Eye Problem *photo*

Help Support CattleToday:

Wanda

Reaction score
I have a cow up that I am treating. Her inner eyelid (inside corner) got injured (or what I hope was injured) about 4 weeks ago--it drained a lot, attracted lots of flies... and I think attracted lots of horse flies. I treated her 4 weeks ago with an eye wash and ointment and turned her out. I'm not sure if she was swatting her eye and hit it with her tag or was rubbing it, but it after it got better, it got worse. lol
So, I got her up and have been treating her for about 8 days. She had 45mL of LA-200 on day 1 and I have been washing her eye every other day since. I have put a fly mask on her. The swelling and drainage has decreased tremendously...but--I worry it is worse than I am imagining and need to have it removed? An "old timer" said it was probably cancer eye--but I don't like "probably"s. it IS getting better, but the inside corner still concerns me. Any advice? Keep doing what I am or should I find a local vet to come out? :help:
This picture is day 1, day 4, day 8 (top to bottom)

Yikes! Although it's clearly getting better, the only cancer eye we've had didn't look as bad as the 3rd pic. Our vet removed the tumor (healed beautifully, could hardly tell) & suggested we cull her after she calved/raised the calf because she also had swollen lymph nodes. I'd get a vet to come out for a thorough exam - although well done on the progress you've made so far.

Ugh, thats like a zombie eye. I would have taken that cow to the vet. All it could be is something stuck in it or it needs removed. I took one a few years ago where the vet dug all around in the eye socket with his finger. Found that its one of the few things i cant watch...still gives me the creeps..

Latest posts