Farm House

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Finally got finished building my house out on the farm. I did most of the work myself and was the general contractor for all of it. It was the only way I could afford to build what we wanted. Anyway I finished up with 4,760 square feet of living space and 7,000 sq. feet under roof counting the garage and porches. It seemed like it took me forever. I thought I would post some pics of the house and parts of the interior. Furniture is on order and about 8 weeks out on delivery so it looks empty. I am posting views of the farm from the front porch and back. I finally feel at home.

Front of house
P7080044.jpg

Front / side angle
P7080045.jpg

Back of house
P7080047.jpg

Part of kitchen
P7080041.jpg

Living Room
P7080042.jpg

Master bath
P7080043.jpg

Part of trophy room
P7080037.jpg

foyer
P7080040.jpg

view from front porch
P7080048.jpg

view from back porch
P7080046.jpg

A man can't be any luckier than I. God has blessed me and my family beyond what we deserve. This is a place that I will never want to leave.

Holy Smokes HOSS!!
That is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful job you have done on it, no wonder you are so proud. Good for you!

Hoss that's one beautiful place. Bet you enjoy sitting in those rocking chairs and relaxing. Looks like good finish work on everything as well. My hat is off to you. :tiphat:

I'd like to take a tour of the trophy room, then have a drink with ya on your back deck. When is a good time?

Beautiful place.

Why all the big houses...heck my little casa is barely 2000 sq. feet and I can't find my wife half the time. Thinking about selling it and buying a cabin. As for building, I'd be hard pressed to build a blue bird box. Those of you who can build like that have a very special talent.

:shock: :shock: absolutly stunning!!! i love how elegant it is but yet it has the " 'ol farm house" appeal to it. the kitchen and trophy rooms are really really neat in my opinion. that bath dont look too shabby either after a days work. the views are gorgeous as well. you are really blessed. and you did a fantastic job on it. all that work really does pay off. :tiphat:

Good job, Hoss! You have a lot to be proud of, and thankful for.

Anybody remember the screwed up porch Gene Hackman was building in Unforgiven? Well, that would be me. I can do the simple handyman things fairly well but beyond that I wouldn't dream of trying it.

Hoss, I bet you are glad that all of your hard work and patience has paid off, you have a very beautiful home.

Both homes are very lovely..yours and TN's. :)

Thanks for all the compliments :D We are proud of the place but humbled at the same time. Allot of blood, sweat and tears went into the place.......that will ground some of that pride into reality. I still have lots of work to do. Gonna be working on fencing 20 acres tomorrow. Right now we are setting the corner and stretch posts into concrete.

I love sitting on the back porch and watching the sun rise over the mountains. All of ya'll are welcome to stop by and have some iced sweet tea or cold watermelon. Just drop me a line and I'll have it ready for ya!

The trophy room is my favorite place. I do my own taxidermy work so I mount all of the bigger animals that I take. Aside from the labor it makes it cheaper to get em done. I have taken bears, goats, elk, lopes, whitetails, mulies, yotes,hogs, wolvesand other varmints that will go in there.

VanC":3vsin51z said:
Good job, Hoss! You have a lot to be proud of, and thankful for.

Anybody remember the screwed up porch Gene Hackman was building in Unforgiven? Well, that would be me. I can do the simple handyman things fairly well but beyond that I wouldn't dream of trying it.

I don't consider myself especially handy. I hired a friend who is an awesome framer to guide me through the framing part. I subbed out the electrical and siding. I did the windows, doors, plumbing, trim, flooring, paint and any dozer work. I hired experienced friends for roofing, drywall etc. The stairway rail was installed by our church's youth pastor. Cabinets were pretty easy to install with a little common sense but I left the granite counter tops to the pros. I also installed the porch columns which was not real fun. I did some of the masonry work but hired out some too.

The house is double insulated. I spent more on that because the electric bills would be high with 8 tons of HVAC (4 up stairs and 4 down).

man hoss thats 1 nice house let me tell you.i can tell that you put alot of time into building it an doing things right.your baby will love growing up in that big house.as well as your older kids.how meny bedrooms is it.i to love your trophy room.an would love to see more pics of your trophies.

HOSS":3h7bfuh8 said:
Thanks for all the compliments :D We are proud of the place but humbled at the same time. Allot of blood, sweat and tears went into the place.......that will ground some of that pride into reality. I still have lots of work to do. Gonna be working on fencing 20 acres tomorrow. Right now we are setting the corner and stretch posts into concrete.

I love sitting on the back porch and watching the sun rise over the mountains. All of ya'll are welcome to stop by and have some iced sweet tea or cold watermelon. Just drop me a line and I'll have it ready for ya!

The trophy room is my favorite place. I do my own taxidermy work so I mount all of the bigger animals that I take. Aside from the labor it makes it cheaper to get em done. I have taken bears, goats, elk, lopes, whitetails, mulies, yotes,hogs, wolvesand other varmints that will go in there.

Now that sounds like an invite that can't be turned down....ice cold watermelon as always good. I'll get my old deer head and big bass out of the freezer and while I'm there you can mount them for me. :lol: I'll sit in the rocking chair and enjoy the view.

Well.... if we're sharing...this is our place... built 2 years ago. Future plans are a pond and more fencing (you can't see the cow pastures...so I'll show another pic of how close the cows are to the house.. I can look out my kitchen window and see them. I just love it).
[img]http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/farm_pictures_114.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/new_cows_031.JPG[/img]

Y'all are welcome to a glass of tea at my place too...(I think Tommy Ruyle is the only one that would show up though.. he just lives across a few fields from me).haha.

Wisteria Farms":3ogxv9xv said:
Well.... if we're sharing...this is our place... built 2 years ago. Future plans are a pond and more fencing (you can't see the cow pastures...so I'll show another pic of how close the cows are to the house.. I can look out my kitchen window and see them. I just love it).
[img]http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/farm_pictures_114.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/new_cows_031.JPG[/img]

Y'all are welcome to a glass of tea at my place too...(I think Tommy Ruyle is the only one that would show up though.. he just lives across a few fields from me).haha.

Wisteria Farms, I am in Southern Illinois every November for the shotgun season. I hunt just southeast of Harrisburg. You have a beautiful place and it looks to have plenty of room. Problem with big houses is that I find myself text messaging my kids on their cell phones when they are upstairs. By the looks of your house you may want to issue out Motorolla radios :lol:

Thats funny you say that...I find myself standing at base of the steps hollering "where are you!!". Its big because our office is over our garage... we sold the office in town so we could watch over our cattle all day just by looking out the window. Anytime you're in our "neck of the woods" let me know... we'd be glad to have you come by for a visit. We're just north of St. Louis.

Hoss/TNMasterBeef... great places. Hoss, ... love the front porch. TN.. love that you're on the water...how cool. Someone asked "why the big houses"... well, for us, my husbands family is spread out all over the US. As such we have company pretty frequently. Also, I am one of only two of us in the family that has holidays (even when I was in our small ranch I had holidays) so, I really wanted to be able to hold the family comfortably by having a large dining room/kitchen/breakfast nook. Also, there's a possibility that the inlaws could start staying 6mos out of the year with us.. so gave my daughter a bedroom with a bath in prep for that...then there's the office... why pay for two places when you can combine it into one... so for us, we really needed the room. If you visit though you'd see we're very "downhome" (IL slang)...we treasure simple things/old ways.

Latest posts