Farm Labor Shortage

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":77bybgen said:
greybeard":77bybgen said:
3 pgs later, it's obvious the answer to all these problems is MORE illegals.

Not obvious at all. I am not reading any "answers". What I am reading is more descriptive of the current "state of affairs".

As they say, identify the problem - then solve it. BTW: I don't have the statistics but anecdotally, a lot of the Mexican labor here are not illegals. The fence crew working for Kevin have been here about 20 years. Some said they have never been back to Mexico and don't have any contact. It just turns out that Mexican labor is usually better than the local young white guys.

Solution.....if your grandfather wasn't born here. You gotta go.

callmefence":2mfbgpuh said:
Bright Raven":2mfbgpuh said:
greybeard":2mfbgpuh said:

Not obvious at all. I am not reading any "answers". What I am reading is more descriptive of the current "state of affairs".

As they say, identify the problem - then solve it. BTW: I don't have the statistics but anecdotally, a lot of the Mexican labor here are not illegals. The fence crew working for Kevin have been here about 20 years. Some said they have never been back to Mexico and don't have any contact. It just turns out that Mexican labor is usually better than the local young white guys.

Solution.....if your grandfather wasn't born here. You gotta go.

Ok, GB. Now we got our first answer. Ha Ha. That one will not fly and you know it.

a lot of the illegals are working under legal Mexican foremans """that can speak English' that pay them pennies on the dollar..and live in the suburbs..especially some of the migrate workers... Like the gal that bring around chip and salsa can't speak a work of English and just giggles when you talk to them...

Bright Raven":1hn5m0sf said:
greybeard":1hn5m0sf said:

The ones that don't go back to Mexico or have any contact don't need to, they've got the whole clan here already

Txpiney":1p6iw9i2 said:
Bright Raven":1p6iw9i2 said:
greybeard":1p6iw9i2 said:

The ones that don't go back to Mexico or have any contact don't need to, they've got the whole clan here already

I got that impression. The crew Kevin uses were clearly connected to each other by some family ties. A couple commented that their parents were dead so there was no reason to ever go back.

ALACOWMAN":219e4qv4 said:
a lot of the illegals are working under legal Mexican foremans """that can speak English' that pay them pennies on the dollar..and live in the suburbs..especially some of the migrate workers... Like the gal that bring around chip and salsa can't speak a work of English and just giggles when you talk to them...

That's exactly right. Had some work done last year on Dad's house. First day there was more mescuns on that house than Santa Ana brought to the Alamo. Lead by a well dressed foreman in a new pickup who spoke percent English. I ask him . All these boys are legal right. O yes sir he stammers.

The next day he came with two........................

I imagine in about 50 or so years, our kids and grandkids will hear how badly they were mistreated...and some sort of compensation will be demanded ..for something their own people did but were Americans by proxy