Farmer suicide

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Grit Farms":xhpzim0b said:
Bright Raven":xhpzim0b said:
True Grit Farms":xhpzim0b said:
The original bill of rights is fine by me. All the amendments are what screwed the Constitution up, thanks to the lawyers.

Vince,

27 amendments were adopted and ratified by all 50 states. Minor point, but the ratification process is rigorous, the support for those amendments has to be much broader than lawyers or they would never have been ratified. In fact, there is a list of amendments that still have not cleared the process.

Aren't the majority of the politicians are lawyers? How many Supreme Court justices aren't or haven't been lawyers? The majority of the population is ruled by money and the beliefs of lawyers.

Good point, but when it comes to ratification three fourths of the states must ratify or an amendment is dead. That is why I say that it takes broad support.

True Grit Farms":2sdufh7o said:
Nesikep":2sdufh7o said:
BK9954":2sdufh7o said:
A little off topic but I believe the 2nd amendment should not be infringed upon, ever.... Give them an inch, they take a mile, where does it stop. Depressed, felon, domestic violence, doesnt matter to me, the 2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon. Next they will ban people who are alcoholics from gun ownership, people who owe child support, people with kids under 10 years old......
How do you feel about the other constitutional rights?

The original bill of rights is fine by me. All the amendments are what screwed the Constitution up, thanks to the lawyers.
The "Bill of Rights" ARE amendments.......Jesus Christ can write the amendment but to become part of the Constitution, an amendment, whether proposed by Congress or a national constitutional convention, must be ratified by either the legislatures or ratifying conventions of three-fourths (at present 38) of the states.

ALACOWMAN":h2q1ifss said:
JW IN VA":h2q1ifss said:
ALACOWMAN":h2q1ifss said:
Went through a bout of depression, it ain't no cake walk...working a regular job and coming in and working on the farm.sometimes by truck light..id catch myself wringing the steering wheel of the tractor..heart rate was through the roof. Finally took its toll. I just shut down couldn't even think straight.finally got help from a ol country doc.
Glad you were man enough to admit you needed help to beat depression.It is a disease just like any other and cannot be overcome by "just being strong".Most of us grew up in the era when mental issues were thought to be weakness or character flaws.Something o be ashamed or afraid of.We know that was wrong.I encourage anyone who feels like they are having a problem to get some help from their doctor,talk o their pastor or trusted family member/friend.It is not something to face alone.
You would surprised how many people deal with this stuff in their lives.
Trust me,I know.
counciling can help situational depression...but not clinical as you probably know..

Very true.I left that part out assuming that a Dr or pastor/councilor would steer someone toward being evaluated for further help,if needed.Unfortuneately,that isn't always the case.

Workinonit Farm":39fjdwvm said:
ALACOWMAN":39fjdwvm said:
counciling can help situational depression...but not clinical as you probably know..

Many folks don't know that there is a difference. Situational, often "goes away","in time". Clinical, or what I consider chemical imbalance within the body, is a different deal. Then, as you mentioned, Bi-polar, another whole different animal. Bi-polars, without meds, are very difficult to deal and live with.

I seen/ heard of the effects of people dropping their meds when they start feeling better.In some cases,the meds are expensive or the person doesn't realize how much they help.Some with bi-polar don't like the side effects they have.
A relative who is a supervisor at the Regional Jail sees some all the time who have committed an offense,are off their meds,and are given them after they are locked up.As soon as they get back on them a while,they are a differant person.Sadly, for some,it may repeat itself.We need to spend more money on this problem than some other things which we do.

Nesikep":3g1pb56r said:
BK9954":3g1pb56r said:
True Grit Farms":3g1pb56r said:
I feel your a 100% correct. I'm not so sure that someone who takes medicine for depression or is bipolar needs to own guns. But where do you draw the line? There's a lot of folks that are crazy, or have crazy thoughts that take no medicine. ;-)
We gun owners need to stick together, even the crazy one's.
A little off topic but I believe the 2nd amendment should not be infringed upon, ever.... Give them an inch, they take a mile, where does it stop. Depressed, felon, domestic violence, doesnt matter to me, the 2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon. Next they will ban people who are alcoholics from gun ownership, people who owe child support, people with kids under 10 years old......
Been off the thread, I believe in the Constitution. I am a modern fiscal conservative libertarian. Let me have my God and guns and whatever else I want, and I wont force it on you. You and your boyfriend can get married, you can be a satanist, call yourself transgender, go smoke yourself into a marijuana heaven, whatever, but dont force it on me and my children or make us do it. I think government should get out of our lives. They shouldnt be involved in marriage, education, labor, healthcare and all that stuff and use MY tax dollars to do it. Being a modern libertarian means that I dont believe that we shouldnt have roads built by the State government or have law enforcement, government does have a role to play in society, but we were built to be a republic capitalistic Society, with the States having more jurisdiction and rights.

