Failure to plan ahead

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M":1mpz9ash said:
I know that you didn't post this for praise, but you're a good man, Bigfoot.

Better than me. I got enough of my own stuff going on without trying to take care of people that's got no try in them.

Bigfoot":1wcpkgwh said:
Bright Raven":1wcpkgwh said:
Troy,

I am in Kentucky so it is about the same here. I am well prepared. Kenley Conner (Select Sires) was just here servicing my semen tank. I showed him my calves. He said if he ever comes back as a calf, he wants to come back on my farm. Lol. My calves look good. Sorry, tooting my own horn.

My only scare would be losing water. I really don't have an emergency plan for that. All my water for the cattle is public water.

Water is a challenge, and it's the hardest battle. I'm blessed with quit a bit of moving water (I know the cows shouldn't be in it, but they are).

I was down in Oregon looking at places yesterday. One of them had a hot spring that ran out of the hill just up behind the house. I told the broker one advantage to that place is you don't have to worry about the stock water freezing no matter how cold it gets.

Bigfoot":2o3a44bz said:
. If people would just plan ahead, or learn from previous years, it wouldn't be too bad. I also realize if you live in Louisiana, you not set up for the cold. This is Ky. We get cold snaps and snow every year. Why not plan for it? Rant over.
You are right. In Louisiana we don't know how to handle cold, snow, ice.
Wife said face book map showed La. shut down. It pretty much was but better now.
Snowed twice here. That is two times too many.
What amuses me is no mail. Whatever happened to that storms, gloom of night, etc.
Seems the old time pony express riders are no more.

People really do try to prepare for hurricanes. In fact they go crazy buying out grocery stores when a hurricane is forecast. To get out amongst them is often more dangerous than the hurricane.

But when you get down to it seems that people are people no matter where they are. Some got good sense and some don't.

I have heard it said that it takes all kinds to make a world.
I have never understood that. :?

Ryder":5y7rue5r said:
Bigfoot":5y7rue5r said:
. If people would just plan ahead, or learn from previous years, it wouldn't be too bad. I also realize if you live in Louisiana, you not set up for the cold. This is Ky. We get cold snaps and snow every year. Why not plan for it? Rant over.
You are right. In Louisiana we don't know how to handle cold, snow, ice.
Wife said face book map showed La. shut down. It pretty much was but better now.
Snowed twice here. That is two times too many.
What amuses me is no mail. Whatever happened to that storms, gloom of night, etc.
Seems the old time pony express riders are no more.

People really do try to prepare for hurricanes. In fact they go crazy buying out grocery stores when a hurricane is forecast. To get out amongst them is often more dangerous than the hurricane.

But when you get down to it seems that people are people no matter where they are. Some got good sense and some don't.

I have heard it said that it takes all kinds to make a world.
I have never understood that. :?
There's always a brite side to everything, snakes don't like snow.

Latest posts