to stay after and do it. So apparently a parent with a HS diploma can't help a 5th grader.

The public school system is about money and free babysitting. Education is just an excuse. We homeschooled our kids a few years in Alaska, and they learned more in an hour a day than they would in a whole day at school. I know, you will tell me they are socially retarded - more nonsense to justify the fraud.

If certain parents don't want to educate their kids, why do we care? Will those kids die? No, they can just get on welfare, so why get educated. We're dumb enough to feed those who won't learn. If we didn't feed them, they'd figure out how to work or get educated so they could work. Instead, we force kids to learn in school who aren't interested. It is backwards. Abe Lincoln learned with 2 books, but we need endless programs and computers and multi-million dollar buildings and millions of dollars of buses to haul kids an hour away to a supposedly bigger, better school.

Where they sit in a big classroom in which half are behind and are lost and the other half are ahead and bored. But in an industrial, efficient system, who cares? It's all about maximum efficiency - one adult per 25 kids, that way 24 other adults can goof off, or get a job and not deal with their kids. Bottom line is we don't care about our kids or their education. Everybody has to pretend they do to get more funding. And those with no kids get to pay for those with 8 through forced taxation, otherwise known as theft.

I find it fascinating how few in our country actually believe in freedom. We look for every excuse to impose more government on ourselves. Turns out government is truly a religion. Where we once prayed to god for sustenance and comfort, now we look to government. Proper government merely protects our rights. Now it is seen as a source of comfort, and safety, and food, clothing, education, healthcare, housing and on and on.

As for the details, name any government program, and if you study the details, you will discover unintended consequences and fraud, waste and abuse. I don't know of a single program or war that hasn't made things worse, while forcing us to pay for it. All promoted based on fear. Government is to keep us from being harmed by others, not to subsidize farmers or parents or take care of us.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary."
-H.L. Mencken

I like this video - shows how much government has become a religion (statism).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uVV2Dcqt0&app=desktop
Public schools can be horrible. It should be a parents choice to train the kids in the familys business, keep the kids for home school, or send the kids to a "trade specific school" or not send them to school at all. We subsidize these crazy left-wing universities with government money. Students are required to take courses that have nothing to do with their degree. Books tuition all these costs are unnecessary. it's a racket to shove stuff down our their and keep professors employed. College should be a trade specific School based on a kids talents and get them onto a career. Kids take on debt taking classes that are a complete waste of money. Also, if someone wants to pass on the family business to the kids, and train them and teach them in that instead of school, they should have the liberty to do it IMO. If both parents lose their job, or one gets sick, and they need the kids out of school to save the house or keep the farm going, they should have the right.

Colleges "are" trade specific. Major specific anyway. Why would someone wanting to be a football coach take civil engineering classes?? But he might need some psychology classes along with some sociology classes. Same with almost any degree (major). Since I was a kid the attitude of most colleges has always been, we furnish the building, professor adn we teach. It's up to YOU to learn !!! Want to skip class or screw off all the time that's fine too. Others are standing in line to take your place. Too many kids go to college simply for the experience...wine, women (or men) and song. Learn nothing then family bytches about school being worthless.....it's up to the kid to learn.

TexasBred":2zfyo23e said:
Colleges "are" trade specific. Major specific anyway. Why would someone wanting to be a football coach take civil engineering classes?? But he might need some psychology classes along with some sociology classes. Same with almost any degree (major). Since I was a kid the attitude of most colleges has always been, we furnish the building, professor adn we teach. It's up to YOU to learn !!! Want to skip class or screw off all the time that's fine too. Others are standing in line to take your place. Too many kids go to college simply for the experience...wine, women (or men) and song. Learn nothing then family bytches about school being worthless.....it's up to the kid to learn.
I talk to Texas State kids all the time, lots of them work for me. Went for a degree, had to take electives, basics, all this other stuff that had nothing to do with their major. Wasted money these kids took out loans for. So many come to work for me cause they cant afford anymore school, gotta take a year off. It shouldnt cost that much. Its a racket. Way too expensive for what you get. Going to a welding school is trade specific, HVAC tech school is trade specific. ASE certified mechanic schools are trade specific. Its not that way at Universities. You pick a major but it is a winding and expensive road to get to the end. Now I havent priced tech trade schools, so I wont debate price on those, but atleast each class is time spent "on" your job field of choice.

BK9954":126qh7ej said:
TexasBred":126qh7ej said:
I talk to Texas State kids all the time, lots of them work for me. Went for a degree, had to take electives, basics, all this other stuff that had nothing to do with their major. Wasted money these kids took out loans for. So many come to work for me cause they cant afford anymore school, gotta take a year off. It shouldnt cost that much. Its a racket. Way too expensive for what you get. Going to a welding school is trade specific, HVAC tech school is trade specific. ASE certified mechanic schools are trade specific. Its not that way Universities. You pick a major but it is a winding and expensive road to get to the end.

