Farmall Super H propane conversion

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
My Super H has been converted ot run on Propane. Somethign is wrong with the carb. When I turn it over propane fumes com eout the exhaust, when Im not turning it over the fumes come out the regular carb air intake. I think its a problem with the propane carb that feeds into the regular carb, but I really ahve no idea how the propane carb actually works. I took the cover off and didnt see anything jumping out at me that looked wrong, but who knows. Anybody know anything about propane carbs or recognize my tractors symptoms.

3MR":1w7nsz5g said:
My Super H has been converted ot run on Propane. Somethign is wrong with the carb. When I turn it over propane fumes com eout the exhaust, when Im not turning it over the fumes come out the regular carb air intake. I think its a problem with the propane carb that feeds into the regular carb, but I really ahve no idea how the propane carb actually works. I took the cover off and didnt see anything jumping out at me that looked wrong, but who knows. Anybody know anything about propane carbs or recognize my tractors symptoms.

You might try posting your question on this website.
http://www.ytmag.com/farmall/wwwboard1.html

Thanks, I posted it around a bunch and have gotten the answer from a post on yesterdays tractor.