BK9954":1dpl4tt1 said:
Nesikep":1dpl4tt1 said:
BK9954":1dpl4tt1 said:
Been off the thread, I believe in the Constitution. I am a modern fiscal conservative libertarian. Let me have my God and guns and whatever else I want, and I wont force it on you. You and your boyfriend can get married, you can be a satanist, call yourself transgender, go smoke yourself into a marijuana heaven, whatever, but dont force it on me and my children or make us do it. I think government should get out of our lives. They shouldnt be involved in marriage, education, labor, healthcare and all that stuff and use MY tax dollars to do it. Being a modern libertarian means that I dont believe that we shouldnt have roads built by the State government or have law enforcement, government does have a role to play in society, but we were built the be a republic capitalistic Society, with the States having more jurisdiction and rights.
Great response :) A lot of this financial mess we're in is from a gov't that's far too big and meddlesome.
Problem is that they will always control the purse strings via interest rates.. the sub-prime meltdown was a good example of the fallout from it

BK9954":3prmsvfm said:
Nesikep":3prmsvfm said:
BK9954":3prmsvfm said:
Been off the thread, I believe in the Constitution. I am a modern fiscal conservative libertarian. Let me have my God and guns and whatever else I want, and I wont force it on you. You and your boyfriend can get married, you can be a satanist, call yourself transgender, go smoke yourself into a marijuana heaven, whatever, but dont force it on me and my children or make us do it. I think government should get out of our lives. They shouldnt be involved in marriage, education, labor, healthcare and all that stuff and use MY tax dollars to do it. Being a modern libertarian means that I dont believe that we shouldnt have roads built by the State government or have law enforcement, government does have a role to play in society, but we were built to be a republic capitalistic Society, with the States having more jurisdiction and rights.

1. "whatever else I want" - What else do you want in addition to your God and guns?

2. "dont force it on me and my children or make us do it" - Did anyone ever try to force transgender or Satanism on You?

3. The government shouldn't be involved in education? I guess medical doctors, veterinarians, engineers, etc. will get their education in Saudi Arabia?

4. So you don't believe the government should provide Medicare? I hope you have enough money to take care of your elderly parents.

5. You don't think American labor needs government support? Are you for bringing back child labor? Are you aware of the scope of government involvement in labor? Do you want the government to step out of the way and open US labor markets to foreign interest? US labor markets would be decimated if it was not for US restrictions on foreign labor.

6. If your neighbor is poor and they have a child born with a rare genetic disorder that requires dialysis. If they cannot afford the necessary treatment... Well, just let them worry about that. If the baby has to die, I guess it is better for all involved.

7. Don't complain when your water is unfit to drink. Or your child who has asthma is ill because the air is polluted with industrial chemicals.

Big talk! But be careful what you think you really want.

Bright Raven":2q1knmmi said:
BK9954":2q1knmmi said:
Nesikep":2q1knmmi said:

1. "whatever else I want" - What else do you want in addition to your God and guns?

2. "dont force it on me and my children or make us do it" - Did anyone ever try to force transgender or Satanism on You?

3. The government shouldn't be involved in education? I guess medical doctors, veterinarians, engineers, etc. will get their education in Saudi Arabia?

4. So you don't believe the government should provide Medicare? I hope you have enough money to take care of your elderly parents.

5. You don't think American labor needs government support? Are you for bringing back child labor? Are you aware of the scope of government involvement in labor? Do you want the government to step out of the way and open US labor markets to foreign interest? US labor markets would be decimated if it was not for US restrictions on foreign labor.

6. If your neighbor is poor and they have a child born with a rare genetic disorder that requires dialysis. If they cannot afford the necessary treatment... Well, just let them worry about that. If the baby has to die, I guess it is better for all involved.

7. Don't complain when your water is unfit to drink. Or your child who has asthma is ill because the air is polluted with industrial chemicals.