I agree with you to a point. I don't see why a person majoring in science needs to take art appreciation. Instead, I think they would be much better off taking another course with some relevance to their major.

I also think we should be careful in not replacing to many of these fields with two year programs. Its one thing to understand how to do something but its a whole other thing to understand why its done the way it is.

BK9954":25dyvnwy said:
TexasBred":25dyvnwy said:
I talk to Texas State kids all the time, lots of them work for me. Went for a degree, had to take electives, basics, all this other stuff that had nothing to do with their major. Wasted money these kids took out loans for. So many come to work for me cause they cant afford anymore school, gotta take a year off. It shouldnt cost that much. Its a racket. Way too expensive for what you get. Going to a welding school is trade specific, HVAC tech school is trade specific. ASE certified mechanic schools are trade specific. Its not that way at Universities. You pick a major but it is a winding and expensive road to get to the end. Now I havent priced tech trade schools, so I wont debate price on those, but atleast each class is time spent "on" your job field of choice.
then all you want are "Basics". Unfortunately "life" isn't simply about basics. A good job requires much more from you than just being on the president's list in your one area of study. You yourself use many skills that you learned somewhere. Might have been some insignificant course you took in HS or college but you use those skills that it taught. Writing, thinking, judgement, analysis, reactions.....it's all needed. As for their debt most of their debt is not for education but for partying. Check out what it really cost to attend Texas State for a semester then ask them how much they borrowed for that semester. You'll be startled and amazed exactly what student loans are used for. Only a small % is paid for tuition and lab fees. They borrow for living expenses...those that work for you only work because it's probably the last option. Don't blame the education system. Blames families and these so-called "students".

TexasBred":3sf1x4cd said:
Check out what it really cost to attend Texas State for a semester then ask them how much they borrowed for that semester. You'll be startled and amazed exactly what student loans are used for. Only a small % is paid for tuition and lab fees. They borrow for living expenses...those that work for you only work because it's probably the last option. Don't blame the education system. Blames families and these so-called "students".

Yes, this one of the big problems with college aid programs. Used to be, the grants and loans only paid for the education portion, and it was up to the student to get a part-time job to pay for his living expenses, even if they lived in a dorm. But somewhere along the way, the loans started paying for everything and way too many people looked on it as an entitlement type alternative to getting a job. Food, clothing, apartment rent all paid for. Don't want to work or can't find a job? Just get a college loan, go to school and they'll pay all your living expenses too. I've seen folks on other boards say they wanted to buy the Next Big Thing in phones or other electronics, but they'd have to wait for the semester's school loan check to be deposited in their account. :bang: :mad:
I'm guessing the universities helped push this along, as well as the politicians. I have a niece and her husband that went to school for nearly a decade each on college loans and even after getting degrees, said they couldn't afford to quit going, because it paid their way thru life so they just went for the next highest degree or switched majors in order to continue getting the $$$$... then finally had to quit and of course each had 6 figure loans to pay off then, and were tasked with trying to find employment that both paid for their lives and the loan payback.
The world is upside down.. (or I've just lived too long.)

BK9954":13mj6gr9 said:
Bright Raven":13mj6gr9 said:
BK9954":13mj6gr9 said:
Been off the thread, I believe in the Constitution. I am a modern fiscal conservative libertarian. Let me have my God and guns and whatever else I want, and I wont force it on you. You and your boyfriend can get married, you can be a satanist, call yourself transgender, go smoke yourself into a marijuana heaven, whatever, but dont force it on me and my children or make us do it. I think government should get out of our lives. They shouldnt be involved in marriage, education, labor, healthcare and all that stuff and use MY tax dollars to do it. Being a modern libertarian means that I dont believe that we shouldnt have roads built by the State government or have law enforcement, government does have a role to play in society, but we were built to be a republic capitalistic Society, with the States having more jurisdiction and rights.

1. "whatever else I want" - What else do you want in addition to your God and guns?

2. "dont force it on me and my children or make us do it" - Did anyone ever try to force transgender or Satanism on You?

3. The government shouldn't be involved in education? I guess medical doctors, veterinarians, engineers, etc. will get their education in Saudi Arabia?

4. So you don't believe the government should provide Medicare? I hope you have enough money to take care of your elderly parents.

5. You don't think American labor needs government support? Are you for bringing back child labor? Are you aware of the scope of government involvement in labor? Do you want the government to step out of the way and open US labor markets to foreign interest? US labor markets would be decimated if it was not for US restrictions on foreign labor.

6. If your neighbor is poor and they have a child born with a rare genetic disorder that requires dialysis. If they cannot afford the necessary treatment... Well, just let them worry about that. If the baby has to die, I guess it is better for all involved.

7. Don't complain when your water is unfit to drink. Or your child who has asthma is ill because the air is polluted with industrial chemicals.

