Fall Grazing pics..

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Tuesday I gathered the cows that were in the Cherry Creek pasture- and trailed them about 6 miles til I hit the neighbors 4 Mile Pasture (4 miles long by 4 miles wide).... I just turned them lose there- and when I went back up on Wednesday morning- they were walking the fenceline wanting to get into the old homestead place...

Cows going in the gate from a dry looking pasture... Neighbor had several thousand yearlings in this pasture and they walked the fencelines pretty bare...

To a land of milk and honey (hay and lentil fields)...

Calves looking pretty good- but they should really puss up on these fields and the unused pasture around it..

Volunteer lentils...

I put out some mineral- so all the snoopy ones had to come check it out..

One of the bull calves that was in the Cherry Creek pasture that I hadn't seen for a couple of months- LBB Juanada Rito 124 C2 #18194084 ( a Juanada Rito 06X son out of a Whitney Creek Bannon 730T sired cow)

Jabes0623":p7g4qqpe said:
Wow it's flat there! I'm used to the hills & hollers of Appalachia where its rare to see a 100 yards of flat level ground.

Yeah- we are a county of very varied terrain... This area is mostly gravely rolling hills... But both further north and south in the county you can find rough breaks and timber areas...
When I was much younger I lived about 10 months in the mountains (Gallatin Canyon) - but always felt claustraphobic ... Had to move back to my wide open prairies..

Oldtimer":1k7flb2m said:
Jabes0623":1k7flb2m said:
Wow it's flat there! I'm used to the hills & hollers of Appalachia where its rare to see a 100 yards of flat level ground.

Yeah- we are a county of very varied terrain... This area is mostly gravely rolling hills... But both further north and south in the county you can find rough breaks and timber areas...
When I was much younger I lived about 10 months in the mountains (Gallatin Canyon) - but always felt claustraphobic ... Had to move back to my wide open prairies..

There's no place like home.

Great looking cattle & beautiful country. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Get your neighbour to sign up, would be interesting to get more pics and ideas from the guys with thousands in a pasture.

Enjoy your pics too though, thanks.

Latest posts