Big talk! But be careful what you think you really want.
Well Bright Raven, dont get bent out of shape after hearing an opposing view. I am not a fool, had this discussion many times, lets proceed and lay it out reasonably. This thread may not be enough, it took a whole evening of debate over a campfire on a hunting trip before I saw the light and converted.
1. I want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So whatever makes me happy as long as I dont endanger or encrouch on others in the process.
2. No not satanism. But what about letting boys shower or use the restroom with girls because of whatever gender they identify with. Thats one example. Dont force that on my kids. What about taxing me for public schools so I cant afford private, then shoving a liberal agenda propaganda down the kids throats. Oh, and if the kids doesnt go to school, parent can go to jail, land of the free?
3. Private schools provide a better education then any public school, thats a fact! Dont tax for the schools and let me choose which private school I want my kids to go to. The one with the best education will stay in business, capitalism will work. Whats the last great accomplishment the Department of Education did can you tell me? Why are we paying for it. Also while on government in schools, how did Michelle Obama'a healthy lunch mandate go? Oh, millions of tons of food in the trash, glad our tax dollars paid for those free healthy lunches in the dump.
4. If we didnt have this massive federal gov. and had a true free market you would have more money then you do now. Who spends your money better? The governement or you? So you would rather pay medicare taxes into a gov. system your whole life when they waste half of it in red tape? Why not put that money straight into a personal medical account? You wouldnt have to buy supplemental insurance because medicare doesnt pay. Some doctors wont even take it.
5. Do you really believe in the minimum wage and that it is helpful? If so I can private message you some information. Is all the regulation helping or hurting growth. Its hurting if you didnt know. We have already opened up our workforce to foreign interest. Our economy should be market based. Our wages should be market based. If the government got out we could pay double per hour of what we pay now. The problem we have is we are suffocated by so many regulations and taxes that we suffer. The employer pays federal taxes on top of your wages that you pay taxes on too. Would you rather you keep your social security money out if your check, I would. I can invest better then Uncle Sam. Oh and closing the border would help wages. Now being a modern libertarian, if a market is critical to our national sovereignty, government may play a role, like in strategic oil resources.
6. Back before the government took care of everyone, and society got on Uncle Sams nipple, the church used to be a place to go. The community can come together, just like you see now when we do BBQ fundraisers for people undergoing cancer treatments. Also insurance would be cheaper if it was an open market. People could afford it if government got out of the way, quit taxing you for useless wasteful programs, and you would be bringing home a bigger paycheck.
7. Never said I was in favor of allowing anyone to pollute the enviroment. As I said in my first statement, government does play a role in society, that would be one. My libertarian message is that as long as it does not harm me. If you run chemicals in my creek you did harm to me, government has a role to play there. The problem we have is the politicians have used the EPA as a power tool. They have use stupid regulations to confiscate people's property. Obama used it to shut the coal industry down. Thats government out of control.

A libertarian is not about dirty water, bad education, bad pay and poor medical care. The free market lets the ones that arent good, or profitable fail, and another one that is better can take its place. Just like what SHOULD have happened when they bailed the banks out in 2008. A private company can usually do whatever the government does more efficiently and profitably. Look at FEDEX, UPS and The United States Postal Service. The problem you have here is the wool has been pulled over your head slowly, an inch at a time, so it seems normal. This could be the land of the free. A libertarian wants a true " land of the free" but where we are now is a Big Brother telling you how to speak, work, what doctor to go to, what medicine you can take, where and when to go to school, deciding what you will learn, and making you pay for it all. Our founding fathers would be crapping themselves if they saw this. I love my country and love my state. I am a patriot. Its sad what has happened. The only way to change is to have an awakening and change the vote. The only way to do that is to spread the message, its a whole new way of looking at things. The way we are heading is collapsing, the younger generation wants nothing to do with it. All they have to go on is the liberal propoganda they have learned in our public school system. If they get informed they can swing the vote the "right" way. Libertarianism appeals to a wide variety of cultures,religions and races, and encorporates freedom and fiscal conservative principles.

Libertarian is the fastest growing party in the US. The Republicans have turned so many off and become just like the Dems in many ways and the Dems dont have a message. People are sick of it.

BK9954,

Thanks. That put some meat on the bone. I didn't sleep at all last night. I was concerned that someone was going to force me to become a Satanist. ;-)

You make some good points. But the Devil is in the details. The primary concept that comes through each of your points is "inefficiency". I happen to agree with you on that. Inefficiency and waste are issues not just in government but the private sector also.