Big talk! But be careful what you think you really want.
Well Bright Raven, dont get bent out of shape after hearing an opposing view. I am not a fool, had this discussion many times, lets proceed and lay it out reasonably. This thread may not be enough, it took a whole evening of debate over a campfire on a hunting trip before I saw the light and converted.
1. I want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So whatever makes me happy as long as I dont endanger or encrouch on others in the process.
2. No not satanism. But what about letting boys shower or use the restroom with girls because of whatever gender they identify with. Thats one example. Dont force that on my kids. What about taxing me for public schools so I cant afford private, then shoving a liberal agenda propaganda down the kids throats. Oh, and if the kids doesnt go to school, parent can go to jail, land of the free?
3. Private schools provide a better education then any public school, thats a fact! Dont tax for the schools and let me choose which private school I want my kids to go to. The one with the best education will stay in business, capitalism will work. Whats the last great accomplishment the Department of Education did can you tell me? Why are we paying for it. Also while on government in schools, how did Michelle Obama'a healthy lunch mandate go? Oh, millions of tons of food in the trash, glad our tax dollars paid for those free healthy lunches in the dump.
4. If we didnt have this massive federal gov. and had a true free market you would have more money then you do now. Who spends your money better? The governement or you? So you would rather pay medicare taxes into a gov. system your whole life when they waste half of it in red tape? Why not put that money straight into a personal medical account? You wouldnt have to buy supplemental insurance because medicare doesnt pay. Some doctors wont even take it.
5. Do you really believe in the minimum wage and that it is helpful? If so I can private message you some information. Is all the regulation helping or hurting growth. Its hurting if you didnt know. We have already opened up our workforce to foreign interest. Our economy should be market based. Our wages should be market based. If the government got out we could pay double per hour of what we pay now. The problem we have is we are suffocated by so many regulations and taxes that we suffer. The employer pays federal taxes on top of your wages that you pay taxes on too. Would you rather you keep your social security money out if your check, I would. I can invest better then Uncle Sam. Oh and closing the border would help wages. Now being a modern libertarian, if a market is critical to our national sovereignty, government may play a role, like in strategic oil resources.
6. Back before the government took care of everyone, and society got on Uncle Sams nipple, the church used to be a place to go. The community can come together, just like you see now when we do BBQ fundraisers for people undergoing cancer treatments. Also insurance would be cheaper if it was an open market. People could afford it if government got out of the way, quit taxing you for useless wasteful programs, and you would be bringing home a bigger paycheck.
7. Never said I was in favor of allowing anyone to pollute the enviroment. As I said in my first statement, government does play a role in society, that would be one. My libertarian message is that as long as it does not harm me. If you run chemicals in my creek you did harm to me, government has a role to play there. The problem we have is the politicians have used the EPA as a power tool. They have use stupid regulations to confiscate people's property. Obama used it to shut the coal industry down. Thats government out of control.

A libertarian is not about dirty water, bad education, bad pay and poor medical care. The free market lets the ones that arent good, or profitable fail, and another one that is better can take its place. Just like what SHOULD have happened when they bailed the banks out in 2008. A private company can usually do whatever the government does more efficiently and profitably. Look at FEDEX, UPS and The United States Postal Service. The problem you have here is the wool has been pulled over your head slowly, an inch at a time, so it seems normal. This could be the land of the free. A libertarian wants a true " land of the free" but where we are now is a Big Brother telling you how to speak, work, what doctor to go to, what medicine you can take, where and when to go to school, deciding what you will learn, and making you pay for it all. Our founding fathers would be crapping themselves if they saw this. I love my country and love my state. I am a patriot. Its sad what has happened. The only way to change is to have an awakening and change the vote. The only way to do that is to spread the message, its a whole new way of looking at things. The way we are heading is collapsing, the younger generation wants nothing to do with it. All they have to go on is the liberal propoganda they have learned in our public school system. If they get informed they can swing the vote the "right" way. Libertarianism appeals to a wide variety of cultures,religions and races, and encorporates freedom and fiscal conservative principles.

Libertarian is the fastest growing party in the US. The Republicans have turned so many off and become just like the Dems in many ways and the Dems dont have a message. People are sick of it.
"I find it fascinating how few in our country actually believe in freedom." djinwa Sure wish more people thought along these lines. Im glad to see some still do. The world will never be perfect but liberty could solve so many issues.

zirlottkim":3q36an1p said:
"I find it fascinating how few in our country actually believe in freedom." djinwa Sure wish more people thought along these lines. Im glad to see some still do. The world will never be perfect but liberty could solve so many issues.

Not surprising: That freedom does not rank higher than it does in what many consider human needs. Just one example:

You could be the freest man on earth but if you were starving, would you trade that freedom for a regular meal? Many would trade their freedom for security. We have in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.