I don't share your faith that the private sector can perform a lot of the functions that local, state, and federal government performs. Education for example, no it is not perfect and this nation is rapidly slipping behind the rest of the world but left to the private sector and I think you would start seeing the "Wal-Mart" effect. Tom and Susie would decide that their 5 children don't need education and "think of how many Twinkies we could buy with that money". Same "Wal-Mart" effect would take over with retirement. In the present, they find more pleasure in buying Twinkies than saving for retirement.

The reason we have the crappy system we do is because no one has figured out a better system. I applaud you for giving it thought but right now you haven't an ounce of evidence that it will work.

BTW: Twinkies do have merit.
https://youtu.be/y9N8OXkN0Rk

Bright Raven":12o97nwt said:
BK9954,

Thanks. That put some meat on the bone. I didn't sleep at all last night. I was concerned that someone was going to force me to become a Satanist. ;-)

You make some good points. But the Devil is in the details. The primary concept that comes through each of your points is "inefficiency". I happen to agree with you on that. Inefficiency and waste are issues not just in government but the private sector also.

I don't share your faith that the private sector can perform a lot of the functions that local, state, and federal government performs. Education for example, no it is not perfect and this nation is rapidly slipping behind the rest of the world but left to the private sector and I think you would start seeing the "Wal-Mart" effect. Tom and Susie would decide that their 5 children don't need education and "think of how many Twinkies we could buy with that money". Same "Wal-Mart" effect would take over with retirement. In the present, they find more pleasure in buying Twinkies than saving for retirement.

The reason we have the crappy system we do is because no one has figured out a better system. I applaud you for giving it thought but right now you haven't an ounce of evidence that it will work.

Well thanks for not going off on this. The thing is the current way things are going is a snowball effect of politicians getting more more power and things for the people getting worse and worse. The government is growing bigger and bigger everyday and putting their hands into our lives more and more.There needs to be a complete change of the system we are in. am The belief system I believe in makes sense to me. Sharing ideas and debate is a healthy thing. Something the left has cut off today and responds to with violence and racial politics. Things are getting worse in this country, and I dont see a change coming unless the millennials somehow have a change of mindset. If this. does not happen I am bigtime screwed. I am 40, halfway through my life, God willing. Its a bid to save my future. Thanks for hearing me out. Ron Paul was my hero for a moment. He was the one guy in Congress that always voted his principles. I respected that

BK9954":3omlb91j said:
Bright Raven":3omlb91j said:
BK9954,

Well thanks for not going off on this. The thing is the current way things are going is a snowball effect of politicians getting more more power and things for the people getting worse and worse. The government is growing bigger and bigger everyday and putting their hands into our lives more and more.There needs to be a complete change of the system we are in. am The belief system I believe in makes sense to me. Sharing ideas and debate is a healthy thing. Something the left has cut off today and responds to with violence and racial politics. Things are getting worse in this country, and I dont see a change coming unless the millennials somehow have a change of mindset. If this. does not happen I am bigtime screwed. I am 40, halfway through my life, God willing. Its a bid to save my future. Thanks for hearing me out. Ron Paul was my hero for a moment. He was the one guy in Congress that always voted his principles. I respected that

I happen to share many of your concerns. What irks me are radicals, extremist and those that demonize anyone who doesn't share their views.

You stated above: Sharing ideas and debate is a healthy thing. Something the left has cut off today and responds to with violence and racial politics.

Why did you direct that at the left? As a matter of fact, the right does the same thing.

Bright Raven":21el5o2y said:
BK9954":21el5o2y said:
Bright Raven":21el5o2y said:
BK9954,

I happen to share many of your concerns. What irks me are radicals, extremist and those that demonize anyone who doesn't share their views.

You stated above: Sharing ideas and debate is a healthy thing. Something the left has cut off today and responds to with violence and racial politics.

Why did you direct that at the left? As a matter of fact, the right does the same thing.
Watch the protesters in Berkeley and other college campuses, watch a lot of the interviews on youtube, when conservatives speak or try to they are shouted down, resorted to racial politics or name calling. I may have missed it on the right, you could be correct but I have not seen it. I see the violence on the left, so thats where my attention is. You can see the articles and video. It is very concerning. Scary this is the new tactic of the left. Banning all white people from a campus and taking it over. Where are we heading? Going to sleep, got 3 hours sleep last night, worries of satanist kept me up as well :lol:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the- ... experience

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/civil-wa ... -on-campus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5jbk7mcolk

I haven't seen even the extreme right wingers burning their towns, and beating folks just because of a person's color, and threatening to kill cops. The left is out of control, even the supposedly moderate liberals. Look no further than how the right acted since 2008, and the left since 2016. CASE CLOSED

BK9954":3bl2hgb5 said:
Nesikep":3bl2hgb5 said:
BK9954":3bl2hgb5 said:
That's all well and good. Now translate all that freedom into $$$$$ for all the things we states just gotta have. We bytch about government intervention yet we are the first to go begging to the gov't when we need money. The problem is "local".

True Grit Farms":2r9jen6f said:
I haven't seen even the extreme right wingers burning their towns, and beating folks just because of a person's color, and threatening to kill cops. The left is out of control, even the supposedly moderate liberals. Look no further than how the right acted since 2008, and the left since 2016. CASE CLOSED
Which wing was the KKK a part of?? Just a few short years ago a couple of folks down CB's way roped a black man and pulled him down a road until they pulled his head off.

I don't watch much TV so I don't keep up on the organized demonstrations.

There are extremist on both sizes. It got extreme when Obama was President. I doubt there is a user on this forum who did not witness someone call him a n........ That kind of crap is extreme in my mind.

The media, information technology and the fact that news has evolved into entertainment, I think are factors that have contributed to the extremism. 50 years ago, I don't remember people showing the kind of disrespect you see today for the Office of the President regardless of whether you supported their policies.

TexasBred":1qj5gkzw said:
True Grit Farms":1qj5gkzw said:
Which wing was the KKK a part of?? Just a few short years ago a couple of folks down CB's way roped a black man and pulled him down a road until they pulled his head off.

the KKK were democrats

Bright Raven":v1grw679 said:

There are extremist on both sizes. It got extreme when Obama was President. I doubt there is a user on this forum who did not witness someone call him a n........ That kind of crap is extreme in my mind.

The media, information technology and the fact that news has evolved into entertainment, I think are factors that have contributed to the extremism. 50 years ago, I don't remember people showing the kind of disrespect you see today for the Office of the President regardless of whether you supported their policies.
I have been keeping up with what has been going on. Its getting nuts. A UN counsel actually declared words can do the same damage as a physical attack. This was justification to try to enact a censorship of the internet. Also a statement like that gives a person a reason to feel no remorse when they physically beat you for having an opposing view. Which is exactly what has happened here in the pre and post election protest. Our whole way of life is under attack, who gives anyone the right to censor what kind of media or information I can get, especially the darn U.N. As you see in the youtube video we have outright racist black college kids taking over a campus. And it worked, the dean gave into them and had the campus police stand down! Where is the tolerance for any other view, culture or race we are supposed to have for each other. This is getting to be a dangerous time in history folks. I have stated a few times in this website, keeping up with current events and culture is the best way to prepare for what is coming. Ever read Revelations? I have. But that day comes like a thief in the night.

M-5":1wqktrw3 said:
TexasBred":1wqktrw3 said:
True Grit Farms":1wqktrw3 said:

the KKK were democrats
Yep times have changed. Dems were right wing conservative back then. The entire confederacy was democrats with the KKK begin the post war military arm of the party.

BK9954":1avf0dn8 said:
Bright Raven":1avf0dn8 said:

I have been keeping up with what has been going on. Its getting nuts. A UN counsel actually declared words can do the same damage as a physical attack. This was justification to try to enact a censorship of the internet. Also a statement like that gives a person a reason to feel no remorse when they physically beat you for having an opposing view. Which is exactly what has happened here in the pre and post election protest. Our whole way of life is under attack, who gives anyone the right to censor what kind of media or information I can get, especially the darn U.N. As you see in the youtube video we have outright racist black college kids taking over a campus. And it worked, the dean gave into them and had the campus police stand down! Where is the tolerance for any other view, culture or race we are supposed to have for each other. This is getting to be a dangerous time in history folks. I have stated a few times in this website, keeping up with current events and culture is the best way to prepare for what is coming. Ever read Revelations? I have. But that day comes like a thief in the night.

Most of it happened 2000 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts